R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Your Top 5 Trails in AZ

Old 05-17-2014, 05:49 PM   #1
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Your Top 5 Trails in AZ

Difficulty? Scenic value? Historical value? Memorable?

Here are mine (in no order):
* Broken Arrow- fun, scenic wheeling
* Rug Road- good length and variety
* Box-Coke Ovens- great sonoran desert
* Pyeatt Draw- scenic az highcountry (run it wet )
* Tie: Point Sublime and El Camino Del Diablo

Honorable mention: Apache Trail and Rim Road. Both are classic, awesome AZ trails everyone should do... just a little too easy to make the top 5 though

What are your top 5?
Old 05-17-2014, 06:03 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
#1. Merzville Road : Pretty easy, but scenic. Go south to end up on the edge of the rim. Going south has some tight spots, and large rocks. Stock 4x4 friendly, and a couple very nice grassy spots for camping.......last time I was up there, there is still some of the tree left that we drug to our camping spot and used for fire wood....help yourself

#2. El Oso mine trail. Some good climbs, little rocks, and the last bit to the mine is closed to vehicles, but its a short walk.

#3. Broken Arrow (already mentioned)

#4. grand Canyon Stage Route; FR301. Very scenic, prerunner friendly, except for FR301.

#5. Sunflower Mine. Easy, scenic trail, with lots of old mining equipment. 80% dirt road, and 20% rocks, and washed out climbs past the camp grounds. Have a spotter for the rocks, but stock 4x4 friendly.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:22 AM   #3
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Sunflower Mine is a neat trail but last time I did it was April, '07. I remember it going from easy to hard with a tough, long stretch of rock/wash. Maybe it was an alternate section.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:13 AM   #4
enigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud of
Air Force: Medic
Name: Nate
enigmadsm's Tacoma Gallery
Crown king
Broken Arrow