R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

going to arizona!

Old 05-27-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
going to arizona!

Hey everybody I will be in Arizona in September. I know it's a long way off but wanted to catch up with my TW buddies and plan some fun stuff while I'm there.

I'll be in Phoenix/Tempe then Tuscon.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:42 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery

Im sure we can plan something....Off roading...boating......whatever!
Old 05-27-2009, 08:47 AM   #3
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sorry!
Old 05-27-2009, 09:13 AM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
Sorry? have you ever been to AZ in the fall or to Az in general? Its beautiful, September may still be pretty hot but theres a reason many of the elderly and retired people from your area flock to our glorious state in the winter, We call them snowbirds.
X2. Well Said!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:38 AM   #5
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post

Im sure we can plan something....Off roading...boating......whatever!
Cool!!

Quote:
Sounds like we could set something up, like chris said maybe some wheeling

Sorry? have you ever been to AZ in the fall or to Az in general? Its beautiful, September may still be pretty hot but theres a reason many of the elderly and retired people from your area flock to our glorious state in the winter, We call them snowbirds.
It'll be a business trip though. So no Tacoma for me. But I can ride shotgun! I'm going to take a few extra days off and then fly back home. I have been there in the fall before. I'ts nice. No snowbird here. I like the snow. I left SoCal years ago to experience the winter.

Hopefully we can still party, hang out, go wheelin..
Old 05-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #6
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sounds like we could set something up, like chris said maybe some wheeling

Haha I was joking. I LOVE arizona. I used to go there all the time. My dad had work in pheonix fairly often and we would stay at the Buttes, by far my favorite hotel EVER. I also had a baseball tounry in Tuscan, and have hiked the grand canyon 3 times. ( I was a few months from being the youngest)
Old 05-27-2009, 08:16 PM   #8
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
that sucks, I'll be in Socal first week in September, then on to Jersey for the second week.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:26 AM   #9

OU812's Tacoma Gallery
That does suck.. Can I have your share of the beer? I'll toast to your being away and all.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:30 AM   #10
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
Has any of the AZ peeps on here been up the north side of Mount Lemmon in Tucson? I heard high clearance is required, possible 4WD. I drove up the south side a few weeks ago and was advised against going down the north side (we were in the wife's Mini).
Old 06-02-2009, 07:38 AM   #12
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i wanna go visit!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:14 AM   #13

Quote:
i dont know what this has to do with the thread but my buddy couldnt make it in the winter in his 2WD 4Runner because of the snow. I have heard is a ridiculously easy trail if there's no snow
X2. I tried it in a Toyota Corola one time, and made it half way up.....With a light snow...
Old 06-02-2009, 09:32 AM   #14

Quote:
so apparently its just ridiculously easy all the time
It was MUCh more challenging in the Corolla...
Old 06-02-2009, 09:37 AM   #15
blackhawk63 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ali
blackhawk63's Tacoma Gallery
ya az is cool
i went up to payson yesterday but in my step dads 05 tacoma
it was my first time off roading
maybe next time i go, ill take my tacoma and try it out
i know this is out of topic but do you know where i can get a deck plate around ahwatukee or chandler? im gonna try to do the deck plate mod today
Old 06-02-2009, 09:40 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk63 View Post
ya az is cool
i went up to payson yesterday but in my step dads 05 tacoma
it was my first time off roading
maybe next time i go, ill take my tacoma and try it out
i know this is out of topic but do you know where i can get a deck plate around ahwatukee or chandler? im gonna try to do the deck plate mod today
Check out any Marine store.....Not sure whats over by you, but I think Bass Pro shop has some (call first), and there is some marine shops in the Mesa area that have them. If you need a hand, Im gonna be working on PackerfanXD's truck today, you can stop by, and we'll throw the deck plate on for ya.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:51 AM   #17
blackhawk63 is on a distinguished road

Name: Ali
blackhawk63's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Check out any Marine store.....Not sure whats over by you, but I think Bass Pro shop has some (call first), and there is some marine shops in the Mesa area that have them. If you need a hand, Im gonna be working on PackerfanXD's truck today, you can stop by, and we'll throw the deck plate on for ya.
i wish i could stop by but my friend is already helping me on it
thanks for the help though
Old 06-02-2009, 10:09 AM   #18

Quote:
what are you guys gunna be doing?
Im gonna drop his front end a bit, as its too high, and Hes gonna try out one of my new leveling shimms.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:31 PM   #19
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i dont know what this has to do with the thread
It doesn't, but then when did that ever matter on TW?!
Old 06-02-2009, 05:48 PM   #20
rpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to behold

rpoint16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by petersharp View Post
Has any of the AZ peeps on here been up the north side of Mount Lemmon in Tucson? I heard high clearance is required, possible 4WD. I drove up the south side a few weeks ago and was advised against going down the north side (we were in the wife's Mini).

Not sure about Mt Lemon, but there is a trail called Chiva Falls N/E of Tuscon. Out past Tanque Verde & Tanque Verde (seriuosly ,two perpindicular roads called the same).

Not very long but very challanging. You need a lift & a locker last I was there, 3 years ago. Best time to go is in the spring after a good rain. The falls flow pretty good.