R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Area's near 'copa

Old 05-28-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Area's near 'copa

So, been looking for 'close' areas to do some trails. 4peaks/butcher jones is cool but still kinda far for 'copa city. Anyway, found this area http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...17667&t=h&z=12

Not sure what it is, didn't see any signs prohibiting motor vehicles or anything (looked around), did find a sign about some rules for game hunting, and there's a ton of trails out there that obviously have been used with off road vehicles... Definitely pre-runner friendly, not anything difficult but, for something about 40min away (less in reality) it's pretty fun. Seems like it'd be a great area for a raptor or dirt bike.

Once you get to the end of the map, just head south and follow the power line road and it gets back there. There was some more trails leading up to the hills and such, but I wasn't brave enough to check it out with just one vehicle lol...

Old 05-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #2
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Name: Curt
SteelRain's Tacoma Gallery
As far as I know, that's not state trust land thus requiring you to have the state trust land recreational use permit. Looks like a good spot. However, you may want to arm yourself out there. The surrounding hills are scattered with look-out-points for drug runners. That whole area is dope-runner central, so BE CAREFUL. The runners are well armed with assault style weapons now and are getting a little more bold with protecting their loads.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:38 AM   #3
fjskippy is on a distinguished road
fjskippy's Tacoma Gallery
this is true. I just worked in gila bend last night and in 2 weeks my squad has over 1000 pounds of marijuana and about 30 or so undcumented aliens. so be careful dont go to far out there alone and most defentialy arm your self..........

But some good looken trails. I will have to check them out with you if you dont mind a FJC with you
Old 05-29-2009, 02:18 AM   #4
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinal1223 View Post
As far as I know, that's not state trust land thus requiring you to have the state trust land recreational use permit. Looks like a good spot. However, you may want to arm yourself out there. The surrounding hills are scattered with look-out-points for drug runners. That whole area is dope-runner central, so BE CAREFUL. The runners are well armed with assault style weapons now and are getting a little more bold with protecting their loads.
Damn, good info. I didn't go to far out and when I came across a private fence I stuck on the open side of course. There was a ton of shells lying around the area, but again there was also a sign with rules for hunting (not that you could read it as it was shot to hell).

One of these days I'll need to go through the training and practice with a firearm... never actually fired off a 'real' one. When I was out there there wasn't a soul in sight, kept a decent eye out constantly for that figuring there probably could be some activity. Though, I also presume most of it runs at night (and of course my blacked out truck is probably a perfect catch for someone trying to find runners lol... smooth). I deff don't mind FJC's out with me either though