1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pinal County Sheriff's deputy shot in desert confrontation

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by Packman73, Apr 30, 2010.

1. May 2, 2010 at 9:02 AM
    Jimmyjohn

Jimmyjohn Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Big Sky Country Montana
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 DLB CAB
    Smitty Blt Bull Bar& Skid Plate, PIAA 525SMR lights
    Reward them Hell Shoot and let the Buzzards pick their Bones. Save the Tax Payers some money and let them know that we mean business.

2. May 2, 2010 at 10:52 AM
    McJosh

McJosh avidoffroad.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler
    Vehicle:
    2005 Reg. Cab 5 lug Tacoma
    Pioneer AVH-p2300DVD, 12" Memphis sub and Alpine MRP-M650 amp, 32" BFG AT tires and KMC wheels, tinted windows, satoshi grille w/ stainless steel mesh, Avid front & rear tube bumpers, Cobra wx75 CB with 3' firestik, GaragePro bucket seats, FlowMaster 40 series, aFe CAI, Black head lights, LoJack and Autopage alarm installed, Avid sliders.
    I know of a lot of people "borrowing" some citizen's(REAL) papers and using them to work. You know what that means? That means that tax is coming out of their pay check every week just like you and me. The only difference is that they aren't getting that money back during tax filing and returns. For the others working under the table, guess who's providing them with a job. AMERICANS! The only way you're gonna get rid of illegals is by coming up with a more efficient way to hire people without the possibility of using fake or someone else's documentation. Illegals will leave if their opportunities to make money disappear. This law, in fact, calls for racial profiling. Reasonable suspicion means just that. And I dislike the fact that only mexicans/hispanics come to mind when the topic sb 1070 comes up. What about all those asians working in the back of that chinese buffet that were trafficked here and were turned into slaves until their debt was paid off? What about all those Arabic people working in the cheap electronic shop or knock-off perfume store in the mall? What about the somalian women who come here without husbands usually but with a tin of kids in sacks? I'm Mexican american, I don't like illegals because I hate watching them stand a the circle k and having them run at my truck when all I want is gas but this law is going about it all the wrong way. This law is gong to fail, especially if Obama doesn't agree with it. I don't agree because I can fall under "reasonably suspicious". Good thing all my family has documentation. My mother came here as an immigrant but she got her citizenship. From what I understand, it's not as easy as filling out an application. You have to take tests(in english only) and pay for all these different forms. Plus, for the people in mexico applying there, it can take years for them to get any type of permit to cross. That's why a lot of my grandma's family couldn't come see her before she passed away. Well that's enough rambling but I hope I've given you another view to this law and issue.

3. May 2, 2010 at 11:17 AM
    mreimann

mreimann Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    '15 double cab Limited
    Icon C/O, Fox 2.0, All Pro Expo 2.0 leafs, Total Chaos UCA's, Airflow snorkel, Custom Built Bed Rack, Pelfrey aluminum front bumper and IFS skid, All Pro aluminum rear bumper, SmittyBuilt winch. RTT
    wasn't part of the bill aimed at employers?

i didn't read it so i'm not the expert, but i thought part of it created a punishment for employers who hired illegals?

4. May 2, 2010 at 11:22 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    I'm so sick and fuckin tired of hearing about this shit! Something has to be done NOW!!!!! I'm tired of reading about some good law abiding (in this case an Officer) Being killed by a bunch of border jumping criminals!!!

:pray: :pray: :pray:

5. May 2, 2010 at 11:22 AM
    Bretsuaz48

Bretsuaz48 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bret
    Surprise, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2016 Sport
    This immigration laws are to prevent all illegal immigration. What I find interesting, is that the immigration reform that the illegals are wanting equates to amnesty and pretty much letting anybody in that wants in. If the latinos don't want to bring attention to themselves, then perhaps they should quit walking down the streets of Phoenix waving the Mexican flag. I have yet to see any Jamaicans or Russians waving their flags and flipping me off on Central Avenue.

Stealing someones ID for any purpose is simply wrong. And your comment about paying taxes is simply wrong. There are plenty of people who owe more income tax because someone used their id and claimed exempt or did not have enough with held.

I know plenty of people who have immigrated here legally. And they werent from Mexico. Was it easy? Of course not. If you decide you want to immigrate to another country, it is never easy. That doesn't give anyone the right to simply disregard the law.

