R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Phoenix Area Fishing

Old 12-18-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
ShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to behold

Name: Bryan
ShtrMcGavin's Tacoma Gallery
Phoenix Area Fishing

I finally have a free day this weekend so Sunday Im thinking about going fishing, but the last time I went was a couple years ago at Saguaro lake and I didnt catch anything so I figure this time I should look into it a little more.

Does anyone know of some good places?

I dont mind driving a while to get there as long as its worth it, Im hoping for some decent Large Mouth Bass and I dont have a boat so it kinda limits the good places.

Thanks!
Old 12-18-2009, 05:25 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You need to hit me up when you want to go. I have a boat. No idea on how to use a fishing line, but I have shot some good size fish in the verde river. You should be able to drive right up to a good spot. Try the "Castle Rock" area.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Oh God, Chris is going "fishing" again. Notify the ATF
Old 12-19-2009, 05:53 PM   #4
ShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to beholdShtrMcGavin is a splendid one to behold

I think Im leaning toward going to Saguaro Lake... I found a couple reviews on other sites and it seems like the fishing is decent there right now
Old 12-19-2009, 06:01 PM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Saguaro lake is cool back by the butcher jones entrance...walk past the fishing pier and fish in that cove...i've caught plenty of bass outta that area...its a lil cold for the bass right now so mid day should be good fishing as the water will be the warmest..hell you might even catch a couple rainbows outta that area...I'd drop shot robo worms for bass or if you wanna use live bait, go with minnows fished on a split shot rig. Power bait for trout...green chartruse always seemed to work best with me Hope that helps
Old 12-19-2009, 06:04 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
Saguaro lake is cool back by the butcher jones entrance...walk past the fishing pier and fish in that cove...i've caught plenty of bass outta that area...its a lil cold for the bass right now so mid day should be good fishing as the water will be the warmest..hell you might even catch a couple rainbows outta that area...I'd drop shot robo worms for bass or if you wanna use live bait, go with minnows fished on a split shot rig. Power bait for trout...green chartruse always seemed to work best with me Hope that helps
Will do thanks for the info
Old 12-19-2009, 06:04 PM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Most all of the city ponds are stocked.
x2 also check out the local Golf Course Ponds...McCormick Ranch and Siverado have Nice Bass!!!

Old 12-19-2009, 08:34 PM   #9
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Wow Crumley, your a regular angler

Oh a buddy of mine that was on the bass masters thingy (I don't fish can you tell) said that where Tonto creek comes into the Roosevelt was a great place because of all the fresh water (North west end of the lake)
Old 12-20-2009, 12:23 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masada View Post
Wow Crumley, your a regular angler

Oh a buddy of mine that was on the bass masters thingy (I don't fish can you tell) said that where Tonto creek comes into the Roosevelt was a great place because of all the fresh water (North west end of the lake)
x2 Its a good place to catch Small Mouth
Old 12-21-2009, 10:19 AM   #11

Ended up going to Saguaro Lake, we got there at about 4 fished for 2-3 hours and didnt catch shit!
O well it was still a good time brought a grill and cooked up some burgers and relaxed a bit.. Overall still a good trip I just think next time I need a better spot

Heres where we ended up going:
Old 12-21-2009, 10:28 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtrMcGavin View Post
Ended up going to Saguaro Lake, we got there at about 4 fished for 2-3 hours and didnt catch shit!
O well it was still a good time brought a grill and cooked up some burgers and relaxed a bit.. Overall still a good trip I just think next time I need a better spot

Heres where we ended up going:
Stupid lake!!!! I told ya not to go there j/k bud

That sucks you didn't catch anything
Old 12-21-2009, 10:40 AM   #13

Quote:
Stupid lake!!!! I told ya not to go there j/k bud

That sucks you didn't catch anything
Very true you did warn me... still a fun day though, maybe next time ill just stay in town and go to one of the lakes you talked about
Old 12-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShtrMcGavin View Post
Very true you did warn me... still a fun day though, maybe next time ill just stay in town and go to one of the lakes you talked about
Hell, gimme a holler the next time you go fish if you wanna...

I'll take you to some of my spots
Old 12-21-2009, 03:56 PM   #15

Quote:
Hell, gimme a holler the next time you go fish if you wanna...

I'll take you to some of my spots
Ill probably take you up on that... The whole not catching anything part kinda sucked