R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Made In The Shade - Beer Festival

Old 06-11-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
ShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bryan
ShtrMcGavin's Tacoma Gallery
Made In The Shade - Beer Festival

Made In The Shade Beer Festival!!
June 20th, Coconino County Fairgrounds 1-5pm
http://azbeer.com/flagstaff.htm

I just bought my ticket for this and am going to get away from Phoenix for the weekend with the girlfriend and enjoy some Pine trees and day drinking but I was curious to see if anyone else is planning on going.
Its $40 a ticket online and that includes a 4oz souvineer beer beer mug and 24 tickets (each ticket is good for one sample fill up of your mug) and there are 50 breweries that will be attending.

The one in Tempe a few months ago was a lot of fun but I think this one will probs be a little better esp since its supposed to be 70 in Flagstaff that day.

Im plannin on driving up the morning of the 20th going to the hotel. I picked the Ramada West Grand Canyon it was $79/night on Expedia.com which is a little more than I wanted to spend but its only 2 miles from the festival and I figured if I stayed at a cheaper hotel I'd spend more on cabs and end up spending the same amount anyway.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:43 PM   #2
Uncharted is on a distinguished road

Uncharted's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I could make this. I'm going up the weekend after otherwise I'd be all over it. Oak Creek Brewery in Sedona has some AWESOME beer.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
ShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncharted View Post
Wish I could make this. I'm going up the weekend after otherwise I'd be all over it. Oak Creek Brewery in Sedona has some AWESOME beer.
Huh I've never tried their beer.... There are a lot of good breweries in Arizona I was really surprised when I first moved out here about 5 years ago
Old 06-12-2009, 01:02 PM   #4

It's a smaller brewery but the beer is good. It's the only place I'll drink at when I go to Sedona. Yeah there are some pretty good breweries in Phoenix but four peaks is by far my favorite. Where did you move from?
Old 06-12-2009, 01:13 PM   #5

Quote:
It's a smaller brewery but the beer is good. It's the only place I'll drink at when I go to Sedona. Yeah there are some pretty good breweries in Phoenix but four peaks is by far my favorite. Where did you move from?
Agreed Four Peaks is the best and the most fun to go to.... I moved from Connecticut where there are only a couple real small microbreweries and nothing like a beer festival although "Brewtopia" is in NYC every year which is only about an hour train ride away but I was only 20 when I moved away so Ive never been to it http://www.brewtopiafest.com/
Old 06-12-2009, 01:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtrMcGavin View Post
Agreed Four Peaks is the best and the most fun to go to.... I moved from Connecticut where there are only a couple real small microbreweries and nothing like a beer festival although "Brewtopia" is in NYC every year which is only about an hour train ride away but I was only 20 when I moved away so Ive never been to it http://www.brewtopiafest.com/
That looks pretty crazy. For New Years my gf and I went to Colorado. We went to the Coors, Anheuser Busch, Fat Tire, and a couple other breweries it was nuts to see beer being made on such a large scale. Hopefully sooner then later I can make it to Octoberfest!
Old 06-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #7

Quote:
That looks pretty crazy. For New Years my gf and I went to Colorado. We went to the Coors, Anheuser Busch, Fat Tire, and a couple other breweries it was nuts to see beer being made on such a large scale. Hopefully sooner then later I can make it to Octoberfest!
At some point in my life I def. want to make it to Octoberfest... Im even toying with the idea of going to the great American beer festival in Denver its in Sept and already half sold out but flights are pricey so I dont see that happening
Old 06-15-2009, 09:29 AM   #8

Bump... Really no one else is going? I would have thought there would at least be a few people that live in Flagstaff and are going
Old 06-20-2009, 07:27 PM   #9
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtrMcGavin View Post
Bump... Really no one else is going? I would have thought there would at least be a few people that live in Flagstaff and are going

I would liked to have gone, had I known about this earlier. I guess I should pay more attention.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:14 PM   #10

The Beer Festival was a lot of fun and a great way to spend a day.... Sunday however turned out to be just as good we went out to Sunset Crater and that whole state park area and there were a bunch of offroad vehicle trails nothing that was too crazy but this was the first time I have gotten to take my truck off the pavement so I had a good time.
Attached Thumbnails
Made In The Shade - Beer Festival-taco1.jpg   Made In The Shade - Beer Festival-taco2.jpg   Made In The Shade - Beer Festival-taco3.jpg   Made In The Shade - Beer Festival-taco4.jpg   Made In The Shade - Beer Festival-taco5.jpg  

Made In The Shade - Beer Festival-taco6.jpg   Made In The Shade - Beer Festival-taco7.jpg  
Old 06-22-2009, 03:20 PM   #11
Mommy says I'm special
Camppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud of

Marines: SSgt, I MEF CE
Name: Erik
Camppentaco's Tacoma Gallery
"Persons who appear to be intoxicated will be assisted out of the festival."

That's why I couldn't go..
Old 06-22-2009, 03:22 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camppentaco View Post
"Persons who appear to be intoxicated will be assisted out of the festival."

That's why I couldn't go..
Haha Lies I got tanked my gf is a lightweight so I got half her drink tickets too most all the breweries there couldnt care less and were just laughing at everyone getting drunk