R.I.P. JLM

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Arizona

Notices

Best Az. trail guide book?

Old 05-13-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Best Az. trail guide book?

I am new to off roading and want to pick up a good AZ. trail book.
I will be starting off EZ and going from there.
Any recomendations?
Old 05-13-2010, 08:44 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Online stuff: http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Main_Page and Books: http://4x4books.com/

I have this but for CA of course and it is a pretty good book.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:31 PM   #3
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Forget books. Get a Trails.com membership for $50 a year. It has all of the books on there for free and you print what you want. it also has other great info.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:28 PM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
http://cdn-www.trails.com/images/bookimages/BGS114.jpg

i have it and i fucking love it!
Old 05-13-2010, 11:30 PM   #5
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
I have this book also. It doesn't have a lot of the trails though. THere is the little black and white book that has a lot more in it and its less then that one. But this book is still a really nice one. but its $40-$50
Old 05-13-2010, 11:32 PM   #7
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
I have this book also. It doesn't have a lot of the trails though. THere is the little black and white book that has a lot more in it and its less then that one. But this book is still a really nice one. but its $40-$50

Do you have a link for the black and white book?
Old 05-13-2010, 11:33 PM   #8
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

really?! the rating sucks on it? i dont know haha...iv never really payed much attention to ratings i just kind of show up at the trail and look at it, then decide what the rating is. my systems very easy: good to go, eh, fuck lets just try it and then fuck that ill be back with my locker
Old 05-13-2010, 11:36 PM   #9
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
Do you have a link for the black and white book?
Its a great book.

Guide to Arizona Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails Guide Book
by Charles A. Wells

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...SBN=0966497635
Old 05-13-2010, 11:38 PM   #10
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
Its a great book.

Guide to Arizona Backroads & 4-Wheel Drive Trails Guide Book
by Charles A. Wells

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...SBN=0966497635

Thanks Alex. I will pick on up soon.

BTW, I might be in PHX on Sunday to pick up my bumper. Trail Run!
Old 05-13-2010, 11:38 PM   #11
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
The rating on that book does blow though. lol Most of that stuff is soooooooooo much easier then what it says.

Edit. On the purple one Oliver posted.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:39 PM   #12
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
Thanks Alex. I will pick on up soon.

BTW, I might be in PHX on Sunday to pick up my bumper.
Nice hit me up and we'll see what going on.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:41 PM   #14
Almost there

I also have the above mentioned book and i like the other one better. i will give it to someone for free if they want it ( the other books posted not the book i mentioned)
Old 05-13-2010, 11:44 PM   #15
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Give it to Harrelsen.

and you only like the other book because you like looking at all of the color pictures
Old 05-14-2010, 12:26 AM   #18
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todor View Post
anybody been to the 4 peaks trail ? Hows that i wanna see how far my 2WD will go till i get stuck
You can do it. its not hard mostly a dirt road. go out! you'll have a blast.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:30 AM   #19
Todor is on a distinguished road
Name: Todor
Todor's Tacoma Gallery
i think i will hit it on Monday cuze i work all weekend..... I went to crown king 2 weeks ago that was fun but never went all the way. We decided to go at midnight and got pretty late....
Old 05-14-2010, 08:23 AM   #20
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you kindly gentlemen!!