R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Arizona Camping

Old 08-05-2009, 10:45 PM   #1
ShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bryan
ShtrMcGavin's Tacoma Gallery
Arizona Camping

Anyone here into camping? I used to go a lot when I was younger and back on the east coast where im from but in the last 4 years I have only gone once so I decided to grab the g/f and went to fossil springs last weekend...
It was awesome with a high of about 85 and a low of 68 at night and a waterfall and some other things to hike around and see.
Im not sure how many of you have been to this place so I will get some pictures up tomorrow. It was also a good place to put the truck in 4wd and drive through some areas that were a little questionable.

Anyway I was just curious who else on here goes camping in AZ and where do you like to go?
Old 08-06-2009, 12:03 AM   #2
^^^^ 3%er ^^^^
Packman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPackman73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Packman73's Tacoma Gallery
I used to go all the time but have not been in a while except for hunting trips. Will likely do some more when my son gets a bit older.
I like to go on or near the Rim, preferably near water.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:06 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I enjoy camping, but the Wife doesnt. Fossil Springs is a nice place! I havent been there in YEARS..Cant wait to see the pics.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:43 AM   #4
Uncharted is on a distinguished road

Uncharted's Tacoma Gallery
When I lived in Sedona we use to go camping a lot. I think we went to those little pull off spots in Oak Creek Canyon(if that's considering camping) twice . But we typically went up by up on Mingus Mountain or out in the woods by Williams.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:54 AM   #5
ShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to behold

Here are some pictures..... enjoy

Old 08-07-2009, 06:00 PM   #8
Danzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Danzer's Tacoma Gallery
Great pics. My buddies and I were thinking of camping near Crown King later this year but your pics just changed my mind. We are going to that spot instead much better scenery.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:08 PM   #9
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
great pics thanks
Old 08-12-2009, 11:55 AM   #10

Im glad everyone liked the pics, the place was beautiful and a good 15 degrees cooler than phoenix and I cant wait to go back.
My only word of warning would be to choose your camping spot wisely, we found what seemed like a great spot where I drove a little off the beaten path but was able to park right next to the spot and someone else had already built a firepit there so that saved the time of having to build one but at about 10pm when things were winging down and I had given up on looking for firewood (bring your own) about 20 people poured out of a couple trucks and decided to camp right next to us and played music and had their dog barking for most of the night.... I almost lost my mind and when I went over a yelled at them there was a bit of a language barrier so only 1 person in the group understood me and she didnt seem to care.....

But after a lot of hiking around the next day we noticed that we were the only ones with neighbors like ours most other people were there to camp and relax not party and piss everyone else off... we also found countless spots that would have been better and right on the water where no one else can really camp in the same spot, but if not for our noisy neighbors our spot would have even been great.
My advise would just be to get there early and wander around a bit to scout out a good spot but the place gets busy so keep that in mind if you are planning on camping in one of the big open areas you may have company.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:03 PM   #11
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
nice pics, looks like a nice spot to go camping. I haven't been camping in years but I think it'd be fun to do again. Also, solid advice about scouting out, and I'd have been extremely pissed if that happened to me o.0
Old 08-12-2009, 12:07 PM   #12
Banned
ruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
pics are real nice, where in AZ is this near ? I would love to go camping here

Been camping only once in AZ, it was around 4th of July camped out near peach springs AZ, the temp was pretty mild about 80 degrees
Old 08-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruler View Post
pics are real nice, where in AZ is this near ? I would love to go camping here

Been camping only once in AZ, it was around 4th of July camped out near peach springs AZ, the temp was pretty mild about 80 degrees
Its just a little north of Payson off the 87... The turnoff to fossil creek road is in Strawberry
Old 08-12-2009, 12:20 PM   #14
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-12-2009, 12:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
i think im heading up there on saturday
Its an awesome place. Just bring lots of water and your own firewood to make your life way easier and try to get there kinda early cause its a popular place
Old 08-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #16
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
I went there a few months ago, it's beautiful. So you camped at the top? How about camping down near the water?
Old 08-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
i think were going up there for a day trip hit the rope swing and the bigger pools, wanna PM me some directions if you remember???
Sent! Enjoy!
Old 08-12-2009, 02:02 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by petersharp View Post
I went there a few months ago, it's beautiful. So you camped at the top? How about camping down near the water?
Naa I camped at the bottom near the water... We were like 100 feet from the water we just had to walk down a little hill, I just meant after hiking around the next day we found some good spots right on the water
Old 08-12-2009, 02:05 PM   #19
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Off-topic, but I was curious if aztacomas.com is gunna be more than a redirect to tw or....
Old 08-12-2009, 03:17 PM   #20

I think the plan is to have it be its own site