R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Moving to Arizona? Visit this Thread!

Old 11-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #282
JLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee50 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: Former NH LEO
JLee50's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondwa View Post
Just moved to north phoenix in sep. I have a bad passenger side rear wheel bearing and need to find a shop that will press on new hub any suggestions. most places i called wanted 80 for just one side
It's a little late..but if you haven't done it yet and want to do it yourself, I have a press.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:47 PM   #283
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
very strong chance that come june-ish time frame i'll be moving to the Phoenix area... if i do i'll be very very stoked!!!

looking forward to hanging out with the AZ TW crowd
Old 01-14-2014, 09:51 AM   #284
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
very strong chance that come june-ish time frame i'll be moving to the Phoenix area... if i do i'll be very very stoked!!!

Old 01-14-2014, 10:00 AM   #286
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post

I got smart and left California about 7 years ago. One of the best decisions I have made. Plus AZTW is the best tw
Old 01-14-2014, 10:14 AM   #288
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Troof
Old 01-16-2014, 11:40 PM   #289
thie-trickster
ducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud of

Name: Chris
ducati's Tacoma Gallery
Been lurking for sometime on this thread. Very well written and informational. I plan on also moving in June sometime. Wish it could be sooner. Have to finish my remodel on my house here. Looking forward to finding some trails and new places to explore.
Maybe I can enlist your help. I need a comeback to "its way to hot down there". So tired of hearing that.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:10 AM   #290
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jason
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducati View Post
Been lurking for sometime on this thread. Very well written and informational. I plan on also moving in June sometime. Wish it could be sooner. Have to finish my remodel on my house here. Looking forward to finding some trails and new places to explore.
Maybe I can enlist your help. I need a comeback to "its way to hot down there". So tired of hearing that.

I fucking hate when I hear people say this but here it comes. It's hot but it's a dry heat, so it's easier to deal with. Nice thing is there are plenty of lakes around to swim, wakeboard, water ski....

On the plus side is that our winters are usually very mild. Hell, it's mid January and yesterday it was near 73 degrees and nice and sunny
Old 01-17-2014, 04:56 AM   #291
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
I fucking hate when I hear people say this but here it comes. It's hot but it's a dry heat, so it's easier to deal with. Nice thing is there are plenty of lakes around to swim, wakeboard, water ski....

On the plus side is that our winters are usually very mild. Hell, it's mid January and yesterday it was near 73 degrees and nice and sunny
ya, but it's so hot there... and it's a dry heat

I hate that too... a dry heat is still fucking hot... every put your head in an oven?
Old 01-17-2014, 06:25 AM   #293
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Can't say I've done that Mike
LMAO...

Old 01-17-2014, 07:47 AM   #294
thie-trickster
ducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud of

Name: Chris
ducati's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I also hate when people say that and I don't even live there yet. I'm trying to come up with a response that says I want to punch you and make them feel dumb at the same time. I'll keep working on it.

73 sounds amazing to me right now. I know I have been looking at the weather everyday there while I hang out in the fog and 38 degrees here.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:50 AM   #295
Mayor of TW

Quote:
I also hate when people say that and I don't even live there yet. I'm trying to come up with a response that says I want to punch you and make them feel dumb at the same time. I'll keep working on it.

73 sounds amazing to me right now. I know I have been looking at the weather everyday there while I hang out in the fog and 38 degrees here.
look at the summer temperatures vs. Oregon and see if you feel the same way.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:12 AM   #296
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Ive been to Oregon several times.. had family that lived there. Ive been there during summer. 4th of July actually.. and it was pretty miserable. made me miss Az summers.. lol
Old 01-17-2014, 08:14 AM   #297
<3
Dunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDunkoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dunkoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I moved from a cold area, loved the snow, the summers etc - I've told myself every year that I would be moving back - it's now been 8-9 years and I'm going to buy a house here, I'm used to it and I love it now.

It may be too hot here in the summers - but it's well worth it. Constant sun and beautiful weather for most of the year, insane entertaining monsoon season, the lack of moisture eliminates the problems of mold, rust etc - no hurricanes, tornado's, etc - beautiful sunsets - still close to the snowy mountains up north and vacation spots all around - you have places within the state like the grand canyon, sedona's incredible, flagstaff, all the other interesting city's and a million places for badass camping and some of the best hiking. ASU, UoA and NAU are all good colleges if you have kids, some of the best golf courses in country if your into that. Great mexican and decent bar scene all around and a lot of opportunities for jobs because of the high population out here. We got hit pretty bad with foreclosures and short sales years ago but now the house market is pretty much completely stabilized and on the rise. And lastly, off-roading and AZTW out here has been a great experience for me, something that I've only been involved with for about half a year - and if you ride a motorcycle AZ has a huge presence and community of riders, some really fantastic rides out here.

The fact is that there is an overwhelming of Pro's to living in the valley that is perfect for a lot of people, especially those on this forum, so it's hard to have a one shot punch to knock out the "its so hott" out there objection; maybe just ask them "so.. what else?" because that's usually all people have to say. It's a combination of the million perks that makes the summer heat all worth it.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:01 AM   #300
whys the rum gone

Quote:
I use to live in Oregon. What part are you in? And I would deal with the heat and amount of fun I get to have now vs always being rained on. Like they said its dry. In the middle of summer down here I would ride my motorcycle in 115 degree weather with 185 degree engine between my legs. I didn't mind it till the traffic started.