R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Off Road Adventure @ Butcher Jones

Old 09-23-2009, 10:29 PM   #1
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
06RedComa's Tacoma Gallery
PICS of Off Road Adventure @ Butcher Jones

So me and some buddies decided to go for a spin up at butcher jones. We entered at the back of the parking lot and continued up the wash, my buddy has a lifted 2wd chevy with grapplers and did he ever get stuck. Dug himself a 3ft hole that we tried to dig him out of but wasnt working so i had to get the tow rope and pull him out. I was even impressed with my stock taco for pulling him out of the wash, surprised i got traction with my bridge-flops . After that we parked his truck and continued in mine for a while on trail 13, looking for the coves of saguaro lake but never found them. Anyone know how to get there? Oh and there were plenty of spots where it got nice a narrow leaving beat up side walls and a zillion pinstripes. Here are some pics if anyone is interested:
Going back on the wash...
[IMG][/IMG]
After i got him out...[IMG][/IMG]
The hole he got stuck in...
[IMG][/IMG]
Making a climb...
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Little snake we saw...
[IMG][/IMG]
Buddies (Not me) having a drink with 4 peaks in the background...
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-23-2009, 10:46 PM   #2
Banned
K5423 will become famous soon enoughK5423 will become famous soon enough
K5423's Tacoma Gallery
I ride my quad out at Saguaro lake alot.Never 4 wheeled my truck out there yet.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:51 PM   #3
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by K5423 View Post
I ride my quad out at Saguaro lake alot.Never 4 wheeled my truck out there yet.
I could defiantly see that area having some nice spots to quad as it was thin to win a lot going through passes
Old 09-24-2009, 01:42 AM   #5
Yotas For Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
we've taken a few TW trips out there, its a great spot to wheel since its friendly for most trucks and you can make it as easy or difficult as you want
Do you know anything about the coves or where they are located?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
great pics!
Thanks
Old 09-24-2009, 09:08 AM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnecon2001 View Post
Not a fan of drinking on the trail.. If you go with us in the future, you'll have to leave that shit at home.
X2. Not a good thing to do.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:29 AM   #8
Yotas For Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnecon2001 View Post
Not a fan of drinking on the trail.. If you go with us in the future, you'll have to leave that shit at home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
X2. Not a good thing to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
yes, we typically head down to the third cove and have lunch

x10000000000
To bad i wasn't drinking on the trail... easy there guys with jumping to conclusions
Old 09-24-2009, 10:29 AM   #9
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RedComa View Post
To bad i wasn't drinking on the trail... easy there guys with jumping to conclusions
Ah....Looked like your guys were drinking beer...
Old 09-24-2009, 10:34 AM   #10
Yotas For Life!

Oakley, you guys ever see armed mexicans just walking along with a crap load of guns and firing them off like crazy? We saw 2 groups of 3, first group looked like they had just crossed the border and the secound group had camo on.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:36 AM   #11
Yotas For Life!

Quote:
Ah....Looked like your guys were drinking beer...
No those were my friends, i was the photographer enjoying water
Old 09-24-2009, 10:36 AM   #12

Quote:
Oakley, you guys ever see armed mexicans just walking along with a crap load of guns and firing them off like crazy? We saw 2 groups of 3, first group looked like they had just crossed the border and the secound group had camo on.
Alot of people shoot in that area, but I have heard that Mexican Gangs are infiltrating the area. If something doesnt look right, you could call the Sherrifs office.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:43 AM   #13
Yotas For Life!

Quote:
Alot of people shoot in that area, but I have heard that Mexican Gangs are infiltrating the area. If something doesnt look right, you could call the Sherrifs office.
Yeah i dont know, they were firing a lot of rounds for hunting and the multiple guns didnt look right. The weird thing was, it was out in the furthest location and i never saw any of there vechicles. What do you think gangs would want out there?
Old 09-24-2009, 10:47 AM   #14
avidoffroad.com
McJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedMcJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
McJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
first group looked like they had just crossed the border and the secound group had camo on.
Sounds kind of racist.ha What do i care anyway..?
Old 09-24-2009, 10:52 AM   #15
Yotas For Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McJosh View Post
Sounds kind of racist.ha What do i care anyway..?
Just trying to give a description, never saw a hunter wearing baggy old faded clothing before
Old 09-24-2009, 11:11 AM   #16
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
The coves (assuming I'm talking about the same place as you - the beach where everyone goes to camp in their trucks) are a way over from Butcher Jones. I've gone there a few times from the lake overflow parking lot, and you have to keep going towards 4 Peaks for a while, over about 5 or 6 major washes. Eventually you'll find a major trail going down towards the water. Part way along there's a long bank that you will have to negotiate, would be tough in a stock Taco.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:22 PM   #17
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by petersharp View Post
The coves (assuming I'm talking about the same place as you - the beach where everyone goes to camp in their trucks) are a way over from Butcher Jones. I've gone there a few times from the lake overflow parking lot, and you have to keep going towards 4 Peaks for a while, over about 5 or 6 major washes. Eventually you'll find a major trail going down towards the water. Part way along there's a long bank that you will have to negotiate, would be tough in a stock Taco.
It's not to bad I got my stock pre-runner (with locker) out there without any real issue. A hill on the way back tore my bfg's up a bit but that was my own dumb fault

Edit: in before cliff... that's not counting getting lost from the group... but on that note both of us prerunners got to the 2 closer coves.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:49 PM   #18
BOVADS is a splendid one to beholdBOVADS is a splendid one to beholdBOVADS is a splendid one to beholdBOVADS is a splendid one to beholdBOVADS is a splendid one to beholdBOVADS is a splendid one to beholdBOVADS is a splendid one to behold
BOVADS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
[/IMG]
The hole he got stuck in...

Making a climb...

Little snake we saw...

Buddies (Not me) having a drink with 4 peaks in the background...

thanks for tready lightly
Old 09-29-2009, 11:47 AM   #19
Lichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lichen's Tacoma Gallery
A friend and I took my FJ Cruiser out to the first cove early yesterday morning. What a pigsty!! I couldn't believe the amount of garbage that has accumulated in the last two months. And most of the crap was Bud-Light. Bud-light empty 12 and 24 pack cases, hundreds of bud-light cans (and one Coors Lite can). Underwear, condoms, toilet paper, etc. Really pissed me off. One person had even bagged up their garbage, but then left the bag there for the buzzards to tear up. What the hell? These are obviously 4-wheelers who need hot tail-pipes shoved up their asses. This is a good way to have a trail shut down. Rant over.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:03 PM   #20
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lichen View Post
A friend and I took my FJ Cruiser out to the first cove early yesterday morning. What a pigsty!! I couldn't believe the amount of garbage that has accumulated in the last two months. And most of the crap was Bud-Light. Bud-light empty 12 and 24 pack cases, hundreds of bud-light cans (and one Coors Lite can). Underwear, condoms, toilet paper, etc. Really pissed me off. One person had even bagged up their garbage, but then left the bag there for the buzzards to tear up. What the hell? These are obviously 4-wheelers who need hot tail-pipes shoved up their asses. This is a good way to have a trail shut down. Rant over.
Wow... I have to admit the last time I was out there it wasn't in great shape, but that sounds a hell of a lot worse now. Perhaps TW should set up a few weekends to help clean up. Maybe we can get a co-op going with some of the other groups (jeep ect) for some cleanup weekends to be proactive in keeping it open instead of waiting for it to get shut down :/

I'm down for help'n when I get back when I can help out.