R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Dash Light Help

Old 09-29-2009, 10:21 PM   #1
Done, Retired from here :)
Veinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Corpsman
Name: Roy
Veinguy's Tacoma Gallery
Question Dash Light Help

Hey Guys, does anyone know where I can take my truck to get the dash LED's changed out. I can't seem to find a place in Tucson willing to do it for me. I appreciate your help.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:57 PM   #2
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Are they not working or do you simply wish to change the colors? I'm not sure of any shops that will do it, but there may be some local members willing to help out. I haven't done it myself so... I'd rather not start with someone else's truck

Note if they're not working... make sure you have the dimmer switch up
Old 09-30-2009, 07:26 AM   #3
Veinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeinguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Veinguy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the note, my lights work fine I just want to change the color.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:26 AM   #4
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
if you or someone you know, knows how to solder do it yourself or have them help. Honestly, it really is not that hard.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...-complete.html

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=180314
Old 09-30-2009, 09:38 PM   #5

Veinguy's Tacoma Gallery
I feel pretty comfortable doing the soldering, I just need to find some direction to remove the gauge from the dash without destroying it. I appreciate your guy's help. Thanks
Old 09-30-2009, 09:40 PM   #6
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
check out the links above. they should supply you with awesome instructions on how to do everything. It really is simple. You should do it.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:58 PM   #7

Veinguy's Tacoma Gallery
Alright I ordered the LED's, and will do it next weekend. Bear with me, can I buy some new needles so they look like MY50Cal's or do you do something to them. I feel comfortable cutting your heart out and sewing it back, just don't want to mess up my truck.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:10 PM   #8
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
You can scratch the orange paint off the back of the needles and paint them white. Well, thats what I did. It should reflect whatever color the LEDs are.