1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tucson Wheeling Part 2

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by extremachn1, May 27, 2011.

1. May 27, 2011 at 9:56 AM
    extremachn1

extremachn1 [OP] I am an asshole, deal with it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BAD ASS SUPERCHARGED BEAST
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    Who is up for some wheeling this long weekend down in Tucson? I am free Sat, Sun, Monday with nothing to do and am game for some offroad fun before i head to Yuma... Post up on here, lets go exploring!!!

2. May 27, 2011 at 9:59 AM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    TRD S/C, TRD quick shifter, AFE CAI, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fox racing shocks, TC UCA, All-pro expo leafs, Bestop soft top, Wet Okole black seat covers, Scan gauge II.
    BTW, I have no clue where to go other than FR 143 but I am sure I can find a few other forestry roads on google earth tonight.

3. May 28, 2011 at 1:45 AM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    Have you gone out to Reddington? A great place to wheel in the Tucson area. You can go to Chiva Falls or Chimney Rock. Wish I could wheel with you, I am will be leaving for N. AZ in the morning.

4. May 28, 2011 at 7:57 AM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Please tell (google maps) where those places are. I wont hit them this weekend but I would be interested in hitting them up another weekend.

5. May 28, 2011 at 8:00 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Chiva is pretty epic man, and I'm willing to go today if you're still down btw

6. May 28, 2011 at 8:28 AM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    I have to drop my motorcycle off at the shop first, but after that I am.

7. May 28, 2011 at 9:44 PM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Well,
    We did a run up to Chiva (chivo) falls today with Jake (Kyouto42), his friend Adam riding shotgun, and myself. It was good fun run, glad we did it. We both came out of it unscathed. The only real damage was my Avid steps took some scratches and the lining got scartched off the bottom. I could care less about that, it did what it was supposed to do.
    I would love to do the run again sometime soon. I was highly impressed with the locker/a-trac combination on the TRD OR trucks. It definatly left me wanting. I cleared everything Kyouto42 did but there were a few that I had to take differant lines. Plus where his truck finessed its way up the steep slippery stuff my truck (TRD SPRT) used brute force and I just floored the supercharged 4.0 and let the tires spin until I got some good traction. I had to bump it/e-brake start it a few places because my truck would loose traction as one front wheel and one back wheel got light. But all in all it was a blast. Below are some pics and videos (jake has more). I dont know what is up with the funky colors but it works.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...151062&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Chivo+Falls&t=h&z=12

Pics and vids are uploading, I will update once they are on the net.

8. May 29, 2011 at 6:34 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    It was a lot of fun! Good to meet Chas and a fun guy to wheel with, that truck's a beast with that supercharger! I'll upload some videos and the few pics I have within the next couple of days.

9. May 29, 2011 at 9:05 AM
    Taco Gunner

Taco Gunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2006 Access Cab TRD Offroad
    That destroys the shit out of trails.......

The OHV use in AZ has seen a huge uptick over the past decade but it is also under constant threat. Until we learn to respect the trails and keep them serviceable, we will be fighting to keep them open and will have only ourselves to blame when they close them.

Tread Lightly....

10. May 29, 2011 at 11:26 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    It really didn't tear anything up dude, it's pretty much all granite out there, all that really got torn up is his tires...

11. May 29, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    extremachn1

Member:
    First Name:
    Turd Furgison
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    All I did was spin tires in the air and on bare rock. I wasnt digging holes or tearing anything up. The problem is I dont have a locker, so when I get a wheel off the ground, that one just spins and no power to the other wheel. No tearing up of the trail, no damage done. No worries. Like was said, all I did was tear up my tires until I got enough purchase that it pulled me up.

Products Discussed in

To Top