Notices

trd supercharger

Old 08-25-2009, 10:49 AM   #1
kooc is on a distinguished road
Army: signal corp
Name: ken
kooc's Tacoma Gallery
trd supercharger

This is my first post. Really new at this. I'm considering a trd supercharger as I occationally pull a scamp trailer. Is it worth the expence? will it hurt my milage or increase it, would it be hard on the manual transmission? Where is one available?
Old 08-25-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kooc View Post
This is my first post. Really new at this. I'm considering a trd supercharger as I occationally pull a scamp trailer. Is it worth the expence? will it hurt my milage or increase it, would it be hard on the manual transmission? Where is one available?
The supercharger does have a lot of consiquences, both good and bad.

The best and obvious is the immense power boost.

Some of the bad is that you have to run premium gas, and it WILL hurt your mileage.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
Notty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud of

Army: 100% Disabled
Notty's Tacoma Gallery
As dgerm stated, it will hurt MPG, but will give significant boost in power. I would imagine it could add some wear to the clutch, but too sure. I am not a S/C expert by any means.

Try trdparts4u.com for a supercharger. http://www.trdparts4u.com/MC-BBG-CAGB.aspx

BTW, I see you are/were in the Signal Corps. You at Fort Huachuca by chance?
Old 08-25-2009, 05:51 PM   #4
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
It will bring your MPG down as it's a continous draw of power from the engine (as it's run via belt). However, wearing components out faster depends more on your driving style than anything. Getting a supercharger pretty much means you're gunna be abusing it (flooring it constantly ect) so yea, it's going to wear stuff down quicker. How much and how fast... I have no idea but I doubt much on these trucks. Your clutch would only wear out quicker if you shift improperly and under WOT shifts as it has to deal with more power.

Just a side note... with turbo's you can actually see a slight millage improvement with conservative driving
Old 08-26-2009, 02:52 PM   #5
kooc is on a distinguished road
Army: signal corp
Name: ken
kooc's Tacoma Gallery
kooc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notty View Post
As dgerm stated, it will hurt MPG, but will give significant boost in power. I would imagine it could add some wear to the clutch, but too sure. I am not a S/C expert by any means.

Try trdparts4u.com for a supercharger. http://www.trdparts4u.com/MC-BBG-CAGB.aspx

BTW, I see you are/were in the Signal Corps. You at Fort Huachuca by chance?
I was in the313th signal corp in France and Germany hdqrts was in Ft Huachuca at that time. Thanks for the info. Ken
Old 08-26-2009, 05:04 PM   #6
BOVADS is a splendid one to beholdBOVADS is a splendid one to beholdBOVADS is a splendid one to beholdBOVADS is a splendid one to beholdBOVADS is a splendid one to beholdBOVADS is a splendid one to beholdBOVADS is a splendid one to behold
BOVADS's Tacoma Gallery
Unless your a "tuner" i wouldnt recomend it, to get it to work right and not ping, you really need the 7th injector and urd controlers, ive installed and and tuned a couple for other people and for the money they really arent worth it. now... if you had a '05+ taco I highly recomend it, its intercooler and it makes a HUGE difference!! they are fun to drive on road and off. i uilt a LT truck for a guy that had one installed on his '08 and the thing is a HP monster!, im guessing 305-315hp. runs on premium and reg unleaded with no side effects. it runs really good on race gas after you've reset KAM. It pulls stock gears with 35's easily