R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

The Official: I blankity-blank HATE spiders!!!! (+1 picture)

Old 03-07-2010, 08:00 AM   #41
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, Horse Shoe Lake is crawling with Tarantulas is the spring...there everywhere trying to get there groove on
Old 03-07-2010, 10:42 AM   #42
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFanTRD View Post
Well where's the good pic of him? What did you do about that big bastard?
only pic i got....but it was at an angle. and i left him alone......he wasnt bothering me.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #43
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
i remember getting bit by spiders when i was a kid - we heated the house with a wood burning stove in the winter and always had a wood pile inside - lots of creepy crawlies in there. i would get huge welts the size of a CD whenever i would get bitten, hurt like hell too. that would explain why i keep 2 or 3 cans of super strength spider killer spray around now. my biggest complaint now is that i have black widows in my garage - the experts claim that its too cold here for them. i have the corpses to prove them wrong.

i remember one encounter from when i was about 7 or 8 my folks and i were out camping and had gone for a short drive in the old subaru wagon. we stopped for some reason and as i opened the door to get out this massive spider dropped down from the roof rack and was just dangling in the doorway. i screamed and was scrambling to get away - crawling backwards across the seat. my dad tells me to stop screaming and quit being such a baby. then he came around the side of the car and he started screaming too. the body of the damn thing was the size of a golf ball! thinking back now i wonder if it was just a smaller not-so-scary spider with an egg sac? i know some varieties carry the eggs around for awhile.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:32 AM   #44
Dra6ula is on a distinguished road
Dra6ula's Tacoma Gallery
Oh man I can't stop laughing, the visuals of the spider falling out of your hair and..... anyway funny stuff. I hate spiders and any type of insect too I spray my yard and house at least three times or more a year. The only insects I usually see are ants.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #45
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
Those are nothing...lol

I personally took these two pics.... The first two was of one i found in my front yard....
Anyone have the slightest idea of what kinda spider this is??

These two were in my backyard.....
I'm going to need another picture of you with your finger near this lil guy before I can tell how big he really is.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:36 PM   #46
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Dude, Horse Shoe Lake is crawling with Tarantulas is the spring...there everywhere trying to get there groove on
Nice sig. Hopefully theres no spiders it in!
Old 03-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #47
Fitz
kjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkjf216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kjf216's Tacoma Gallery
i f-ing hate spiders but i never thought of sticking them in the microwave that is great. normally i just crushed them or spray them with what ever i have in hand. WD40 and a match is always fun and makes u feel better.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #48
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I saw a black widow this morning. My shoe ended it.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:14 PM   #49
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
I remember Chris said he sprayed a spider with 3M spray adhesive and it is still on the wall in his shop as a warning to other spiders.

haha... I once clear coated a bigass spider at my old house with krylon clear spray paint, it dried extremely fast and he never moved again! I sold the house and he stayed!
Old 03-08-2010, 04:23 PM   #50
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Nasty fucks, all of them! I moved to VA last year, some big monster I found in the yard. I dropped a cinderblock on it so I wouldn't have to squish it.

Used to live in SoCal. My dad once went outside at night to get the mail and stepped on a tarantula BAREFOOT!!!

A few days later I saw it's ugly brother, and used my BB gun to put an end to it too.

Good thing my GF takes care of the spiders usually, cuz I can't be calling my dad every time
Old 03-08-2010, 05:34 PM   #51
BANNED in 49 states...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motive View Post
haha... I once clear coated a bigass spider at my old house with krylon clear spray paint, it dried extremely fast and he never moved again! I sold the house and he stayed!
sweet sig pic!
Old 03-08-2010, 05:40 PM   #52
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
I'm so scared of spiders that I have to shake my shoes and knock them against something before I put them on, everytime.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #53
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
haha you guys woulda hated working on my 65 dodge project this weekend.. its like i'm breeding them! Crawling everywhere on my hands and so on.. thank god i could care less bout them.. i just determine if theyre a threat, and move on
Old 03-09-2010, 03:42 PM   #54
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriZonaD54 View Post
I saw a black widow this morning. My shoe ended it.
Sounds like you need to call an exterminator or something...
Old 03-09-2010, 05:19 PM   #55
BANNED in 49 states...

Spiders are DEAD to me!
Old 03-09-2010, 06:37 PM   #57
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post

why'd you leave the truck door open? one of those nasty things could have crawled in and drove away when you weren't looking.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:46 AM   #58
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
When I was deployed to the desert in 2003, I was moving a table back into the vestibule of our tent. There was a single naked light bulb swinging with a light desert breeze. Out of the corner of my eye I catch a shadow that was moving (thanks to the swinging light) so I look down and there is a HUGE Camel Spider!!! I nearly pumped a grumpy, screamed like a little girl, and bolted....I am not sure if I ever touched the ground. I did not sleep well that night...

The thing was HUGE!! I was waiting for Godzilla to appear and the two start fighting and knocking over trains and buildings and shit...power lines throwing off sparks while they wrestle!
Old 03-24-2010, 09:48 AM   #59
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Gunner View Post
When I was deployed to the desert in 2003, I was moving a table back into the vestibule of our tent. There was a single naked light bulb swinging with a light desert breeze. Out of the corner of my eye I catch a shadow that was moving (thanks to the swinging light) so I look down and there is a HUGE Camel Spider!!! I nearly pumped a grumpy, screamed like a little girl, and bolted....I am not sure if I ever touched the ground. I did not sleep well that night...

The thing was HUGE!! I was waiting for Godzilla to appear and the two start fighting and knocking over trains and buildings and shit...power lines throwing off sparks while they wrestle!

one of these?
Old 03-24-2010, 09:56 AM   #60
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
Closer to this...at least that is what I saw.