1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear-Ended - Shop recommendations

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by unlewser, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Mar 2, 2015 at 10:16 AM
    unlewser

unlewser [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tempe, AZ
    Got rear ended yesterday. Everyone was OK. I have a 2012 DCSB offroad
    Rear chrome bumper is bent downward slightly and the tow package is a little bent.
    Also, air bag light on the dash is on and passenger side airbag shows as off even if someone is sitting in the seat and seat belt bucked.

Insurance is sending me to Service King to get an initial repair quote. Before seeing their quote, I assume I will want a second opinion.

Any reputable shops around Tempe?

Anyone know the price to replace the oem chrome bumper vs painted sport bumper vs plate bumper?

Any advice on what I should look for on the repair quotes in order to not get short changed?

Thanks in advance for your input.

2. Mar 2, 2015 at 11:22 AM
    karmatp

karmatp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2016 4x4 4Runner
    Call Body Pro's collision and tell him Trevor sent you his way, he will take care of you. I have taken a couple of my wife's vehicles to him and they do a amazing job, nice shop too. His # is 480-545-1816. The address is 1508 W. Scott Ave, Gilbert, AZ 85233.

They will be close to you and honestly, they are great, honest guys.

When I purchased my '14 4x4 Off Road I called him and he ordered me an OEM Toyota color matched rear bumper. Gave me a smoking deal and installed it for free. They come unpainted unless you get chrome but they do all the painting right there in their shop. They work with Toyota and Lexus, so no problem getting OEM stuff.

3. Mar 2, 2015 at 2:03 PM
    JPM OEF x3 MP

JPM OEF x3 MP Well-Known Member

Member:
    AZ desert
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD PRO Inferno
    Couldn't tell by post but is it YOUR insurance company or the other drivers?

Not sure of where to take on the east side but wherever you go, you need to be happy with them. Any local Toyota dealer there that can insure you get the OEM satisfaction you want? (Superstition or Riverview??)

If the other driver is at fault (sounds like it -rear ended) and they have insurance, just make sure they don't screw you on the repairs.

4. Mar 3, 2015 at 11:02 AM
    unlewser

unlewser [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tempe, AZ
    Its the other insurance company paying. I have another appointment at a state farm inspection facility(their insurance), where I think they will try and pay me out.

I still will try and get over to Karmatp's recommendation for another quote.

Products Discussed in

To Top