R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

another az trail run...i wanna go this time!

Old 01-02-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
another az trail run...i wanna go this time!

so looks like the guys that went to bulldog had a lot of fun. i was curious if anyone wanted to get another trail run day going before i head back to school the 19th!

if your interested maybe post a trail up and possible days to go so that i can request work off and get some trailing in on the new setup

i MIGHT be out at montana mountain out in flourence junction monday the 4th if someone wants to come along. i dont know yet though because im going camping with some people and they are such corn flakes
Old 01-02-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
I think taylor and I are doing Broken Arrow soon if you have a locker or 4x4.

Other then that there is nothing planned. I'm down for going out but I'm gone all next week and weekend.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #3
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i dont have a locker or 4x4 but might wanna run around out there haha maybe do the staircase...down
Old 01-02-2010, 07:28 PM   #4
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
You can do half the trail with out the locker and get to the first play area. How would you get back up the staircase (or is there another way out) I thought it was a loop.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #5
Almost there

once you go down the stair case you dont have to go back up. went with a buddy with a jeep. only thing i am afraid of with the truck is that its a pretty steep decent and theres not much weight in the back haha

at a certain point on the trail you see the staircase and keep driving and go around to get to the top then come down and same trail takes you back to the beginning
Old 01-02-2010, 07:34 PM   #6
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah it is steep. You could put some sand bags in the back or something like that in the bed. Whatever you can get for cheap or free.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:36 PM   #7
Almost there

gotta strap them so they dont slide forward haha scary shit! id almost rather mount them under the bed lol
Old 01-02-2010, 07:39 PM   #8
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
do it on a weekend. no weekday crap
Old 01-02-2010, 08:25 PM   #9
Almost there

i can work with that. you got any day in mind? any place?
Old 01-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #10
Almost there

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tml#post407641

after seeing this i think we would be ok with the staircase haha
Old 01-02-2010, 09:28 PM   #11
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Andy: Taylor and I were talking about on a weekend so you wont have to worry.

Oliver: We will have no problem going down it. But THe way We talked about is doing the loop and going back up it. THats Why I was saying locker or 4x4 only. But If you know there is another way out when you get that way you can take it. I wanna try to get back up without having Taylor or a pink jeep pull me up it.haha From what I've been told its all about what lines you take going back up. When I went up there over summer I only did half the trail because I didn't take a 4x4 buddy with me. and didn't want to get stuck alone. So I went to the first play area and messed around there and took some pictures.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #12
Almost there

i remember seeing those pics! looked like fun! btw did you see that picture on the link i posted of timmers truck??? damn son haha

and i will be out in montana mountain in flourence if anyone would care to do the trail with me! if i remember correctly its about a 3-4 hr trail
Old 01-02-2010, 09:58 PM   #13
Desert Dweller
Holling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud of

Holling's Tacoma Gallery
I have done Broke Arrow many times in my old D-90 and a Rubicon. Some of the turns were pretty tight and that was with a short wheelbase vehicles. I think a double cab Taco would be tight but doable. As for the stairs, not a problem without lockers or two wheel drive. Gravity is work in WITH you there!
Old 01-02-2010, 10:00 PM   #14
Almost there

ya thats why he mentioned the 4x4 or locker for the return trip (up the staircase) going down anything with wheels that turn relatively well will just roll right down

you do any wheeling holling in the taco?
Old 01-02-2010, 10:09 PM   #15
Desert Dweller
Holling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud ofHolling has much to be proud of

Holling's Tacoma Gallery
Missed that part. Up would suck unlocked or 2x4

As for the wheeling, a bit with my Rubicon buddies. I hope to go out with a few of you guys in the near future.
I'm just getting back into the off-roading thing.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:11 PM   #16
Almost there

ya man we are always looking for people around to wheel and chill with!

haha ya up would suck and be kind of embarrassing
Old 01-02-2010, 10:11 PM   #17
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Here are some pictures of two older Members doing it in their double and access cabs.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/ari...6-20-09-a.html
Old 01-02-2010, 10:14 PM   #18
Almost there

^ haha. pics look nice!
Old 01-02-2010, 10:20 PM   #19
Desert Dweller

Holling's Tacoma Gallery
Here are a few pix of the old rides:

Old 01-02-2010, 10:22 PM   #20
Almost there

where was that second picture from? or even the first pic too