1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Knock in steering wheel?

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by macbass, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Jun 9, 2009 at 9:12 PM
    macbass

macbass [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport 4x4
    I was wondering if any of you guys had the same problem I have with my Taco. I know what the problem is. I have removed the round plastic cover under the dash mounted to the firewall I guess and investigated the knock I hear on rough roads. I have back home in Ga. Taken it to the dealer and they have replaced the what I call union. With a brand new union with those special one time use bolts. But from what my buddy tells me it is just a flaw in the design and there is no safety concerns. They actually replaced it and the knock went away but sure enough not a month later it was doing the same thing. If there is anyone else out there that may have gotten this issue resolved would you mind sharing. It is very annoying and I find myself taking it real easy on rocky roads with pot holes and that sort of thing. But dude I have a toyota tacoma it shouldn't be doing this. But if toyota isn't going to fix it then why worry about going thru the trouble if a month later I will be in the same boat? I can literally grab the steering column under the dash......feel, see, and hear the knock.

And we all know how rough the roads are here in AZ.

2. Jun 10, 2009 at 1:06 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature

Products Discussed in

To Top