1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Right Toyota Bad Experiences

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by JTech, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Feb 6, 2010 at 12:11 PM
    JTech

JTech [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Silver 09 Double Cab 4x4 Sr5 Off-Road
    Locking Bed Boxes, built in air compressor, Husky Liners(not really a mod but I love them)
    I just thought I would post up and let everyone know to stay away from Right Toyota's Service Department. I bought my 09 DBOR there and had good experiences with the salesman. After that it went all down hill.

I had to get my radio replaced about a week after I got the truck. During that process they scraped the plastic trim under the radio and also put a nice scrape in my steering wheel. After fighting with their manager, who told me it could not have been them because they don't use anything metal in the truck, they finally replace/fixed the scratches.

During this time I was also trying to get the suspension Tsb done which they refused to do.

A couple months later I got tired of the transmission shifting issue so I took it in to them to see what was wrong. They told me it was shifting normally and there was nothing wrong. A couple of months later the TSb came out for that.

Now since the 09 trucks have a tsb for the suspension and also for the transmission I decided to bring it in to get both things fixed at once along with my last free oil change. They fixed the tranny shifting issue. They changed my oil. but said there is nothing wrong with my suspension and refused to do the tsb even though it told them the exact complaint on the tsb. They told me I would have to bring my truck in weighted and then they might do it.

So I was pissed after that then after a day I noticed oil leaking from under my truck. I checked some stuff out and it turns out they dropped the little bottle they used to catch the oil from the filter into the engine bay. It then got stuck in the skid plate and they never got it out. So all the used oil was dripping out everywhere for 2 days until I found the problem. I removed the bottle and cleaned up everything and decided to give them a call and explain what happened and express how disappointed I was. The service people told me that it could not have been them because they wouldn't do that.

To make a really long story short. DONT GO TO RIGHT TOYOTA! I know that sometimes things happen and i understand that but the way they treated me after all these things happened is unacceptable.

Also if anyone has a dealer in the north Phoenix Scottsdale area that did the tsb let me know.

2. Feb 6, 2010 at 12:20 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    My experience: they need to kiss peoples ass cause they fucking suck!

3. Feb 6, 2010 at 12:25 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    lol, Sounds like what a "good" politician would say, "Could not have been me, because I wouldn't do that".

Sorry to hear about your experience, I would have made them clean up my engine compartment. I too, have had a lot of bad experiences with my local dealer, Bill Wright Toyota. And many other members on here have had bad experiences with their local dealerships, or "stealership", whatever you would like to call them. Hope things get better for you.

4. Feb 6, 2010 at 12:35 PM
    bishtacova

bishtacova Don't buy a Ford

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC PreRunner V6
    4 leaf TSB, reflash ECM, Eurostyle antenna, thule roof rack, bed extender
    I get an email from my dealer's customer service manager. I complained loudly about a bad experience and low and behold, my 09 taco with the same issues was fixed. If the service manager doesn't help out there's always someone above him/her. Ask your sales person who's in charge. Or, just complain to the sales guy. If he's that good, he may be able to have a talk with service, after all it doesn't pay to piss off the guy who he earned a commission from.

5. Feb 6, 2010 at 12:46 PM
    Flynn Diesel

Flynn Diesel Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    •BFG AT KO 285/70/17, XD Addict 17x9, Light Racing UCA’s, Billstein 5100’s, OME 885’s, Toytec AAL, Seat Belt warning disable, Grill Craft Black MX Upper & Lower Grill, VisionX 55/65 watt xenon Low/High Beam lights. FOG Light only Mod. Tailgate theft prevention mod. Wet Okole armrest mod. Redline Hood Struts, Weathertech floor liners. AMP Bed Extender. Wet Okole Seat Covers. Pioneer P4200DVD
    That is where I bought my 2010 Tacoma. I live in Central Phoenix but went all the way there because a friend of a friend works there and I got a good deal. I have not been there for service and don't plan on it given the distance from home. The only service I have gotten has been at Camelback Toyota in Phoenix and they were decent at best.

6. Feb 6, 2010 at 12:47 PM
    jrobson

jrobson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mobile, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    09 DC 4x4
    Ultimate lift kit, LR UCA's, Bi-xenon 8000K headlights, Xenon 8000K foglites, (4) KC slimlites on N-Fab light bar, Extang trifecta toneau cover
    I guess I'm just spoiled after dealing with Benca1 and his dealership from on here. I never hear anything else other than "Yes sir."

7. Feb 6, 2010 at 1:25 PM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    This suprises me.
    I purchased my truck from them and had the trans TSB done there.
    No problems at all.
    Sorry to hear all these bad things happened.