As for the people employing illegals, there are laws against that too. And I am all for enforcing those laws. The same people that cry about this law are the same ones that get upset about Sheriff Joe going after the employers. But regardless, it is ultimately the illegals that need to be held accountable. If your metality is correct, than I am sure you wouldn't mind if someone rear ended you in your truck, and then blamed the accident on you because you got out of bed today. People need to take responsibility for their own actions and stop blaming others.

As for Obama, if he does anything to block this law, I think he is done politically. I voted for him, but I certainly would not vote for him in the next election. I probably won't vote for him anyway at this point because of the comments he has made this week. He has no interest in protecting Americans and securing our borders.

6. May 2, 2010 at 11:30 AM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    x2

7. May 2, 2010 at 11:55 AM
    Semperfi

Semperfi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Angel Fire, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2010 Off Road S/B
    They are not undocumented immigrants they are undocumented democrats

8. May 2, 2010 at 11:59 AM
    McJosh

McJosh avidoffroad.com

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Chandler
    Vehicle:
    2005 Reg. Cab 5 lug Tacoma
    Pioneer AVH-p2300DVD, 12" Memphis sub and Alpine MRP-M650 amp, 32" BFG AT tires and KMC wheels, tinted windows, satoshi grille w/ stainless steel mesh, Avid front & rear tube bumpers, Cobra wx75 CB with 3' firestik, GaragePro bucket seats, FlowMaster 40 series, aFe CAI, Black head lights, LoJack and Autopage alarm installed, Avid sliders.
    Haha.

9. May 2, 2010 at 12:35 PM
    Bretsuaz48

Member:
    First Name:
    Bret
    Surprise, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2016 Sport
    I think even the Democrats are sick of the illegals. Hence the 73 percent approval rating of this bill.

10. May 2, 2010 at 12:40 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

11. May 2, 2010 at 12:48 PM
    STR8_BEAST

STR8_BEAST Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    HB, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 PRERUNNER TRD OR
    MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST, SOUND SYSTEM, KENWOOD DNX 7140, WINDOW TINT, REAR TSB, FRONT COIL SPACER, SATOSHI MOD, BHLM, WHITE CALIPERS, CB RADIO W/4FT FIRESTIK, MAGLITE MOD
    +1 rep :)

12. May 2, 2010 at 1:53 PM
    IamTacO

IamTacO red balls got me!

Member:
    First Name:
    adam
    QC az
    Vehicle:
    01 Prerunner SR5 TRD-Offroad
    4x2 Prerunner. Hankook Dynapro ATM rf10 265-65-16, e-locker FTW! Morimoto d2s bi-xenon HID projectors, Philips 85122+ 4300K, Cobra 75 w/ 3' firefly, Kenwood KDC-MP342U w/ SIRIUS, Line-x bed liner, 4' coretrax(black)
    this is why no one is doing anything. they pay taxes when using someone else's papers, but they can't get the cash back. and where does it go?? billions of dollars go uncollected every year due to this. i'm guessing its getting claimed by people who don't want the illegals gone.

