1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

coke ovens run sat the 27th

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by micropiper, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Feb 18, 2010 at 9:55 AM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona

as far as I know of Taylor, you can legally off road there. Hell some of us Romp out there on our own time. I heard the Coke Ovens are a blast and I wish I could go with. Have fun out there and be safe.

2. Feb 18, 2010 at 10:04 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    Thanks Curt, your not going to be working on a Saturday are you? If you have it off, come out and join us :)

3. Feb 18, 2010 at 10:07 AM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    ICON Stage 6, RCI Skids, Blacked out
    I don't think I'll be able to make this one guys. I'm coating my garage floor I think that weekend and thats a 4 day process. From the pics I've seen and in my book looks like you guys will have a blast.

4. Feb 18, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona
    I have it off, but my step daughters have their first soccer game that day I believe. Besides, I think that trail would destroy my truck. I've heard it's a not 2wd friendly. Don't have the funds right now to be replacing parts. Otherwise I'd at least come check it out. I've driven around that area before, just not to the Coke Ovens..Besides, I don't like to bake Coke. I'd rather drink it with Captain Morgan Tattoo'd Rum and ice.

5. Feb 18, 2010 at 11:50 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    Lol nice, well if things change and I end up going your more than welcome to ride in the cab with me and my buddy from Georgia.

6. Feb 18, 2010 at 5:41 PM
    micropiper

micropiper [OP] Admiral of the JOLLY ROGER navy

Member:
    First Name:
    damion
    phoenix az
    Vehicle:
    Four cylinders of pure awesome
    k&n air filter in a modded intake, sliders, new horn, plenty o pinstripes, custom onboard air,cobra cb with custom skidplate,
    sorry had my head in my a$$ !!! Its the adventure off road club. Its mostly older white guys with Fjs and Jeeps. They are good people been out with them a bunch.Website is adventureoffroadclub.com. Free to join and they send out emails in advance for runs.

7. Feb 18, 2010 at 7:02 PM
    Danzer

Danzer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Peoria
    Vehicle:
    22 SR5 4x4 AT
    Stock for now
  8. Feb 19, 2010 at 9:55 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Just FYI

Please No Firearms
    The Adventure Off Road Club is a group function so for the sake of safety and comfort of the entire club, please leave your firearms safely stowed away at home.

I have a big freak'n problem with this, so I doubt I will be going. This is the kind of thing that get's people killed when things go wrong and no body has something to protect themselves. I for one never leave my house and go out in the wilderness without some means of protection, and I'm not about to start now.

9. Feb 19, 2010 at 10:43 AM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    A good stern talking to is just as good as a gun Taylor! :laugh:

10. Feb 19, 2010 at 11:16 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Talking takes too long and doesn't always yield results...:D

11. Feb 19, 2010 at 4:39 PM
    micropiper

micropiper [OP] Admiral of the JOLLY ROGER navy

Member:
    First Name:
    damion
    phoenix az
    Vehicle:
    Four cylinders of pure awesome
    k&n air filter in a modded intake, sliders, new horn, plenty o pinstripes, custom onboard air,cobra cb with custom skidplate,
    I know for a fact that several of the regular members carry. They just dont make it obvious. I think people should be prepared for anything. This group is more about the wheeling to a destination.

12. Feb 20, 2010 at 6:51 AM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona
    "Mr. Badguy, can't we just peacefully sit down and talk about this?" And that's why they didn't issue a firearm to me when I graduated the police academy. In my 9 years of being a Cop, I've become very aware of the amount of violent persons we have in society. I've seen too many good citizens fall victim to their deeds. I for one, REFUSE to be a victim and I would imagine that there a few more out there that feel the same way I do.

13. Feb 22, 2010 at 8:08 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Well that makes me feel better about going out to something like this.

x2

That's why I got my CCW :D I let my finger do the talking...(only when needed and it hasn't happened yet)

So is there anyone else going out to this? I would really like to go, but I don't want to be alone lol

14. Feb 24, 2010 at 8:21 AM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    I'm not sure if you guy will be able to go on Sat. If its raining the normally close everything it says in my book because its in a canyon and a flash flood zone.

15. Feb 24, 2010 at 8:52 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Ya I pretty much decided not to go to this...

Products Discussed in

To Top