8. Feb 6, 2010 at 10:37 PM
    Holling

Holling Well-Known Member

Member:
    West Coast
    Vehicle:
    2021 DC TRD Sport
    I too bought my truck there and had the TSB done by them. I did have to fight with the service manager to get the TSB done.
    We had a much worse experience with Bell Toyota. I bought a supposably "Certified Used" vehicle for my wife. Long story short, it appeared that it was certified in name only. I will never, ever set foot in Bell Toyota again.
    I'm sure this current, huge recall will be a very sobering experience for all things Toyota.

9. Feb 7, 2010 at 1:25 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Sorry to hear the issues man... Camelback wasn't much better to me when I first got the truck too.

I took my truck to Big Two for the suspension TSB. I asked if I could get the TSB done, they asked why I thought I needed it... told them it was bottoming out after a light load at lowes.... didn't need me to load it or nothing ordered the parts right after it and was in a few days later. They even took he shuttle out to Maricopa and dropped me off.... I was very impressed.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...1.782284&spn=0.0579,0.132093&t=h&z=14&iwloc=B

10. Feb 7, 2010 at 7:46 AM
    JTech

Member:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Locking Bed Boxes, built in air compressor, Husky Liners(not really a mod but I love them)
    Thanks guys. I think I am going to try Camelback Toyota. That is where my mom got her Highlander in 2001 and they have been happy with them so I will check them out. I hope toyota steps up their game because with all the quality issues that are popping up and the customer service problems. they are going to lose their repeat customers.

11. Feb 7, 2010 at 8:10 AM
    SunDevilTacoma

SunDevilTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    04 Wht Double Cab PreRunner
    Turn signal relocation, built in fog light conversion, 4" deck plate
    I bought mine at Camelback and had been very impressed with the service I got there. However, I live in SE Gilbert and Big Two is a hell of a lot closer and go there now when I need more than an oil change. I always get great service there too.

12. Feb 7, 2010 at 9:42 AM
    Chris(NJ)

Chris(NJ) Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Usually in Central Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo 4x4 DC OR
    Mods are currently being changed .....
    Got mine at Camelback and so far they seem to be willing to work w/ me regarding service. Aside from multiple warnings on the firmness of the vehicle after the TSB, they had no problem agreeing to doing the work. Its scheduled to be done on the 16th, so I'll keep ya posted. I've been talking to Chris Mill in service and he seems like a cool guy to work with. Might want to try giving him a call to see if he can help out.

13. Feb 8, 2010 at 1:13 PM
    Holling

Holling Well-Known Member

Member:
    West Coast
    Vehicle:
    2021 DC TRD Sport
    What I don't understand is why some dealers fight and others play. They get paid by Toyota for doing the work, it isn't charity. When I had a Jeep, Airpark Jeep fixed anything, no questions asked. Other local Jeep dealers fought over a non-approved pine air freshener hanging from the rear view mirror. If Camelback Toyota treats TW members well then we all should be taking our trucks there. Not just for TSB stuff but any repairs and oil changes if you choose. They get financially rewarded for good service while the others don't.

14. Feb 18, 2010 at 12:15 PM
    BOVADS

BOVADS Well-Known Member

Member:
    i had a bad experince with right toy's serv also and needless to say i did a "rockford" in their service drive:D

unfornatly i was still in work uniform and my boss got a call:eek:

15. Feb 18, 2010 at 12:26 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    I've bought 2 Tacomas from there and never had a problem...Of course all I did was buy em, I never had any services done. You would think those fuckers would be kissing our asses and wanting to help however possible because of all the shit going down with recalls and what not...guess not :(

16. Feb 18, 2010 at 1:20 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    I took my first gen in there to have the head light adjusted, as I had a job behind them, and no time to tirn a couple bolts myself. When I got the truck back, BOTH headlight wear aimed as far UP as possible. Im pretty sure, on the way home that night, I was iluminating the cockpits of aircraft flying over. I have never seen more wrench weilding retards in one location.

17. Feb 18, 2010 at 1:25 PM
    Chris(NJ)

Chris(NJ) Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Usually in Central Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo 4x4 DC OR
    Mods are currently being changed .....
    Fwiw, I just got my truck back from Camelback, who performed the suspension TSB. All work was completed on time and w/o any issues or them trying to force anything else on me. I was satisfied w/ them.

18. Feb 18, 2010 at 9:16 PM
    desertalii

desertalii Active Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    3rd GEN 4X2 TRD OFF Road Pkg
    I agree...Right Toyota SUCKS!!! Personally had bad experiences from them. Purchased a certified used Corolla in 2003 with extended warranty. Then it had problems with the transmission. They said that it was not covered. Later I wanted to buy a 2005 4runner and they tried to rip me off. I told them where to stick it and got a better deal somewhere else.

I filed a complaint twice in the past with the local office and corporate. Every once and awhile they will give me a call, and I'll go postal on the phone.

19. Feb 21, 2010 at 5:18 PM
    JTech

Member:
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    well it is sad to hear that they are so bad at service. It gives toyota a bad name. I will have to hit up camelback.

Products Discussed in

To Top