R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Arizona Camping

Old 04-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #82
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah sounds good. I have never gone out and explored the black river. I know the rim well thats why i tend to go that way.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #83
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jason
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtank View Post
Yeah sounds good. I have never gone out and explored the black river. I know the rim well thats why i tend to go that way.

I know the rim well as well, but there tends to be more people there than I like. With the east and west forks of the Black, they get some pressure (fishing) and lots of people camp there but no where near the amount of idiots from Phx that the rim area tends to get.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #84
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
I know the rim well as well, but there tends to be more people there than I like. With the east and west forks of the Black, they get some pressure (fishing) and lots of people camp there but no where near the amount of idiots from Phx that the rim area tends to get.
Yeah thats why head all the way back near knoll lake. But im game for checking out the black river. I just read the fishing regs on it. Seems pretty cool.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #85
TacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
TacoBurrito07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah thats why head all the way back near knoll lake. But im game for checking out the black river. I just read the fishing regs on it. Seems pretty cool.
The black river is legit. I don't know if it's fishing has fully recovered from the fire though. Went there a few years back and we would put 30 smallies out of one hole.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #86
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jason
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBurrito07 View Post
The black river is legit. I don't know if it's fishing has fully recovered from the fire though. Went there a few years back and we would put 30 smallies out of one hole.

You are talking about the main stem of the Black and quite a bit farther south. No the main stem of the Black has not even begun to recover. The east and the west forks still contain some wild browns as well as stocker bow's, but I'm not sure if they have started stocking yet.

Andrew if you are interested in fishing we could also hit Silver Creek. Now it's open to bait fishing and catch & release regs are lifted until October.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #87
whys the rum gone

Silver creek is litterally less than a block from my house. I walk there to fish. It just opened april first.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:20 PM   #88
I need to go return some videotapes...
Seabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeabass is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Seabass's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anyone interested in going camping anytime between april 21st-28th. Up on the rim back near knoll lake or bear canyon or both?
Would love to but it's still a bit early. Got alot going on this month. There was still ice on the lakes last week, but that should be melting down pretty good and the holdover trout should be hitting. Good chance to get some big browns before they tourists come pluck them out with their bobbers.

Probably looking at getting back out there in May and then probably again in July when the crawdads are out (I have a handful of good traps and that time of year you can catch them by the hundreds and have a huge crawdad boil)

Knoll Lake is still my favorite because there are some places back there that get away from the campsites and you don't have anyone else to contend with. Camping is great, and you walk 200' downhill to the lake and fish. Room for about a dozen trucks and tents, but high clearance recommended.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #89
whys the rum gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
Would love to but it's still a bit early. Got alot going on this month. There was still ice on the lakes last week, but that should be melting down pretty good and the holdover trout should be hitting. Good chance to get some big browns before they tourists come pluck them out with their bobbers.

Probably looking at getting back out there in May and then probably again in July when the crawdads are out (I have a handful of good traps and that time of year you can catch them by the hundreds and have a huge crawdad boil)

Knoll Lake is still my favorite because there are some places back there that get away from the campsites and you don't have anyone else to contend with. Camping is great, and you walk 200' downhill to the lake and fish. Room for about a dozen trucks and tents, but high clearance recommended.
Yeah its been pretty warm up here the last couple days. Let me know when you head up there. Its a really short drive for me to get there and im usually down to get outta town and go play in the woods.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #90
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Snowtank and Infra have hijacked this tread.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:34 PM   #91
whys the rum gone

No we are just bringing it back to life cause its the season and we are pumped!
Old 04-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #93
whys the rum gone

Ok no big deal. Im still going to head out. I will prob just do the rim then so i know the area. But if anyone wants to get out of town and the heat. Let me know. Im free all those dates.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #94
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I would, but I work all week, and I am going camping the last weekend of this month up on Pinal Mountain.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #96
TacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBurrito07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmmccoy007 View Post
Snowtank and Infra have hijacked this tread.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #97
whys the rum gone

No just seeing who wants to go camping in the az camping thread. Haha
Old 04-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #99
whys the rum gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
Andrew I'm off May 4th - 16th if you want to try and get out during that time. Although we are doing the Dragoon's camping trip the 4th and 5th.
Yeah i can do something. I will check my schedule. And we can hash something out on the trip
Old 04-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post

I've gone to that exact spot 3 times and over the summer there were 3 other groups camping around us. One group had 2 rav4s so it's not extremely difficult to get in there but when there is no one there it is absolutely awesome!

The first time I went was durin the week so my buddy and I were the only ones and the fish were nailing our flies. Later in the summer though the action really cools off (no pun intended)