R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Looking for AZ trail info Cherry Creek

Old 09-03-2014, 08:07 PM   #1
kai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kai38`'s Tacoma Gallery
Looking for AZ trail info Cherry Creek

Next week I'm heading to Mormon Lake for Off Camber 2014 from New Mexico taking the long way around to get there.
The basic route getting there is I-10 west to Lordsburg NM then back roads in to AZ past Globe turning onto 188 then 288.
I see on the map a road called Cherry Creek at N33 38.574 W110 57.093
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.6353.../data=!3m1!1e3
I've looked on line and seen a few trip reports, some mentioned how there were boulders in the road and downed trees but they were older reports.

Anyone have any current info on this road?

I'm looking to possible travel it north toward Young then catching Rim road 300 where it crosses 280.
I'll be towing a M416 and traveling alone.

Thanks
Old 09-04-2014, 10:38 AM   #3
Cannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shedCannonball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Cannonball's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't seen any recent info but here are some other older reports from a Jeep forum:
http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showt...t=cherry+creek

Here are a couple of cool things to see on the way:
http://www.arizonaruins.com/sierra_a...ils_chasm.html
http://www.toddshikingguide.com/Hike...to/Salome4.htm
Old 09-04-2014, 11:06 AM   #4
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
How much of dirt road you want to catch? You can pick up the 300 road and take it to strawberry or williams az from show low az
Old 09-04-2014, 11:18 AM   #5
kai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kai38`'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtank View Post
How much of dirt road you want to catch? You can pick up the 300 road and take it to strawberry or williams az from show low az
I've traveled the rim/300 a few times I'll pick it up and follow it all the way to 87 then up to Lake Mary rd to Mormon Lake

I might skip Cherry Creek this trip and save it for another time, not only will I be traveling alone but it adds 2.5 hrs to the drive the 1st day heading to Mormon Lake.
Looks like a great place to explore.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:21 AM   #6
AZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
AZBACKCOUNTRY's Tacoma Gallery
I've hunted up there but not for a while. I will see if I can find out more.
We've had heavy rain latey so the last part of the cherry could be super ruff.

300 will be beautiful saw a black bear up there a while back. Archery elk starts soon , there will be lots of atvs side by sides p there.

Have fun,
Az
Old 09-04-2014, 12:01 PM   #7
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kai38` View Post
I've traveled the rim/300 a few times I'll pick it up and follow it all the way to 87 then up to Lake Mary rd to Mormon Lake

I might skip Cherry Creek this trip and save it for another time, not only will I be traveling alone but it adds 2.5 hrs to the drive the 1st day heading to Mormon Lake.
Looks like a great place to explore.
Sweet sounds good. Safe travels man
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZBACKCOUNTRY View Post
I've hunted up there but not for a while. I will see if I can find out more.
We've had heavy rain latey so the last part of the cherry could be super ruff.

300 will be beautiful saw a black bear up there a while back. Archery elk starts soon , there will be lots of atvs side by sides p there.

Have fun,
Az
Archery deer is just about over. And next week starts archery bull