R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

AZ owners: battery life?

Old 12-31-2009, 06:08 AM   #1
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
AZ owners: battery life?

Seems like the battery on my 2007 is about to give up the ghost after about 2.5 yrs. How long did yours last? Mines the big one as I have the tow package.
Old 12-31-2009, 06:17 AM   #2
where can't I go?
AZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kacey
AZCOMA's Tacoma Gallery
i have a group 31 optima and its 2 1/2 years old still works great!
Old 12-31-2009, 06:25 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
My OEM went in 35 months.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:57 PM   #4
SWAPMEET CRAWLER
SLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: kenny
SLOCOMA's Tacoma Gallery
your right.. i bought my truck back in july 07..and had to change the battery during the "monsoon season" we had it.. i think it was in august.. soo thats just about 2years..
Old 12-31-2009, 02:21 PM   #5
itsjustaliftedXR is on a distinguished road
itsjustaliftedXR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by petersharp View Post
Seems like the battery on my 2007 is about to give up the ghost after about 2.5 yrs. How long did yours last? Mines the big one as I have the tow package.
hmm... i bought my 07 in February of 07 and my battery SEEMS fine, but i have heard that most batteries on these trucks seem to go out right at the 3 yr mark. stupid question, but how can u tell if your battery needs to be replaced?
Old 12-31-2009, 02:50 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustaliftedXR View Post
hmm... i bought my 07 in February of 07 and my battery SEEMS fine, but i have heard that most batteries on these trucks seem to go out right at the 3 yr mark. stupid question, but how can u tell if your battery needs to be replaced?
I try to replace mine when it is a little slower to crank.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:58 PM   #8
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustaliftedXR View Post
Well I left it for about 7 days over Christmas and it only just had enough power to turn the engine over. I have done some reasonable miles since and it still seems slow cranking - so it isn't taking charge.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:00 PM   #9
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Hasn't gone yet. It's about a year old.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:39 PM   #10
SunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunDevilTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
SunDevilTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I lived here my whole life and after about 2.5 years I start waiting for the battery to die. It doesn't what size or life rating, about 2.5 years is roughly what I get.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:00 PM   #11
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
My OEM battery lasted 2 years...
Old 12-31-2009, 06:37 PM   #12
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Dunno how this one will hold out but usually mine last around 4 years... O.0
Old 12-31-2009, 08:43 PM   #13
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevilTacoma View Post
I lived here my whole life and after about 2.5 years I start waiting for the battery to die. It doesn't what size or life rating, about 2.5 years is roughly what I get.

I have to agree years ago 2 years was about all I would expect.
I try to go to optimas now after two years in new cars.
The gel types do seem to last longer. I have about 4years on my optima red top in my Lightning.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:16 AM   #14
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
31 months.Slow cranking,had it checked out,dead cell.
Replaced under warranty.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:27 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerfanXD View Post
Thanks for the rep! Leave your name next time.

Talkin to me? I didn't rep you.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:10 PM   #18
azrokttec is on a distinguished road
Air Force: electronics
azrokttec's Tacoma Gallery
36 months with a diehard gold.