R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

How about it Arizona!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-08-2009, 11:15 PM   #1
macbass is on a distinguished road
macbass's Tacoma Gallery
How about it Arizona!!!!!!!!!!

Alright gentlemen and ladies. I am not really new to the site just haven't posted too much. My number one passion is fishing flowing waters in search of big large mouth, shoal bass (native to georgia), and small mouth. I primarily fish out of a sit on top kayak or 12 ft canoe. But I am still trying to figure out the lay of the land. I am located at the Grand Canyon National Park employed by the NPS. I have a 4x4 tacoma but everything is stock in it. From the research I have done most of the access roads are calling for high clearance vehicles so I am assuming I will have to get my taco lifted at a later date. I have been researching the verde river and the black river over on some sort of reservation. The black river research I have done pretty much says stay off the roads unless you have 4x4 and high clearance then stay off in bad weather condtions. Maybe someone here could give me some insight or meet up with me somewhere if you enjoy fishing the way I do. Looks to me like the flowing water fishing will be hard to come by though. So I may just have to get into wheelin (if that is what its called). No offense just don't know much about it. Seems like fun though. Anyhow send me a pm or just reply here. In the mean time here is some eye candy for ya.

This pic is of my last fishing trip in Georgia with my brother.

And here are some pics to show you just how much I love fishing for black bass.

5-7lg mth caught in the ochlocknee river.

4-15 lg mth caught in the ocmulgee river in georgia

7-0 lg mth caught in the ocmulgee river in georgia

4-6 small mouth caught in the broad river south carolina

And finally a picture of a shoal bass that is the pride of Georgia rivers. This fish is only found in the apalachicola river drainage system, chattahoochee river, flint river, and ocmulgee river. This is a 5-3 shoal bass caught out of the ocmulgee river. A lot of people mistake this fish for a small mouth but believe me its not.

What do you say guys, do you mind showing a good ol' georgia boy the ropes of Arizona? I am looking forward to it if there are any takers.
MacBass
Old 06-09-2009, 06:55 AM   #2
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pics!!

Arizona has water?
Old 06-09-2009, 01:08 PM   #4
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
When monsoon hits and it washes all the bridges out, yes AZ has water Otherwise, nothing really like that.

I've been running around with my PreRunner (TRD Off-Road with rear e-locker) and doing pretty good, only had trouble a couple of times which is more to my inexperience than the trucks fault. At the stock height I've done quiet a bit, the only real issue I've had thus far is the mudflaps (which I'd recommend pulling if you're on trails). I wouldn't mind more clearence for peace of mind more than anything, but honestly I haven't found it necessarey for the FR roads yet. The biggest thing though, is always try to have another truck with you for recovery if one get stuck...
Old 06-09-2009, 06:07 PM   #5
macbass's Tacoma Gallery
Hey oakley I don't mind driving to fish at all. I know its suppose to be like 6.5 hrs for me to get there and all. Are you going to fish or just to camp and hike? I am not sure what you are going for but if it was to fish and you didn't already have company or what not I wouldn't mind meeting you. But that would be up to you man. I know I will get down that way sooner or later......That is if I survive my first helicopter flight tomorrow down into the canyon........send me a pm if you don't like discussing this on a public forum.....

MacBass
Old 06-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #6
macbass's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds good oakley. Let me know when.

Thanks
T-Bo
Old 06-09-2009, 09:05 PM   #9
macbass's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Packer.

fishing around flagstaff and page. I am assuming you are talking about ponds or lakes. I havn't found anything of use dealing with flowing waters and black bass species. I guess I am going to have to get into the trout fishing being way up here in the northern part of the state. I don't know anything about throwing the ol' buggy whip....
Old 06-10-2009, 02:29 PM   #10
Sarge2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSarge2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSarge2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSarge2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSarge2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSarge2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSarge2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSarge2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSarge2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSarge2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSarge2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Ssgt 0369, 8511 3/2 Camp Lejune
Sarge2's Tacoma Gallery
heck, we go all the time durring the week. just hit us up on PM when anyone wants to go fishing