R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Arizona Camping

Old 08-12-2009, 02:21 PM   #21
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Off-topic, but I was curious if aztacomas.com is gunna be more than a redirect to tw or....
So far the plan is for it to have different info like trails to hit up, a calander of meets, picture galleries, Local shops to go to, Write ups. Different things like that. But it is not going to be a forum. That part is going to be redirected to the AZ section of TW. Right now we are in the planing stages of the Site/Club.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:44 PM   #22
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Ah, very nice. If there's anything I can do to help out let me know. I have plenty of webspace and stuff too should you be in need.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:42 PM   #23
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtrMcGavin View Post
Naa I camped at the bottom near the water... We were like 100 feet from the water we just had to walk down a little hill, I just meant after hiking around the next day we found some good spots right on the water
Ok, it looked like from one of your posts that you got the truck to near the water - which from what I've seen of that place, it's not possible. Got to do some hiking to get down there.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:02 PM   #24
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
sweet images!!!

I'm headed to Payson next week. I guess I'm gonna have to hit up the springs.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:25 PM   #25
chestnut35 is a glorious beacon of lightchestnut35 is a glorious beacon of lightchestnut35 is a glorious beacon of lightchestnut35 is a glorious beacon of lightchestnut35 is a glorious beacon of light
chestnut35's Tacoma Gallery
Love to camp. Go to munds park every so often and hit some trails. I always hear people talk about fossil springs but never have been there. After seeing those pics I think I'm gonna try to take a trip up there
Old 08-12-2009, 05:53 PM   #27
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #28
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-12-2009, 09:46 PM   #29
Danzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Danzer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
Me too? I plan on going up towards that way sometime this fall. TIA

Ditto
Old 08-12-2009, 09:51 PM   #30
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Is fossil springs also known as fossil creek? Or are they just next to each other? I hiked fossil creek a couple years ago.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:54 PM   #31
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Oh I gotcha. The only time I've been there is just when I hiked Fossil Creek, so I wasn't sure.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:07 AM   #32
Gunga will become famous soon enoughGunga will become famous soon enough
Gunga's Tacoma Gallery
You can get there from I-17 too by going thru Camp Verde on Hwy 260. It's a prettier drive that way.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:03 AM   #33
ShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bryan
ShtrMcGavin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
Me too? I plan on going up towards that way sometime this fall. TIA
No Problem... Ill just post them here though in case anyone else is curious:

You take the 87/Beeline Hwy pretty much the whole way so if you are coming from tempe, chandler or phoenix the easiest way is probably to take the 202 East to Country Club, get off and go left country club turns into 87, you will be on the 87 for about 80 miles so you will go through Payson and stay on the 87 about 12 miles later you will hit Stawberry which is a tiny little town and there is a part where the road dips down and makes a big right but this is the spot where you need to go left onto Fossil Creek Road. You follow Fossil creek road until it ends, then it turns into a dirt road, you will pass some bed and breakfast places on the left, keep going down this main dirt road and you will eventually get to a point where you are winding right along the side of the mountain where you have to be a little cautious because some people on quads came hauling ass up when I was going down and I almost hit one. Anyway you take this all the way down into the canyon kinda area and once at the bottom everything is much greener and you will see cars parked to the right where lots of people camp and this is also where the trailhead is to get to the main waterfall (like a 40 minute hike) there are also lots of spots off to the sides of this trail to camp.
If you keep going down the road you will see a parking lot with a trail head, large map and porta-potty's after that there are several little turn off spots you can pull you truck into and camp next to it or you can get a little adventurous and hike around to find someplace off the beaten path.
If you go far enough down this road you it will turn into the Coconino national forest and you will go over a small bridge, off to the left of this bridge is a pretty decent rope swing and an awesome spot to camp to the right side of the bridge but there were already people there when we got there.. We really didnt go much farther than the bridge though because it seemed like we were getting farther from the water.

Anyway wherever you decide to camp you will have a good time but just spend a little time wandering around to find a good spot now next to shitty neighbors and you will have a great time. Also bring lots of waater and your own firewood because although there are lots of premade fire pits your not supposed to cut down trees there.
Enjoy!
Old 08-13-2009, 11:06 AM   #34
ShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunga View Post
You can get there from I-17 too by going thru Camp Verde on Hwy 260. It's a prettier drive that way.
True from Glendale this way would be faster, it would just be the 17-N to the 260 toward Payson which kinda veers right and turns into the 87 and once you hit Strawberry it would be a right into Fossil Creek Road
Old 08-13-2009, 11:50 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Thanks Mr. McGavin.
No Problem
Old 08-13-2009, 11:51 AM   #37
Danzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Danzer's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info and advice.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #38
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
theres a few gnarly 4x4 trails in that area
Sweet. I might have to hit that up sometime.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:29 PM   #39
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
i mean like SAS only/ hardcore rock buggy trails. theres no way we would make it up, if seen videos of built trucks breaking on one obstacle up there.

im sure theres some mellower stuff but the pictures ive seen are nuts
Never mind then haha. I'm sure there is some mellower stuff around there.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:44 AM   #40
~THE LIGHT GUY~
TBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTBK224 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
TBK224's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtrMcGavin View Post
Sent! Enjoy!
Can I get those directions too? I would like to go up there and check it out.