Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Armor Tech Offroad

Notices

ATO does it again!

Old 09-20-2011, 04:56 PM   #41
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Old 09-20-2011, 04:58 PM   #42
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Kevin messaged me earlier...I'm in a line as of now lol!
Old 09-20-2011, 05:02 PM   #43
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 09-20-2011, 05:04 PM   #44
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm so excited though! This thing is gonna look fucking awesome on my truck!!!
Old 09-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #45

Old 09-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #47
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
I'll weight the one that's in the shop tomorrow. It's actually not that much lighter, atleast not what you would think. Mainly because it's built off a 1/4" mounting and winch bracket.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #48
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
cool, thanks man. to me it seems a significant weight savings but, i havn't weight my set up but i think total weight including pallet on my bumper/winch/lights was at #220 lbs. cbi moab using 10 gauge plate. warn m8000.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:28 PM   #49
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
Gotcha, Yea I have no idea what the CBI weighs in at by itself. I know this hybrid version is lighter than the plate version I'm finishing up but it's not by a ton of anything.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:48 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire931 View Post
I'll weight the one that's in the shop tomorrow. It's actually not that much lighter, atleast not what you would think. Mainly because of the stout.

Fixed that for ya Kev...
Old 09-20-2011, 07:00 PM   #51
Protected by Armor Tech Offroad
dbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
dbronzo's Tacoma Gallery
without new pics
Old 09-20-2011, 07:03 PM   #52

Old 09-25-2011, 03:35 PM   #53

So, just got back from ATO with my own version of one of these things. A few features are present on mine that aren't present on Dbronzo's rig, so I thought I'd bump this sucker with the additional info.

As usual, I can't say enough good things about the quality of Kevin's design and work. See the video tour for my thoughts on that.

Anyhoo, on to the good stuff:

This is ATO's hybrid bumper design. It's super stout, packing all the features I wanted: front hitch, fog light mounts, driving light mounts, hoop bar.

This thing mounts to the frame via 12 bolts...as far as I know, that's more than any other bumper design out there. The mounting plate and hitch/winch cradle are 1/4" steel. The tubing is bent DOM. The frame gussets and skin are 3/16" steel. There are gussets to the frame as part of the mounting system. No pulling this thing off the frame a la All-Pro.

Video Tour (My Camera Takes Shitty Video! Shiteo!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m8fai4yeA

Old 09-25-2011, 03:43 PM   #54
That Guy
CaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CaptainFun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post

WANT!!!

Old 09-25-2011, 05:02 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerTaco View Post
Awesome work there!
I've said it before, I'll say it again...nobody out there designs and builds like Kevin. He has a super strong commitment to quality, and it's the little things like the extra welds on the recovery points and the frame gusset attaching in an area Toyota intended to take loads...that's why I go ATO every time.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:21 AM   #58
Protected by Armor Tech Offroad
dbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbronzo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Dennis
dbronzo's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good John, although the lights look tiny.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:27 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbronzo View Post
Looks good John, although the lights look tiny.
Yours are far too large for my taste Diff'rent strokes, as they say.