R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Attn: Metro Phoenix peeps...

Old 08-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #1
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Attn: Metro Phoenix peeps...

Discount Tire on University and Lindsay in Mesa does THE BEST job at ballancing tires on our trucks I have found. They also do Road force ballancing. If you ever decide to go there, call and talk to Stan.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:30 PM   #3
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
prerunner or GTFO.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:58 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
prerunner or GTFO.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:18 PM   #5
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
i dont follow?

LMAO.

its okay, 4x4 and prerunners CAN live in harmony.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:21 PM   #6
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
LMAO.

its okay, 4x4 and prerunners CAN live in harmony.
Yea, when us pre-runners get stuck in a puddle we can get pulled out by the real trucks :P

masochism I know but hey
Old 08-12-2009, 08:25 PM   #7
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Yea, when us pre-runners get stuck in a puddle we can get pulled out by the real trucks :P

masochism I know but hey

fuck getting stuck, shoulda dropped it into 1st gear and kept the RPM's up and put some foot into the sum'bitch.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:52 PM   #8
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
fuck getting stuck, shoulda dropped it into 1st gear and kept the RPM's up and put some foot into the sum'bitch.
That only works if you have traction to start with, lol. And oakley, that's exactly what I was referring to
Old 08-12-2009, 08:59 PM   #9
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
like I said, if you are on a trail even the slight possible that there might a low traction area coming up, drop that shit in 1st, keep the rpm's up and plow through that shit.

afterall, who stops their truck on a muddy trail?
Gotta keep that shit rolling...slip sliding or not.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:02 PM   #10
Iron Beard

Quote:
like I said, if you are on a trail even the slight possible that there might a low traction area coming up, drop that shit in 1st, keep the rpm's up and plow through that shit.

afterall, who stops their truck on a muddy trail?
Gotta keep that shit rolling...slip sliding or not.
Yea well, the reason I slowed down was because I was heading straight for a rock that my stock height wouldn't have cleared at all... I'd rather take the risk of getting pulled out than screwing up the front end on truck with then 15k on the odo... lol. Seemed like a fair trade off to me... If oakley wasn't there with 4wd recovery I'd have tempted fate harder...

Also, never aired down for the run, didn't really need to except for right there lol...
Old 08-12-2009, 09:03 PM   #11
Iron Beard

Quote:
haha yea, good night. Johnecon and I did the trail again about a month ago (telegraph line road is and will forever be closed ) ran the whole thing in 2WD in just over an hour. The river is completely dry now
Seriously? Man... at this rate all of the AZ off-roaders are gunna be mall crawlers quick.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #12
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thick, wet sand is not a Prerunners friend
River bed?

I had my truck in the river bed near Kearney, and almost stuck myself in sand, but I kept my foot in it and managed to plow myself through.

I want to go hit up some wet trails.

I hate dust, so you wont see me wheeling on a dry day. I wheel after a rain, or two.

Quote:
Yea well, the reason I slowed down was because I was heading straight for a rock that my stock height wouldn't have cleared at all... I'd rather take the risk of getting pulled out than screwing up the front end on truck with then 15k on the odo... lol. Seemed like a fair trade off to me... If oakley wasn't there with 4wd recovery I'd have tempted fate harder...
rocks suck ass. that presents and interesting conundrum.

based on the info you've given I would most likely be in your shoes, and stuck.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:08 PM   #13
Iron Beard

Yea, there was a much better line but, I didn't see it when I approached and... first night run (and first time out in this area ever) I've done and shadows tend to make the terrain look a bit more exaggerated than it really is. If I went through again I doubt it'd have been a problem
Old 08-12-2009, 09:10 PM   #14
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea, there was a much better line but, I didn't see it when I approached and... first night run (and first time out in this area ever) I've done and shadows tend to make the terrain look a bit more exaggerated than it really is. If I went through again I doubt it'd have been a problem

what trail is this you speak of?

After we get some monsoon rain, I'm gonna head out and hit up some trails during the week.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:13 PM   #15
Iron Beard

Oakley has a real map that shows it, honestly I can't pick it out well enough on google but, the general location:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=3...72255&t=h&z=12
Old 08-12-2009, 09:16 PM   #16
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oakley has a real map that shows it, honestly I can't pick it out well enough on google but, the general location:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=3...72255&t=h&z=12

oh, New River east.

I'm thinking about having a campout in the White Mountains near Greer or Heber. There are some gnarly forest trails up there, that are night a day or two after a good rain.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:18 PM   #17

Quote:
oh, New River east.

I'm thinking about having a campout in the White Mountains near Greer or Heber. There are some gnarly forest trails up there, that are night a day or two after a good rain.
I'd be up for that. I can bring the 6x or the M-37....
Old 08-12-2009, 09:19 PM   #18
go shit in your hat
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
no joke, there were a few closures around florence recently too

New River Canyon

Let me know when you wanna go, ive done it 5 times

Its just a fun mellow trail but it gets nasty when wet, ask Matt or Derek
I'd be down, but I wont do it if its gonna be dusty. Also, remember I can't do weekends.

FUCK dust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I'd be up for that. I can bring the 6x or the M-37....

we need to fix that motor, then hell yeah lets do it bro!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:21 PM   #19
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:22 PM   #20

Quote:
we need to fix that motor, then hell yeah lets do it bro!
I have a new engine in it. My Brother took it out and poked a hole in the fuel tank. Im gonna have someone fix it, as Im not gonna have the time with this new job.