R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

The Official: I blankity-blank HATE spiders!!!! (+1 picture)

Old 03-06-2010, 08:15 PM   #21
Fed Taco will become famous soon enough

Name: Cale
Fed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
LOL!! just think of all the eggs it laid in your hair while you were on your walk. J/K it probably didn't
Old 03-06-2010, 08:15 PM   #22
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Chris hates spiders too...............IIRC, the last one got spray glued to a wall or something........as chris walked away, the spider struggled 1 arm/leg free, and flipped him off...........
imagine a mini brianr
Actually, THe Spider that Flipped me off, was in the back yard, and after I hosed him with some industrial strength Wasp killer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFanTRD View Post
Well you handled it better than chris4x4. His house would have been burned down if a spider fell out of his hair and into the cereal.
perhaps....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Chris4x4 taking care of a spider in his home.

Almost......'cept there would be more fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
I remember Chris said he sprayed a spider with 3M spray adhesive and it is still on the wall in his shop as a warning to other spiders.
Yes. And it is STILL there....After a few years.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:18 PM   #23
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
And FWIW, The scorch mark on my fence is when my weed eater burned up......and I left it to burn.......Quite honestly...Im suprised the FD didnt show for that one....
Old 03-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #24
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure they knew the address. Probably afraid if they showed up, you'd find someway of making water flammable and burn down their fire truck too.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:18 PM   #25
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
One night im hlaf asleep in bed and I had a tickle on my chest, figured it was just the sheet so I readjusted and proceded to doze back off. Right before I fall asleep I feel the same thing, so I readjust (I am half asleep so I didnt think too much about it) and try to get back asleep. Then I feel something moving across my chest. So I proceded to jump from a laying position to about 5 feet away from the bed to the light switch and turn it on. I then find a big ass wolf spider laying on my pillow. I go to attempt to assassinate the spider with a ninja attack and it sees me and goes in between the bed and wall. I tore apart my bed to kill that spider, then grabbed a blanket (From the closet) and slept on the couch.
Ok that story creeps me out...good thing you had crossfit skills to get out of bed so quickly
Old 03-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #26
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
just think....that aint that good of a pic of him.......was was as big as a whole brick is deep.....his legs were on the brick above and below where his body is.
Well where's the good pic of him? What did you do about that big bastard?
Old 03-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #27
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok that story creeps me out...good thing you had crossfit skills to get out of bed so quickly
I seriously couldnt sleep in there for like 2 weeks
Old 03-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillfly199 View Post
I seriously couldnt sleep in there for like 2 weeks
I may have been tempted to tear the wall apart to kill it. Or at least getting some kind of spider killer spray and soaking the area he went in to, along with the rest of the house.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:30 PM   #29
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Lol!!! I think that Urine is a pretty good and effective killing method. It works wonders on all kinds of bug/creatures
Old 03-06-2010, 09:33 PM   #30
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allrsdup View Post
thanks.. u just ruined my sleep tonight.
X2...

I hate spiders, every one of them but I love what they do by eating bugs and other mosquitoes..
Old 03-06-2010, 09:43 PM   #31
hawaiikone is a splendid one to beholdhawaiikone is a splendid one to beholdhawaiikone is a splendid one to beholdhawaiikone is a splendid one to beholdhawaiikone is a splendid one to beholdhawaiikone is a splendid one to beholdhawaiikone is a splendid one to behold
Air Force: FAC, 1891 Comm., 15th Air Wing
Name: Cliff
hawaiikone's Tacoma Gallery
We've got these monsters in Hawaii called cane spiders. In the sugar cane fields there are deep well water pump stations that have elevators which I have to inspect annually. Going down on the elevators I'm amazed by how big these damn spiders can get. They look as big as my hand. Makes for a quick inspection though.....
Old 03-06-2010, 09:48 PM   #32
Will Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Will Prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That thing is HUGE! I'd be afraid to step on him in fear he might eat my foot. Might have to try and shoot that one.
I was in payson az helping a friend of my dad's finish up his cabin, and we had just finished putting down this brand new white carpet in one of the bedrooms. I went to pick up some underlayment scraps in the next room over and a huge tarantula ran out from under it and into the room with the new carpet. This other guy who was helping out said I'll get em, and we figured he was gonna scoop him up or catch it or something. Instead he just goes over and stomps on it with his boot and left a splatter on the new carpet about the size of my fist.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #33
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Those are nothing...lol

I personally took these two pics.... The first two was of one i found in my front yard....
Anyone have the slightest idea of what kinda spider this is??

These two were in my backyard.....

Old 03-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Prerunner View Post
I was in payson az helping a friend of my dad's finish up his cabin, and we had just finished putting down this brand new white carpet in one of the bedrooms. I went to pick up some underlayment scraps in the next room over and a huge tarantula ran out from under it and into the room with the new carpet. This other guy who was helping out said I'll get em, and we figured he was gonna scoop him up or catch it or something. Instead he just goes over and stomps on it with his boot and left a splatter on the new carpet about the size of my fist.
That's funny but there's a good chance i may have screamed like a girl and ran away if a tarantula came running out at me in any house.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:00 PM   #35
Proud Washingtonian
godofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud of

Navy: paper pusher
Name: Steve
godofspeed's Tacoma Gallery
Don't come to my house. I have like 30 tarantula which I am trying to get rid of them before my big move.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:02 PM   #36
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
Those are nothing...lol

I personally took these two pics.... The first two was of one i found in my front yard....

These two were in my backyard.....

this spider needs a damn Rock Bottom and People's Elbow dropped on it to kill it. thing is huuuge!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_3Zi6t7W4s
Old 03-06-2010, 10:04 PM   #37
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I'd just use some snipper skills on those fuckers.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:05 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofspeed View Post
Don't come to my house. I have like 30 tarantula which I am trying to get rid of them before my big move.
Not to worry, i'll stay here in the confines of the frozen colorado where they don't exist.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:10 PM   #39
Proud Washingtonian
godofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud ofgodofspeed has much to be proud of

Navy: paper pusher
Name: Steve
godofspeed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not to worry, i'll stay here in the confines of the frozen colorado where they don't exist.
LOL. I use to enjoy having them for pets, but I think i went a little overboard. I just want myabe like 2 or 3 max now.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:55 AM   #40
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Why do I always have this curiosity about spiders knowing some damn big picture of one is going to show up.......