13. May 2, 2010 at 2:09 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    With all due respect, the only different "view" you provide (IMO) is that you're half right about the procecution of "American" employers who feed the problem by hiring illegals. By reading your post a couple times, I've concluded that you really don't "get it." You say that the law is calling FOR racial profiling. REASONABLE SUSPISCION is in no way racial profiling & you shouldn't get resentful because you feel "singled out" Look my friend, these aren't Eskimos & Ethiopians coming illegally from the south, THEY ARE MEXICANS, I'd say an honest 98% are mexican , ONCE, JUST ONCE I'd like to see a person of Mexican descent stop pulling the "race" card every fucking time the issue of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT is raised, NOW, please tell me where in those 2 words it implies Hispanics ?? YOU CAN'T BECAUSE IT DOESN'T. You give the impression that having to take a citizenship test is somehow unfair & once again the poor mexican is getting picked on, do you even have a clue as to how ridiculous that is? If you are here illegally you need to go, thats it bottom line, NO MATTER WHERE YOUR FROM OR COLOR YOU ARE ! & I'll take it a step further , I know a couple of Iraqis that weren't from wealthy oil families & these guys worked low end , minimum wage type jobs & for 5 fuckin' years attended night school preparing for the citizenship test that would then allow them the PRIVILEDGE of becoming legal U.S. citizens , these guys get it, you & yours do not, come to America legally to be an American, don't come here just because things are tough where your from & need work , I don't even have any sympathy left for the concept of "just trying to better my life, or feed my family." & speaking of family, you got a lot of balls talking shit about another race coming here with a ton of kids, you & yours breed like rabbits, so don't shit in your own mess kit with stupid ass statements like that, does the term " ANCHOR BABY " mean anything to you ? I'm gonna stop now because I'm starting to sound like YOU & before you even think about trying to defend your absurd & skewed version of the world, let it be known I'm no racist, not at all , my aunt is mexican , my brother married a mexican lady (very nice, very legal also) my niece is mexican & some of my cousins in the Phoenix area are also, you guessed it....mexican.. Mexican society is complaining & crying "unfair & racist" When in fact out of ALL the people & ethnic groups that have come here from somewhere else, it is a little known FACT, that no other group faced the discrimination & hardships from being here than the fucking IRISH at the turn of the century & who by the way ARE FAIR SKINNED CAUCASIANS, for Christsakes Ya'll need to read up on the history of this country before crying foul & stop pointing fingers while living in denial the fact that 99% of your ethnic problems are your own doing, the biggest conflict of interest I see is that mexicans come here to be mexicans & not Americans, sorry but your kind has brought all this on itself , plain & simple, seal the borders, & imprison, shoot, kill, whatever it takes to KEEP ALL PEOPLE WHO ARE HERE ILLEGALLY, OUT !! No matter where they're from. Now , do you think you can wrap your head around that concept ? Probably not but if you did,you'd be the first.....

1439357903_s[1].jpg
    Web ENGLISH  MOTHER  FUCKER.jpg

14. May 2, 2010 at 2:18 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Thats called "Identity Theft". Another crime, and another reason the laws need to be enforced.

15. May 2, 2010 at 2:44 PM
    Bretsuaz48

Member:
    First Name:
    Bret
    Surprise, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2016 Sport
    Well that explains everything. We don't have a car theft problem in Arizona afterall. They are just "borrowing" it to get back to Mexico.

16. May 2, 2010 at 2:52 PM
    TimS

TimS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC tacoma/2005 access cab
    Rebuilt with flatbed 5100's, new spring packs
    Our laws are a joke when it comes to people coming here and staying here illegally. Try "immigrating" to Mexico. The laws there are straight forward. No hand outs, citizenship, bottled water at the border, etc,etc,etc. Their gov't is using the US as a dumping ground for the most part.

Thanks to everyone patroling the border and to Arizona for stepping up.

17. May 2, 2010 at 3:10 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    X2!
    Awesome to hear from ya Curt! We're praying for your safety and be safe out there!

18. May 2, 2010 at 4:08 PM
    STR8_BEAST

STR8_BEAST Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    HB, SoCal
    Vehicle:
    07 PRERUNNER TRD OR
    MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST, SOUND SYSTEM, KENWOOD DNX 7140, WINDOW TINT, REAR TSB, FRONT COIL SPACER, SATOSHI MOD, BHLM, WHITE CALIPERS, CB RADIO W/4FT FIRESTIK, MAGLITE MOD
    what they said :cool:

19. May 4, 2010 at 2:55 PM
    SteelRain

SteelRain Veteran Redleg

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    San Tan Valley, Arizona
    Just an update on what I'm hearing from the media guys. Apparently there a few news stations that are now say that this story was made up and there's also a few folks out there that our Deputy caused a self inflicted wound. I was not on scene during the time of the gunfight, nor was I out there until the following morning. At the end of the shift, I was advised of many more than the 17 suspected Illegals detained. It looks now that the news is reporting that NO suspects have been arrested. I'm a little frustrated. I can tell you that I was out there for damn sure. I ran Highway interdiction all day on I-8 and the Stanfield area. I was instructed to stop anything and everything coming out of the desert and detain suspected Illegal Aliens.

Check out www.azcentral.com under the Pinal County section and read the article "No suspects yet in shooting of Pinal County Sheriff's Deputy". It's be interesting to hear your thoughts. I wish I had answers, just doing what I was ordered to do.

20. May 4, 2010 at 3:21 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 [OP] ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    I don't believe most of the media here anyways. Keep up the good work Curt. :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top