R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

The next AZ meet!!!

Old 06-30-2009, 01:10 PM   #42
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtrMcGavin View Post
Here is Chris4x4's spot:
gps: 33.854621, -112.254799

Its where the "B" is

Zoomed in:

Zoomed out:
Actually, The spot I was thinking of is down and to the right. The beach area. If we get there early, it should be good for everyone.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #43
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
This could be a good spot too. I think there are gazebos to hide from the sun. Im gonna check that area out this Saturday.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #44

Quote:
Plus there is alot more to do at Butcher Jones
Like I said, Everyone already said Lake pleasant. Do you want to put it to a vote again?
Old 06-30-2009, 01:14 PM   #45
ShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bryan
ShtrMcGavin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Actually, The spot I was thinking of is down and to the right. The beach area. If we get there early, it should be good for everyone.
Damn I got the wrong spot from your map/directions you pm'd i thought this was it
Old 06-30-2009, 01:16 PM   #46

Quote:
Damn I got the wrong spot from your map/directions you pm'd i thought this was it
Thats the Boat ramp. Just about an inch to the right, and 1/2 " down.....
Old 06-30-2009, 01:17 PM   #47
ShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Thats the Boat ramp. Just about an inch to the right, and 1/2 " down.....
Damn so close!
Old 06-30-2009, 01:21 PM   #48

Quote:
Well dont get me wrong Im all for meet and greets but would i be wrong in my thinking that people would rather go somewhere that is a little quieter and where there are auctually things to do like for instance

1) Wheel
2) Swim

I mean Lake Pleasant is all good and fine but at the Butcher Jones link I posted there is a 12 Ft cliff dive and some wheeling right there at the cove.
I dont really care which one we choose but the sport at Pleasant he picked has a sandy beach to swim and room to bbq and stuff like that....
They are both good spots just for different types of meets
Old 06-30-2009, 01:21 PM   #49

Quote:
Well dont get me wrong Im all for meet and greets but would i be wrong in my thinking that people would rather go somewhere that is a little quieter and where there are auctually things to do like for instance

1) Wheel
2) Swim

I mean Lake Pleasant is all good and fine but at the Butcher Jones link I posted there is a 12 Ft cliff dive and some wheeling right there at the cove.
I hear what your sayin, Buddy, But for one, the water at Lake Pleasant is MUCH cleaner than the crap swamp water in Saguaro. I was also thinking about the folks who have street trucks. Something they can get to if they want to stay on the black top. And Lake Pleasant has some scenic trails for the off road guys too. Like I mentioned...We can put it to another vote if you like.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:22 PM   #50

Quote:
I dont really care which one we choose but the sport at Pleasant he picked has a sandy beach to swim and room to bbq and stuff like that....
They are both good spots just for different types of meets
Also, FWIW, the Members Only Marina, is now open to the public for $5.00 a day. Nice resturant, bar, etc.....Oh....and chicks in Bikinis!
Old 06-30-2009, 01:26 PM   #51

Quote:
Also, FWIW, the Members Only Marina, is now open to the public for $5.00 a day. Nice resturant, bar, etc.....Oh....and chicks in Bikinis!
Thats a nice bonus but you two just need to figure out what type of meet you want bbq'in and relaxing on a beach or jumping off rocks and 4 wheelin..

Maybe you two could compromise to do one spot this time and the other spot a month later
Old 06-30-2009, 01:30 PM   #53
06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of06Bluez has much to be proud of

06Bluez's Tacoma Gallery
I want lake pleasent but that particular spot is pretty crappy! Only old people hang out around that area and load their boats. The chicks are on the other end. On the west side of the lake are way better areas with wheeling and cliff jumping.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:40 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Bluez View Post
I want lake pleasent but that particular spot is pretty crappy! Only old people hang out around that area and load their boats. The chicks are on the other end. On the west side of the lake are way better areas with wheeling and cliff jumping.
Good point. Lets make it the area Oakley listed in his post then? The spot on the east side? I'll launch my boat at the Marina, and I can meet every one over there.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #55

This is the spot Oakley picked. Is on the east side of Lake Pleasant.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=h&...,0.010289&z=17
Old 06-30-2009, 01:49 PM   #56
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Works for me. i'm good for where ever. I've never been to LP so i dont really have any input on what is best.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #57

Main thing is we need to get a larger attendance out there.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #58

Quote:
Maybe this will be inagural AZ Tacomas meet and greet

Im working on getting us some pretty sweet stickers too
That would be NICE! I would like to see 20 or more AZ trucks out there!
Old 06-30-2009, 01:57 PM   #59
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Maybe this will be inagural AZ Tacomas meet and greet

Im working on getting us some pretty sweet stickers too

example of said sticker.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:00 PM   #60
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That would be NICE! I would like to see 20 or more AZ trucks out there!
As soon as we figure out the date and the place I'll start asking people.