R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

hey Tuscon people. questions for you

Old 02-26-2010, 02:47 AM   #1
Breazeale- Pronounced Brazil
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: truck driver 1404
Name: chris
toyotadude5's Tacoma Gallery
hey Tuscon people. questions for you

Hey guys, I live up in flagstaff. I just applied with uofa police department. I was also looking at the real estate there, and DAMN it way cheaper then flag.

So if i do end up getting the job, what are some of the best places to live? Close to campus? hotspots? And good hangouts?

Ive only been to tuscon 1 time and that was like 10 years ago. Thanks for all the help.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:59 AM   #2
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
It is way cheaper to live down in Tucson. I had a 1BR/1Bath in FLG, I was paying $830/month. When I came down to Tucson, I could live in a 2BR/1.5Bath for about the same price.

I have lived on the west side of Tucson in the student apts, it was great until I started getting serious about school, I became more focus. I live a block away from Tucson Mall, not too bad.

You could live near campus, at the end of summer is when you can find a great place to rent out near campus. You could find a place along Mountain Ave. It goes straight to campus.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:22 PM   #3
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
TBH there's very few 'nice' area's to live in Tucson, unless you could afford the Catalina foothills/ Ore Valley area.... NW side isn't too bad, but downtown and south Tucson is a horrible place to be, imho.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:39 PM   #4
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Fuckin' UofA PD!! They are HIGHLY incompetent 'tards (or at least used to be when I was doing my undergrad)... I hope you can change things if you join their squad.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:40 PM   #5
toyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotadude5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

this is not my choice of police departments, but currently are the only police in arizona that are hiring, so i might take it if they give me an oppurtunity.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:42 PM   #6
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriZonaD54 View Post
Fuckin' UofA PD!! They are HIGHLY incompetent 'tards (or at least used to be when I was doing my undergrad)... I hope you can change things if you join their squad.
Was the fuzz always bustin' on you?
Old 02-26-2010, 10:49 PM   #7
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Not once. But they are complete douchebags and should've really only been mall cops.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:51 PM   #8
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriZonaD54 View Post
Not once. But they are complete douchebags and should've really only been mall cops.
I was just down in Tucson last weekend to visit UofA. Odds are I won't be going there unless I get some amazing scholarship. Most likely, I'll be at NAU. All depends on scholarships though.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:39 PM   #9
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
I was just down in Tucson last weekend to visit UofA. Odds are I won't be going there unless I get some amazing scholarship. Most likely, I'll be at NAU. All depends on scholarships though.

They are planning to do another tuition increase at the UofA. The increase is said to be about $2k for in-state undergrads.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:42 PM   #10
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
They are planning to do another tuition increase at the UofA. The increase is said to be about $2k for in-state undergrads.
Yep. IIRC, it's the most out of the three major Universities.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:44 PM   #12
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
What do you plan on studying?
Haven't decided yet. I need to see what NAU offers and if they don't have anything within my intrests then I need to check out ASU.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:48 PM   #13

ya i really want to get on with dps, but they are not hiring. so this may at least get my foot in the door