1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

President calls Bill "misguided".

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by Andrew H, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:18 AM
    asphaltpilot

asphaltpilot CAPS CAPS CAPS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    IBTL :D

1) Reform is not needed. Enforce the current law.
    2) Illegal is illegal, regardless of race. If you are illegal, get out.
    3) Certain politicians want amnesty because they know it'll bolster their vote count.
    4) Good for Arizona for doing what they need to. States rights FTW!
    5) Screw the federal government for thinking they should control this issue.
    6) One politician's relative has been living illegally in south Boston for years.
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/04/02/obama.aunt/ :anonymous:

2. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:20 AM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    I have no problem with a state setting laws that protect the local interests as long as it does not violate anyone's rights.

I do not feel asking for identification is a rights violation. I do not feel deportation is a rights violation. I'm also of the opinion that illegal immigrants should not posses all the same rights as citizens. As I also feel that in certain situations, criminals should not posses all the same rights as a law abiding citizens. If you break into my house, as far as I'm concerned you have surrendered your right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Illegal immigration will most likely never be stopped regardless of what posturing the politicians do. Do you want to pick strawberries? Nah, me neither. Do you want to clean nasty hotel rooms? Nah, me neither. If I was to do those jobs you'd have to pay me like $25 an hour. You think strawberries are expensive now... imagine the cost then. Like them or not, illegal immigrants are an important piece in farming and labor industries. Those industries have strong political pull and they like things just the way they are. The politicians will make "tougher" laws so they look good but those laws either won't or can't be enforced and everyone with money in their pockets due to immigrants that will do bust your ass jobs for $20 a day know it damn well and appreciate it.

Is that better?

3. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:21 AM
    thebigk

thebigk 6 Double 5 3 2 1

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken....
    Odessa, TX
    I agree with the law.
    The quote above is correct. Most foreign countries require you to carry your papers with you when in that country. I think if you are here legally, you won't mind proving it.

Am I the only one that carries my ID everywhere I go???? LOL

4. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:21 AM
    Richman21

Richman21 I think therefore I'm a Democrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    09 DC Sport PreRunner
    Hardwire radar detector. Tube steps.
    See, you're assuming I'm driving, but let's say I'm walking to the store or whaterver, and I jaywalk or litter, both misdemeanors, and I don't have my ID, do they detain me because I don't have proof I'm a US resident? If so, I would feel that is unjust. I don't really think it would be a problem for the police to figure me out, I'm as white as they come.

5. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:21 AM
    Andrew H

Andrew H [OP] What is this "search" you speak of?

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    I don't think this thread will be locked if we continue to keep it civil. I agree with your points though.

6. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:25 AM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 DCSB Camp Supreme
    Millions
    I agree with all your points. If the Federal Government was doing this job, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.

7. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:25 AM
    Andrew H

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    We can't justify allowing Illegal-Immigrants here though by saying "They do jobs no one wants." Illegal is Illegal.

Everybody I know has their wallet with them at most times, and most people I know carry their ID/Drivers License in their wallet. I don't think they would detain you just for not having you're ID.

8. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:26 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Somehow, if you knew your DL number or your ss number off the top of your head and maybe your address that'd be enough to not be detained longer than it takes them to drive you back home and you trot on in and get your proof.....especially if you had a local accent. Don't be scared. It wouldn't be unjust, what's going on now with all this shit being ignored is the superjumbogiganitc unjustness at legal citizens expense.

9. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:27 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    When he said bash, I think he meant party, lol.

10. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:27 AM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Millions
    Do any of you want to see some pictures of my recent border patrol ride along? If you think there is a fence along the whole border you'd be wrong.

11. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:29 AM
    Richman21

Richman21 I think therefore I'm a Democrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    09 DC Sport PreRunner
    Hardwire radar detector. Tube steps.
    I carry my wallet everywhere and very rarely ever walk, I would think a greater amount of government control on the freedoms we love would be too much for people to want.

12. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:30 AM
    Andrew H

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    I think I saw the pictures that you posted before. Very cool. I have a good friend who used to work Fire with me but he went to BP a few years back.

Still pleased with the discussion... No one is attacking anyone. Thanks all for continuing to keep it friendly!

13. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:32 AM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Millions
    Fences aren't really the problem, although they do make it more difficult.

14. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:32 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    300 million people's rights are being violated here legally or by birth by immigration laws and practices not being adhered to. If it impositions, annoys, pisses off those few that might be caught up in what would be attempted to be accomplished then so be it. Fuck the 12 or 40 million illegal people here, they don't have rights here. This would be a good reason to LEARN FUCKING ENGLISH AND ASSIMILATE INTO OUR SOCIETY vs. turning it into the shithole you just left and expecting legal citizens to learn more languages just to function in their own country.

IBTL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:34 AM
    Andrew H

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS

How is determining who is here Illegally vs. Legally a greater amount of Gov. control? The freedoms you speak of are freedoms CITIZENS are granted and given.

16. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:35 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    It's an invisible one built upon the honor system.

17. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:37 AM
    Andrew H

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS
    I agreed with the first two sentences then it just turned into an immature post. Why try and lock this thread?

18. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:38 AM
    Crom

Crom Super-Deluxe Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Millions
    I'm not sure but I think I detected a hint of racism in your post which is totally unnecessary. I think this thread was fine until your post...:confused:

19. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:39 AM
    Andrew H

Member:
    Dirty Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2017SSMDCSBTRDS

Seriously. PLEASE keep it clean Taco PreRunner. There are ways to make a point without pissing people off.

20. Apr 23, 2010 at 10:42 AM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    You perhaps can not but big business and political decisions are all made based on money and power not on strict, religious based, conservative opinions nor idealistic, utopian, liberal opinions. You cut the illegal labor out and you cut the farming industry along with other industries out. Billions and billions of dollars are on the line. You're damn right they can be justified.

If you read my whole post and not just the first paragraph you would see that I stated very similar thoughts of them not deserving the rights law abiding citizens have. I just managed to say it in a much less racist fashion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top