R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Window Tint Shop Recommendations

Old 05-01-2010, 12:34 PM   #1
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Window Tint Shop Recommendations

Do any of you AZ guys know of a good place to get my windows tinted at a decent price?
Old 05-01-2010, 12:54 PM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
I went to tint pros cause I just got reg tint but for the good stuff, aka huper optic drie, you gotta go to dennys car washes for that
Old 05-02-2010, 09:40 PM   #3
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?

Old 05-03-2010, 10:34 PM   #4
HimanJr is on a distinguished road
Name: Himan
HimanJr's Tacoma Gallery
My taco is an extra cab it cost $140.00 for all windows plus a strip that goes across the front wind shield, I got it done at a car wash in down town gilbert its called gilbert car wash the tint that the owner uses is called solar gard very good tint will last years
Old 05-04-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
CRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really nice

CRfofiddyF's Tacoma Gallery
I got my tacoma done by Sunblox. They have an A- on the BBB and no complaints in the past 3 years. They came to my work and did it in about 30-40 minutes. I had 2 other co workers who went with them. I think they charged me $135 w/ lifetime warranty.
http://www.sunbloxtint.com/consultation-contact.html
http://www.bbb.org/central-northern-...x-az-97003106/

Hope this helps.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:12 AM   #6
sp8ed2010 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dale
sp8ed2010's Tacoma Gallery
ALL PRO WINDOW TINT just did mine!

It is a small business and the guy does awesome work. He did my entire double cab for $200. He uses Suntek tint products which are one of the best and can come to you if you have an open garage to use. Check him out.

http://www.allprowindowtint.com/
Old 05-07-2010, 05:58 PM   #7
THIS IS AMERICA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRfofiddyF View Post
I got my tacoma done by Sunblox. They have an A- on the BBB and no complaints in the past 3 years. They came to my work and did it in about 30-40 minutes. I had 2 other co workers who went with them. I think they charged me $135 w/ lifetime warranty.
http://www.sunbloxtint.com/consultation-contact.html
http://www.bbb.org/central-northern-...x-az-97003106/

Hope this helps.
I ended up going with this guy...he did a great job! Thanks for the suggestion.

Thank you to everyone else that responded as well.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #8
CRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really niceCRfofiddyF is just really nice

Make sure you recommend him. I always spread the word when somebody does a GREAT job.
Enjoy your tint
Old 05-10-2010, 11:42 AM   #9
Veteran Redleg
SteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelRain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Arizona Army National Guard C BATTERY 1/180TH Field Artillery and the Pinal County Sheriff's Office
Name: Curt
SteelRain's Tacoma Gallery
needtintaz.com...Scott tinted my truck this weekend for $120. He's in East Mesa near Power and Baseline. I had my patrol car done by him last summer.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:48 PM   #10
Senior Junior Member In Training
4getful is just really nice4getful is just really nice4getful is just really nice4getful is just really nice

Name: Dan
4getful's Tacoma Gallery
Careful about darker than legal!!! East Valley cops are crackin down on window tint and just about anything else they can. I have had a few cops pull me over not but a block from my house and site my window tint or some other effing obscure thing and then ask me about my truck. NOT COOL
Old 05-12-2010, 05:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4getful View Post
Careful about darker than legal!!! East Valley cops are crackin down on window tint and just about anything else they can. I have had a few cops pull me over not but a block from my house and site my window tint or some other effing obscure thing and then ask me about my truck. NOT COOL
Did you get a ticket or a fix-it ticket? The guy that did mine told me about the different shades and I think he asked me to sign a waiver in case I wanted limo tint. I just went w/ the legal limit
Old 06-04-2010, 06:34 PM   #12
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter pilot still serving
rme's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody got any suggestions for Temple Tx or close by. I'm looking to do Windcos at the legal limit for Ga. Ceramic tint a good choice? I do want lifetime guarantee and the last guy I talked to said Huber Optic was not that good. Said it was thick and hard to work with. I'm down here at Ft. Hood but could get some time off to drive within 4-6 hours to get it done. Will be up in Tulsa Okla weekend of 25-27 June. The best prices I've found is $399 for Huber optic and $349 for Windcos....after reading what you guys paid for it in AZ I'm wondering if I shouldn't bring some vaseline with me to the tint shop.....Can anyone help?
Old 06-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #13
Bretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bret
Bretsuaz48's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortland View Post
I ended up going with this guy...he did a great job! Thanks for the suggestion.

Thank you to everyone else that responded as well.
What did it cost you?
Old 06-04-2010, 09:15 PM   #14
Bretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBretsuaz48 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Also, what % are you guys running on your trucks? I am asking since the rears are already tinted from the factory. I don't want it to look goofy. I had a 4Runner that the front windows were darker than the rears.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:45 PM   #15
THIS IS AMERICA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretsuaz48 View Post
What did it cost you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretsuaz48 View Post
Also, what % are you guys running on your trucks? I am asking since the rears are already tinted from the factory. I don't want it to look goofy. I had a 4Runner that the front windows were darker than the rears.
It was $140 and I got 15% all around which made the backs 5% because of the factory tint.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:14 PM   #16
the_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud of
the_illest_soldier's Tacoma Gallery
I used to work at a BMW dealership so I had the guy that works there do my truck. He does excellent work. He originally did 1% on the back windows (DC so back doors and back window), 4% on the front windows, and 43% on the windsheild. CHIP busted me for the front window and AZ DPS gave me a ticket for the front doors. I just had him re-do the front to the legal limit of 35%.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:17 PM   #17
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Desert Shield in Scottsdale.
They have done about 8 of my vehicles over the years.

7620 E. McKellips The owner is Juan Villalobos 480-941-5330

Juan is a Tacoma owner as well!!
Old 06-04-2010, 11:32 PM   #18
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illest_soldier View Post
I used to work at a BMW dealership so I had the guy that works there do my truck. He does excellent work. He originally did 1% on the back windows (DC so back doors and back window), 4% on the front windows, and 43% on the windsheild. CHIP busted me for the front window and AZ DPS gave me a ticket for the front doors. I just had him re-do the front to the legal limit of 35%.
Dude... how could you see at night at all???
Old 06-05-2010, 09:54 AM   #19
the_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud ofthe_illest_soldier has much to be proud of
the_illest_soldier's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Dude... how could you see at night at all???
Most of the streets have enough light to see good. It was only a problem when driving in neighborhoods at night...sometimes I had to roll down my windows to back up.

The major benefit was how nice it was to be able to get into my truck after sitting outside for hours in the summer and not feel like I was in an oven.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:06 AM   #20
Anyone used Huper?