R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Brianr's "I was bored" trip (pics)

Old 08-11-2009, 09:45 PM   #22
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Nice pics man, love that lone shot with the fogs on. Did you put HID's in there, the pic almost looks HDR in with the lights on in really bright white, looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
I'm grumpy with the quaility of the photos after the upload into photobucket. The photos are crystal clear and huge on my computer, looking at them in the post they look like crap.

I guess I need to create my own website, so I can dictate the level of quality.
One way to bypass that is to resize the images before you upload. You can download a free image editing program called Gimp. Assuming you're on windows: http://www.gimp.org/windows/

Once you open the image, under one of the top menu's there's a resize option, use the one that says (Best) and then just select the size you want. Save it as a *.png filetype, and it should come out nice and clean If you want I can take some screenshots, I just haven't installed gimp yet since moving my main system over to windows 7 (downloading it now though lol).

Also, feel free to create an account and use my site... I have a metric ton of bandwidth and space to use up. http://auniverse.net/gallery/
Just use "add album" on the left, use your user name and upload to your hearts content. I rarely manually resize images, for posting in here I just use the one it creates on it's own which is usually decent. For example:

Full size: http://auniverse.net/gallery/v/kyout...geViewsIndex=1

My camera does suck though...