R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Where do you get your service done?

Old 02-06-2014, 04:54 PM   #1
HandOfGod is on a distinguished road
HandOfGod's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Where do you get your service done?

My 2014 Tacoma is due for it's first oil change. So the next 2 years I plan on using the dealership since it's included! So what dealership do you get your service done at? I noticed that the V6 takes conventional? Is getting conventional worth the up charge? I purchased my Tacoma at Big Two Toyota so that is a start. TIA
Old 02-07-2014, 12:15 AM   #2
FORK 'EM!
TACO 12B is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO 12B is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO 12B is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO 12B is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO 12B is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO 12B is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO 12B is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO 12B is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO 12B is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO 12B is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO 12B is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Engineer
Name: Brody
TACO 12B's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same boat. My dealership, Right Toyota, threw in an extra year of free scheduled maintenance. I am due for an oil change in another two thousand miles and will let you know how well of a job they do.

As far as the oil, just use whatever the dealer puts in and not pay more because you have a warranty. Once your warranty expires, I would go to a synthetic at that point because you will be 100,000+ miles.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:19 AM   #3
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
If you're going to ask "which dealership" it would help if you had your location in your profile.

But honestly, I don't care if the dealer paid me to bring my truck in and have them service it, I would still do all of my own work.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:53 AM   #6
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jason
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Read the thread about the guy who had the Toyota care and took his brand new truck with 4,xxx miles on it in for its first oil change. They promptly drove his truck out to him and he was able to drive 30 feet away before the truck died, apparently they forgot to put oil back in the truck.

I do my own oil changes
Old 02-11-2014, 07:08 AM   #7
TRD
Rodrigo is on a distinguished road

Name: Rodrigo
Rodrigo's Tacoma Gallery
I do everything myself.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:17 AM   #8
Flowin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowin is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Flowin's Tacoma Gallery
I have ~3000 on MY14, I have the same free 2 year maintenance plan that came with the car, but will not use it.
Even so it came with conventional oil, I will switch to full synthetic at my first oil change. Do it myself too, too many dealer mistakes.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:19 AM   #9
cabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud ofcabo wabo has much to be proud of

Name: billy
cabo wabo's Tacoma Gallery
The Toyota Service Tech takes care of mine
Old 02-13-2014, 12:11 AM   #11
I have read those dealer horror stories so was hoping to get a preferred shop for Phoenix for dealership work. I am gonna have Big Two do my oil change but with the Mobil 1 I bought at Costco. It's 27.99 for a case of six to those that need to stock up. Hopefully no horror stories to add.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:41 AM   #12
TRD
Rodrigo is on a distinguished road

Name: Rodrigo
Rodrigo's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard avondale Toyota does a good service. Oh and there is a beautiful and rare LFA to drool at while you wait.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:50 AM   #13
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandOfGod View Post
I have read those dealer horror stories so was hoping to get a preferred shop for Phoenix for dealership work. I am gonna have Big Two do my oil change but with the Mobil 1 I bought at Costco. It's 27.99 for a case of six to those that need to stock up. Hopefully no horror stories to add.

you mean like them keeping your mobil-1 and putting reg oil in your truck... yea that happens all the time. If you don't know what it looks like I suggest dipping your dip stick in synthetic so you know what it looks like and can check.

also you should request the 1/2 quart back that is not used so you can use it later on.

I would also suggest taking a silver sharpie and putting your mileage on your oil filter.

oh and a filter magnet is great as long as the dealer doesn't throw it away https://www.expeditionexchange.com/filtermag/
Old 02-13-2014, 10:11 AM   #14
signalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shedsignalbobby is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Airborne Signal Soldier
Name: Robert
signalbobby's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandOfGod View Post
I have had mine serviced at Big Two without issues and Power Tempe Toyota (though someone had an issue with them).

After reading all the threads, im going to continue to take it to Big Two toyota and check it all before I leave. Very simple and worth taking 2 minutes to check the oil level, oil filter drain area etc rather than having to waste the time to fix it and/or dealing with the dealer.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:21 AM   #15
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Big Two gave me all sorts of problems. Never in my life will I take my truck there again.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...wo-toyota.html

And this is just the first major fuck up by them. I've found all sorts of other issues they've caused over the 1 1/2 years I took my truck to them.

I always did my own work to everything I got and I always bought used cars. This time I said to myself "wouldn't it be nice to not have to deal with that minor bullshit for a few years?". The headaches I've had from the dealer were much worse than having to deal with minor bullshit every few months.

You want something done right, do it yourself. You want you truck to almost catch fire and start billowing tons of smoke while driving down the freeway with your wife and 5 dogs in the truck, let the dealer do it for ya.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:28 AM   #16
I came from the VW world and Camelback and North Scottsdale were the two dealerships to go to if you needed dealer work done. I will go to Bell Toyota since they are real close and I haven't heard anything bad.