1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anything happening this sunday?

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by ocherp, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Aug 29, 2014 at 12:29 AM
    ocherp

ocherp [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2016 V6 4X4
    SDHQ built
    Seeing if anyone was doing any runs or anything this sunday?

2. Aug 31, 2014 at 2:11 AM
    smabbott

smabbott Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stevo
    AZ
    Hey there ocherp,

I'll be between Bartlett Dam Road and the Verde River somewhere Sunday (8/31) morning. I'm going to try a trail called Indian Spring Wash Trail. It's published in the backcountry adventures book but a poster on the internet in 2002 said the trail was closed. I can't find much on it otherwise in terms of reviews but I thought i'd go anyways. The worst that happens is that i drive somewhere else in the area..

To any member reading this, anyone do this trail before? Anyone know if it's open? I have the waypoints programmed in GPS so I'll be letting everyone know otherwise..

I'll be mobbing around with a White Taco and Silver Wrangler. Trying to be done by noon as it's too damn hot right now!

3. Aug 31, 2014 at 8:17 AM
    2ndGenJonny

2ndGenJonny Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Gilbert, AZ
    Sounds like you are hitting 11mile wash man, its a quick run between Bartlett road and the Verde. A lot of the area around the Verde has been closed due to abuse. That area gets a lot of ATV and motorcycles so watch out. I've always run that trail at night.
    A long travel beast like Eric's ride will swallow up that trail and be done running it in under 20 min with no traffic.

4. Aug 31, 2014 at 5:34 PM
    smabbott

smabbott Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stevo
    AZ
    The trail I had in mind was in fact closed. There is a gate preventing vehicles but it seemed to be open for hikers. I'll be posting on the internet that this trail is not open for 4x4. It shows up on several websites and books for 4x4 trails so I'm glad I can do the public justice by giving my update.

In terms of plan B, we decided to go to Bartlett Lake as no one in our group had been. Not a bad place to be! I explored a few unpaved areas around the lake, then ate lunch at Rattlesnake Cove. If you're looking to find some water and have never been, I recommend checking it out. It was a nice change from my normal stomping grounds at Lake Pleasant.

Just a few pics attached. Getting amped to start hitting more trails. This heat is killin me...

IMG_20140831_133447.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.jpg

5. Aug 31, 2014 at 5:41 PM
    2ndGenJonny

2ndGenJonny Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Gilbert, AZ
    There used to be a trail 42 out there that was quite fun. It was closed as well after a huge storm. Bartlett and up to 7 springs is a fun area, just not in the summer.

Products Discussed in

To Top