R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Looking for someone to install shocks

Old 04-09-2014, 11:18 PM   #1
AZM9 is a name known to allAZM9 is a name known to allAZM9 is a name known to allAZM9 is a name known to allAZM9 is a name known to allAZM9 is a name known to all

Army:
Name: Jay
AZM9's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for someone to install shocks

Is there anyone out there that would be willing to install my Bilstein 5100 shocks. Ordered them off eBay and will be here soon.

Of course I will help but I do not have the equipment needed and the HOA won't allow working on vehicles.

Let me know what you charge. I was quoted $900 from Meineke. Needless to say they will never see business from me, not in this lifetime.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:21 PM   #2
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
You really are going to let a home owners association tell you that on your property you can't install shocks? I'd do it anyways.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:33 PM   #3
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-10-2014, 12:38 AM   #4
AZM9 is a name known to allAZM9 is a name known to allAZM9 is a name known to allAZM9 is a name known to allAZM9 is a name known to allAZM9 is a name known to all

Army:
AZM9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
You really are going to let a home owners association tell you that on your property you can't install shocks? I'd do it anyways.
Unfortunately, I am renting so I have to deal with Hoa, property mgt company and homeowner.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:47 AM   #5
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZM9 View Post
Unfortunately, I am renting so I have to deal with Hoa, property mgt company and homeowner.
That's why you do it at night.......
Old 04-10-2014, 01:56 AM   #6
BRING INFRA BACK
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: cody
4runnercaged's Tacoma Gallery
I could probably help you out dude. Did you get new coils or do you need to put the stock coils on the new shocks?
Old 04-10-2014, 02:50 AM   #8
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Lol. $900 for 2 hrs of work.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:37 AM   #9

Army:
AZM9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runnercaged View Post
I could probably help you out dude. Did you get new coils or do you need to put the stock coils on the new shocks?
I am just replacing the shocks and keeping the stock coils.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:38 AM   #10

Army:
AZM9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Do it in the garage. Please don't pay $900... Total overcharge
Trust me I am not paying them $900.00
Old 04-10-2014, 08:43 AM   #11
BRING INFRA BACK
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
I am just replacing the shocks and keeping the stock coils.
never done a 2nd gen before but have done a first gen countless times. im sure its the same concept.
we could get it done in like 2 hours. i dont know how to swap coils so that is something you would need to have a shop do. i know o riellys rent out a spring compresser but id rather not do it. have heard some scary stories.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:28 AM   #12
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in Chandler and can lend you a hand. I have a garage w/tools and most important, no HOA.

Not sure how fast you want to do this but I won't be free for 2 weeks to get around to this. PM me if you are interested.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:55 AM   #13
BRING INFRA BACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
I'm in Chandler and can lend you a hand. I have a garage w/tools and most important, no HOA.

Not sure how fast you want to do this but I won't be free for 2 weeks to get around to this. PM me if you are interested.
im in the same boat.
shop with tools and no HOA.

am i sensing a mini meet?
my truck is broke right now so i have a little time.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:11 AM   #14
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
That didn't stop me lol.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:12 AM   #15
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:

I'm down to lend a hand too
Old 04-10-2014, 03:36 PM   #16
DesertRatOffroad is on a distinguished road

DesertRatOffroad's Tacoma Gallery
We can install them for you, we charge 2 hrs labor (75 ph) and an alignment if you want to change ride height. le me know 480-833-7300
Old 04-10-2014, 04:01 PM   #17
BRING INFRA BACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRatOffroad View Post
We can install them for you, we charge 2 hrs labor (75 ph) and an alignment if you want to change ride height. le me know 480-833-7300
so for you guys to install front and rear shocks and put the stock coils on the new shocks its $150? thats a good deal right there i feel like.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:02 PM   #18

Army:
AZM9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thanks guys I really appreciate the offers. That's why I love this site along with all the other Tacoma owners. I am going to go ahead with Desert Rat Off-road because they can do the alignment and all next week.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:42 PM   #19
DaniCucu is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaniCucu is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaniCucu is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaniCucu is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaniCucu is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaniCucu is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaniCucu is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaniCucu is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaniCucu is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaniCucu is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaniCucu is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DaniCucu's Tacoma Gallery
Call or text Carmine 480-695-8580 if you still need install. He just put in my Bilstein shocks and struts, for cheap, he is always available, reliable and very honest. Let him know Danielle sent you and he will take care of you. Good luck!
Old 04-12-2014, 07:17 AM   #20
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
AZM9,
I have a spring compressor you can use to make it a bit easier if you decide to do it yourself.
It is much safer than the rental units from most auto parts places.
Let me know if you can use it.
It has done probably 20 spring swaps.