1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dash Light Help

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by Veinguy, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Sep 29, 2009 at 10:21 PM
    Veinguy

Veinguy [OP] Done, Retired from here :)

Member:
    First Name:
    Roy
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2009 Black Tacoma
    Sport Hood ARE LSII Lid Flowmaster Dual Exhaust Airaid CAI Airaid TBS 3" Revteck Lift Tires & Rims Billet Grille Insert Blue LED Dome Light Redline Quicklift Debadged Luminics blue bulbs in the headlights and Fogs N-Fab lightbar Hella 500 x 4 Wet Okole's Blk/Char Weathertec Mats Extra's sshhhhh!
    Hey Guys, does anyone know where I can take my truck to get the dash LED's changed out. I can't seem to find a place in Tucson willing to do it for me. I appreciate your help.

2. Sep 29, 2009 at 10:57 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Are they not working or do you simply wish to change the colors? I'm not sure of any shops that will do it, but there may be some local members willing to help out. I haven't done it myself so... I'd rather not start with someone else's truck :D

Note if they're not working... make sure you have the dimmer switch up :D

3. Sep 30, 2009 at 7:26 AM
    Veinguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Roy
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2009 Black Tacoma
    Sport Hood ARE LSII Lid Flowmaster Dual Exhaust Airaid CAI Airaid TBS 3" Revteck Lift Tires & Rims Billet Grille Insert Blue LED Dome Light Redline Quicklift Debadged Luminics blue bulbs in the headlights and Fogs N-Fab lightbar Hella 500 x 4 Wet Okole's Blk/Char Weathertec Mats Extra's sshhhhh!
    Thanks for the note, my lights work fine I just want to change the color.:)

4. Sep 30, 2009 at 11:26 AM
    MY50cal

MY50cal ---- Tread Lightly ---- Leave No Trace

Member:
    First Name:
    Mojo
    Camden County, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 PM RC / 05 SWB AC (RIP)
    Yep.
  5. Sep 30, 2009 at 9:38 PM
    Veinguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Roy
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2009 Black Tacoma
    I feel pretty comfortable doing the soldering, I just need to find some direction to remove the gauge from the dash without destroying it. I appreciate your guy's help. Thanks

6. Sep 30, 2009 at 9:40 PM
    Untamed_SS

Untamed_SS Stayed Up Too Late

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue Access Cab
    Alpine iDA-X200 Deck, Rockford P3, Infinity 1600 A Amp, Black Badges, "KnightRider Mod", Back-up lights. Painted Engine Cover. TRD QuickShifter & Shift Knob. MAF Calibrator. Doug Thorley LT Headers. Custom Y-Pipe. Flowmaster 50 series. Satoshi Grill
    check out the links above. they should supply you with awesome instructions on how to do everything. It really is simple. You should do it.

:thumbsup:

7. Sep 30, 2009 at 9:58 PM
    Veinguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Roy
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2009 Black Tacoma
    Alright I ordered the LED's, and will do it next weekend. Bear with me, can I buy some new needles so they look like MY50Cal's or do you do something to them. I feel comfortable cutting your heart out and sewing it back, just don't want to mess up my truck.

8. Sep 30, 2009 at 11:10 PM
    Untamed_SS

Untamed_SS Stayed Up Too Late

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue Access Cab
    Alpine iDA-X200 Deck, Rockford P3, Infinity 1600 A Amp, Black Badges, "KnightRider Mod", Back-up lights. Painted Engine Cover. TRD QuickShifter & Shift Knob. MAF Calibrator. Doug Thorley LT Headers. Custom Y-Pipe. Flowmaster 50 series. Satoshi Grill
    You can scratch the orange paint off the back of the needles and paint them white. Well, thats what I did. :D It should reflect whatever color the LEDs are.

Products Discussed in

To Top