Notices

Motor Mount Fix Option

Old 08-13-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
Get Routy
The Mega is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
The Mega's Tacoma Gallery
Motor Mount Fix Option

Hey guys im new to these threads so hopefully I dont screw things up. Anyway, I have a friend who does a ton of fab work and next week he is going to gusset and plate both frame rail motor mounts. I will post pics of his work as soon as it is finished. If anyone is interested in having this done he is doing both mounts for $200 even. I figured I would extend the offer since he wouldnt mind the work. This is the best price I could find after calling around and he does great work. If you're interested pm me. Like I said pics will be posted as soon as its done, just wanted to get the word out for anyone in the Phoenix area.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:04 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Whats the build date of your '06?
Old 08-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #3
Get Routy

I started my build last year, first mod was in November to be exact. Moding my truck became my new top hobby! Im new at this so I'll post a thread with some pics as soon as I figure out how to upload them.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:17 PM   #4
Get Routy

Actually, I'm getting ready to replace my spark plugs thanks to you. And I replace all my gear oil yesterday. Its funny because I read some of your posts about Mobil 1 so I took it back and got RP.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:17 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mega View Post
I started my build last year, first mod was in November to be exact. Moding my truck became my new top hobby! Im new at this so I'll post a thread with some pics as soon as I figure out how to upload them.
No no...What is the date your truck was manufactured?
Old 08-13-2009, 05:18 PM   #6
ShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bryan
ShtrMcGavin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think you misunderstood the question he was asking when was your actual truck built (by toyota not you)
Old 08-13-2009, 05:22 PM   #7
Get Routy

Yea I misunderstood the question. I do not know when exactly it was manufactured. How would I find out?
Old 08-13-2009, 05:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Yea I misunderstood the question. I do not know when exactly it was manufactured. How would I find out?
Should be printed on the door jamb.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Built in California in May of 2006.
Ah.....Thanks. So, your mounts are not gusseted? Mine has a build date of Dec. 2006, and the mounts are gusseted.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:35 PM   #11
Get Routy

Im having him plate the mount and run vertical gussest, so that they run down the mount and under the frame.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:35 PM   #12
ShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to behold

I have an 05 and this is a bit of a worry for me so def put up some pics and a review after you get it done
Old 08-13-2009, 05:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Im having him plate the mount and run vertical gussest, so that they run down the mount and under the frame.
Gottcha. Thats what mine look like.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:40 PM   #14
Get Routy

Yea I will as soon as I get it done, I dont mind spending some extra cash for the reassurance. Rather be safe than sorry you know. I read all the trouble people have to go through to get this fixed and I dont want to be in that position.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Yea I will as soon as I get it done, I dont mind spending some extra cash for the reassurance. Rather be safe than sorry you know. I read all the trouble people have to go through to get this fixed and I dont want to be in that position.
Same i spend $200 on way goofier things than preventative maintenance that could turn into a huge issue
Old 08-20-2009, 10:10 AM   #16

Did you end up getting this done?
Old 08-20-2009, 11:17 AM   #17
Get Routy

Not yet, im dropping my truck off tomorrow so pics should be posted by saturday. If I can figure out how to post them.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:22 AM   #18

Quote:
Not yet, im dropping my truck off tomorrow so pics should be posted by saturday. If I can figure out how to post them.
Sounds good... You can either attach them or use a service like photobucket.com thats free any you can just upload your pictures to it and paste the [IMG] links it gives you into the posts and the pics will pop up