1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ATO does it again!

Discussion in 'Armor Tech Offroad' started by dbronzo, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Jun 25, 2011 at 8:43 PM
    dbronzo

dbronzo [OP] Protected by Armor Tech Offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4 w/ some Mods
    King Coilovers, LR UCA's, All Pro Sliders, ATO Full Skids, Pioneer AVH-P4300, 4.56 Gears, Front and Rear ARB Air Lockers, ATO Full Wrap High Clearance Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, ATO Hybrid Bumper, Smittybuilt XRC 8, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Rock Lights
    So to put this in context for some, I have been waiting a year to do this. Unfortunately my boss thought I could use a vacation in Afghanistan for a year. I first started talking to Kevin about what I wanted in April '10. By July he had finally figured out the tire carrier on the back of his full wrap bumper. I decided to wait till I got back to get one since there was no reason to put it on a truck that was not going to be driven.

I had also told him at the time that I wanted to get a front plate bumper. Since we had a year he didn't think that would be a problem. I guess R&D gets thrown to the side when everyone wants bulletproof armor. I placed my order way in advance in order to give him plenty of lead time for the middle of July '11. I was getting complete skids, full wrap rear w/carrier, and a front plate (hopefully one of the first ones). We talked back and forth while I was down range to see how the front bumper was coming along. I guess building something from scratch is hard ;).

I got good news for me, and bad news for Kevin in February. I was coming home earlier:D. So I started to push the delivery date earlier and earlier. Poor Kevin :goingcrazy: was trying his hardest to get everything done in time for the Harlan trip in May. Unfortunately he can't always work miracles :(. But he did manage to bring me my skids, that I promptly tested in a rock garden :D.

While at Harlan we discussed what I wanted to do about the front because he was having a hard time nailing down the design. I had seen Chad's (pd3) Hybrid and liked it. Kevin told me he would be able to do another one of those pretty easily but would change some things that he didn't really like about Chad's. (Don't get me wrong, Chad's is pretty awesome too). I told Kevin to go for it.

Kevin started building it mine at the beginning of the week and we talked back and forth constantly to go over different ideas that he had until we nailed down the final design. I was stoked that I was finally getting my new bumper :taco:.

So this morning I drove to Kevin's house to install the front and the back. Thanks to Kevin and Dave (lexmedic) we were able to get both bumpers, gas tank skid and wire up my lights and winch in about 6.5 hours. Let me tell ya, those are some hard working guys. I think the only time any of us stopped was to eat some lunch.

Now for what you all have been waiting for THE NEW EDITION TO THE ATO BULLETPROOF ARMOR.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll add some more tomorrow when I get time.

To all the haters :brianr::brianr::brianr::brianr:

THANKS ATO YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!!

2. Jun 25, 2011 at 8:44 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    looks good brotha... ATO has got some skills...

3. Jun 25, 2011 at 8:58 PM
    dbronzo

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    King Coilovers, LR UCA's, All Pro Sliders, ATO Full Skids, Pioneer AVH-P4300, 4.56 Gears, Front and Rear ARB Air Lockers, ATO Full Wrap High Clearance Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, ATO Hybrid Bumper, Smittybuilt XRC 8, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Rock Lights
    Yeah he does, and to top it off I got a Tee Shirt outta the deal! :D

4. Jun 25, 2011 at 9:07 PM
    Namyo

Namyo -

Member:
    Daym! Looking good guys!

5. Jun 25, 2011 at 9:07 PM
    dbronzo

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    Plan on it. :cool:

6. Jun 25, 2011 at 9:36 PM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    Looks awesome :drool: How much was it I you don't mind me asking?

7. Jun 25, 2011 at 9:58 PM
    jjw1

jjw1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Citrus County Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 Super White DCSB TRD OR PreRunner
    Weather Tech Floor Liners, Truxedo Bed Cover, OEM Silver Step Bars, Debadged, Colormatched Satoshi, Wet Okoles, OEM Roof Rack, Bed Mat, Locking Gas Cap, and removed Mud Flaps
    Very Nice! :) sub'd

8. Jun 25, 2011 at 11:25 PM
    lexmedic157

lexmedic157 DNR's and Refusals!

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    FM07HR
    Vehicle:
    07 4-Runner
    07 4Runner; Bilstein 5100's; OME front springs, Toytec rear springs; ATO skids; ATO hidden hitch; ATO Rola Rack mod; 4xInnovations sliders; Yaesu 350R; Cobra 75; E-Locker Retrofit
    I think it was one of the smoothest, involved installs I've ever participated it. Dennis is right we pounded it out pretty quick as he even planned on potentially being in Lexington overnight. I was glad to see him roll in earlier than anticipated as we got a jump on things to get him back to NC with only a couple hours to test out the 240's ;). His truck looks awesome and can't wait to see some pics of him pounding on his new gear!

9. Jun 26, 2011 at 4:46 AM
    dbronzo

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    JoeJoe it looks even better in person.

Please contact Kevin (fire931) for all pricing questions. I really don't know the specifics of what everything costs, I only asked for the total of everything I was getting

Thanks

Dave, could not have pulled it off without your hard work, thanks. By the way those 240's are ssssssssssssoooooooooooo bright and they were aimed about perfect.

10. Jun 26, 2011 at 4:55 AM
    Namyo

Namyo -

Member:
    Pretty broke right naow :( Meats is limited this suma. Moar pics fer now :D

Them lights was nice on back wood roads? :D

11. Jun 26, 2011 at 5:16 AM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    The looks of a Hybrid have never really been my thing but got-damn does ATO do everything right! Sickity sick sick!

A few small modifications and I might have to get me one :spy:

12. Jun 26, 2011 at 5:37 AM
    Fire931

Fire931 Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    00 4Runner
    Thanks Bronzo! Truck is looking awesome now!!! :D

I agree though..... We need more pics!!

For those who are interested in the front bumper like this... I'm liking this one enough I think we'll make it a standard product for us... I'm going to work on nailing down pricing on it over the next few days and then I'll post it up. There will be one or two minor tweaks (as is expected with any new product) but basically overall it will look the same. :D

Also just for reference.... The are mounts for fog lights that will go on each side in between the two tubes, it was unexpected though so we didn't have the lights to install just yet.

13. Jun 26, 2011 at 6:31 AM
    dbronzo

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    JoeJoe they light it up for sure, combined they put out 730,000 candlepower. Now to get the HID kit for them. :D

14. Jun 26, 2011 at 6:51 AM
    TNRunner

TNRunner Blah,blah,blah...

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2017 Double Cab
    Nice! It looks great. Seems Kevin always does outstanding work.

15. Jun 26, 2011 at 6:55 AM
    dbronzo

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    ok added a few more pics

16. Jun 26, 2011 at 7:19 AM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

Gallery.

17. Jun 26, 2011 at 6:31 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    :popcorn:

18. Jun 26, 2011 at 6:35 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Looking good! :cool:

19. Jun 26, 2011 at 6:36 PM
    aphex

aphex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    11 DC TRD OR
    Undercover Classic Tonneau, EGR Aerowrap Bug Deflector, Consolevault Custom Safe, Britax Boulevard 70 Baby Seat!, Retro TRD Shift Knob, Factory Bed Mat, Rear Leaf TSB, 265/75-16 BFG All-Terrain KO's, KMC Enduro Wheels, Front Bilstein 5100's set @ 0" w/ Toytec/Eibach Springs, Rear 5100's, TRD Grille Emblem, OEM Roof Rack, AntennaX 14" Billet Antenna
    geeeezzz.... very nice.

20. Jun 26, 2011 at 6:42 PM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    Nice job. looks great.