R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Road trip to Sedona, AZ looking for some advice on what to do/see!

Old 12-04-2014, 10:51 AM   #1
inv3ctiv3 is on a distinguished road
inv3ctiv3's Tacoma Gallery
Road trip to Sedona, AZ looking for some advice on what to do/see!

Like the title says a friend an I are planning on road tripping out to Sedona from Santa Barbara, CA mid December and we're looking for advice on what to do and see, we'll be in my tacoma so offroading would be super fun but honestly I have no idea what to do cause I've never been!
Thanks in advance!
Old 12-04-2014, 11:43 AM   #2
Puretac is on a distinguished road
Puretac's Tacoma Gallery
I think I hit up a microbrew there that wasn't too shabby. Can't speak of any offroading spots I know they've got a lot of "jeep tours".
Old 12-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #3
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
broken arrow trail in sedona.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:47 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtank View Post
broken arrow trail in sedona.
Can a stock OR handle that trail? I read a review that said it's pretty difficult, I'm not lifted or anything.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:44 PM   #5
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
hamNswiss on rye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv3ctiv3 View Post
Can a stock OR handle that trail? I read a review that said it's pretty difficult, I'm not lifted or anything.
4x4? There's a little rock climb at the very beginning of the trail...if you can get over that, you should clear everything else on the trail. I think guys have done it stock...
Old 12-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #6
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamNswiss on rye View Post
4x4? There's a little rock climb at the very beginning of the trail...if you can get over that, you should clear everything else on the trail. I think guys have done it stock...
Oh yea it's 4x4 just wanted to make sure I had the ground clearance.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:16 PM   #8
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!
hamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shedhamNswiss on rye is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
like i said, that first rock formation will let you know if you can make it. The problem (if any) will be your approach/departure angles...otherwise, clearance should be alright.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:17 PM   #9
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!

if that doesnt work out, theres some other moderate trails to check out...schnebly hill road is easy, just bumpy
Old 12-04-2014, 02:37 PM   #10
Awesome thanks man, we're gonna go through the Phoenix area too if there is anything fun to do or see around there.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:20 PM   #11
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah no problem. Allot of guys out here have done it in stock trucks and I know a couple prerunners that have done it.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:01 PM   #12
ˇYo Quiero Taco World!

Quote:
Awesome thanks man, we're gonna go through the Phoenix area too if there is anything fun to do or see around there.
when are you comin through? I live in the phoenix area (most of us do), we should get a meet or trail run together
Old 12-04-2014, 04:05 PM   #13
I'm thinking we'll be there around the 21st, I'm def down for a meet up or trail run!
Old 12-05-2014, 04:51 PM   #14
Booked my room at the Amara in Sedona so I'll be there 3 days (2 nights).
Old 12-05-2014, 04:59 PM   #15
addicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shedaddicted7369 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al
addicted7369's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Booked my room at the Amara in Sedona so I'll be there 3 days (2 nights).
goto the coffee pot for breakfast that place rocks, broken arrow is a really great trail along with the devils staircase
Old 12-05-2014, 05:16 PM   #16
Rock Licker
beyer075 is on a distinguished road
beyer075's Tacoma Gallery
Jerome is about 30 miles west of Sedona. Historic mining town turned touristy place. I liked visiting there. In Sedona/Cottonwood/Jerome there are a lot of small wineries that have tasting rooms if you're into that. I'm not sure what the snow is like there in the winter but Wilson Mountain was a good 10ish mile hike (round trip), goes to the highest point in Sedona. For food the Elote restaurant is rated 1 in town. Opens at 5 but a line forms half hour before... it's really good. For cheaper food the Coffee Pot Restaurant has good a variety of breakfasts.

I was there in October, really nice place.

Your truck will make it make it broken arrow, mine is stock and was fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Road trip to Sedona, AZ looking for some advice on what to do/see!-truck1.jpg  
Old 12-06-2014, 08:53 AM   #18
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
If you are interested in Native ruins there are a couple very close to town.

http://www.verdevalleyarchaeology.org/Honanki

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...a_Arizona.html

There is a lot of trails to hike out of Sedona as well.

Amara is a nice hotel to stay in.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:58 PM   #19
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
There are a bunch of hikes during the drive of Schnebley hill. You can get access to it from I17 or in Sedona. Oak Creek Canyon has plenty of hikes and is just North of Sedona. Watch out for the tons of Pink Jeep Tours running around Sedona. Most are rude and won't let you pass.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:49 AM   #20
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
A stock truck will make it. I've taken a stock fj through and they sit pretty low stock