Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Armor Tech Offroad

Notices

What Happens When You Balance The Entire Weight of Your Truck on an ATO T-Case Skid?

Old 05-07-2011, 05:05 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
What Happens When You Balance The Entire Weight of Your Truck on an ATO T-Case Skid?

Not too much at all.

Damn nice work Kevin

For those wondering, 3 wheels were completely off the ground. The 4th was churning loose soil and not supporting any significant weight. The truck's entire mass was being held up by a square-foot of rock pressing into ATO steel.

I don't even need to beat it back to shape

If you're going to seriously wheel your truck, just stop shopping around and call ATO now. Just do it. No need to "shop". Just get the good shit.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I was seriously surprised when I looked under the truck. I've been high centered on stuff before, but usually it was stuff with a lot more area, like a log or berm. This was just a boulder tip trying to come up through the floorboard...
Old 05-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #5

No, I just thought a lot more surface area was holding me up. Then I was surprised that so little surface area *was* holding me up without deforming more.

Got winched off, backed up a bit, took a slightly different line, hakuna matata.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Great quality stuff clearly!
Old 05-08-2011, 05:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
I was expecting to see more than a scratch

Where were you?

URE, Rocky Mountain Loop, Double Ledges, the hard side.

Yeah, the plate really didn't care. The add-in crossmember now has a little arch to it, but it's not interfering with clearance for anything, so I'm probably just gonna clean, paint, and leave it like it is. Way I look at it, it's more clearance...
Old 05-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #8
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
nice
Old 05-10-2011, 07:03 PM   #9
That's some tight butthole
malander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shedmalander is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: max
malander's Tacoma Gallery
Impressive. I wish he'd start making some skids for us first genners though
Old 05-10-2011, 07:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by malander View Post
Impressive. I wish he'd start making some skids for us first genners though
You could get some stuff one-offed...but it'd be pricey...top quality though.