Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Armor Tech Offroad

Notices

Tacoma Skid Plates from Armor Tech Offroad!

Old 01-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #21
ArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
ArmorTech's Tacoma Gallery
I hear ya there! We're still waiting on the laser shop. I talked to them this morning, apparently they got hit with the flu bug last week and had most of their guys out sick. At least they took care of it all at once I guess...
Old 01-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #22
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
That's cool, I just can't seem to sit still waiting on these. I am always so apprehensive when wheeling cuz this is my daily driver, so I can't afford to break shit. I just know that these will give me way more piece of mind to go bigger when I choose lines.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:27 AM   #23
ArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shed
So I really wanted to provide button head bolts for the trans skid and T-Case skid so they would slide easier. I'd go countersunk but there are other issues with doing that...

Anyway, for a couple of the pieces the only way to get a button head bolt is to go to stainless bolts. So that is what is going to happen. All Transmission skids and T-Case skid plates now include Stainless Steel button head bolts!

I'll have updated photos of the new T-case skid cross member tomorrow once the Stainless hardware comes in.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:18 PM   #24
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorTech View Post
So I really wanted to provide button head bolts for the trans skid and T-Case skid so they would slide easier. I'd go countersunk but there are other issues with doing that...

Anyway, for a couple of the pieces the only way to get a button head bolt is to go to stainless bolts. So that is what is going to happen. All Transmission skids and T-Case skid plates now include Stainless Steel button head bolts!

I'll have updated photos of the new T-case skid cross member tomorrow once the Stainless hardware comes in.
WooHoo! Sounds like a deal! Are mine still slated to ship tomorrow?
Old 01-31-2013, 03:24 PM   #25
As long as the hardware shows up like it is supposed to you'll be getting some tracking info in the afternoon!
Old 01-31-2013, 03:30 PM   #26

Quote:
As long as the hardware shows up like it is supposed to you'll be getting some tracking info in the afternoon!

I had to throw in the sammich just because.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #27

Skids shipped on 2-1 and will be here 2-6! Thanks Adam for the awesome service and quick turnaround! I will be looking for an exhaust shop to reroute this week and will be painting them as soon as they show up. Kinda don't even want to worry about painting, but it will help to slow down surface rust.
I will post pics up here when I get them on. Thanks again!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #28
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
What happened to Fire931?
Old 02-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #29

I think he sold his company. There is info about it on the ATO vendor thread. I think Kevin still plays some part, but not sure. Adam has done a great job with everything since the switch happened though.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:46 AM   #30
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman15 View Post
What happened to Fire931?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
I think he sold his company. There is info about it on the ATO vendor thread. I think Kevin still plays some part, but not sure. Adam has done a great job with everything since the switch happened though.
Pretty much this.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:10 AM   #31
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well Adam are y'all interested in expanding any? I would really love a full set of skids for my FJ.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
Kevin is no longer involved in ATO. But rest assured that things are actually running much more smoothly and accurately now than every before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman15 View Post
Well Adam are y'all interested in expanding any? I would really love a full set of skids for my FJ.
I am very interested in expanding into the FJC market! The only problem is getting one and getting time to get it into the shop.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #33
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
These skid plates are fricking AWESOME folks. I've bashed my front skid much harder than expected and aside from a couple scrapes from the rocks, it's held up like a CHAMP.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #34
Stop staring at me swan!

Quote:
I am very interested in expanding into the FJC market! The only problem is getting one and getting time to get it into the shop.
Well I was gonna offer up my FJ, but Wisconsin way too far away. Oh well back to square one.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #35
We have skid plates in stock and ready to go to a new home!
Old 04-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #36

A few of my bolts holding my skids fell out. Might want to include some lock washers or something. I love these skids though! SO BEEFY

The ones that fell out are the ones that connect the t case and tranny skids, what size are those?
Old 04-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #37
Sorry to hear a few came out. We'll start shipping them with spiral lock washers. It's always a good idea to check them after an install and make sure everything is nice and tight.

The bolts that go up through the cross member are 1/2x3.5.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #38

Quote:
Sorry to hear a few came out. We'll start shipping them with spiral lock washers. It's always a good idea to check them after an install and make sure everything is nice and tight.

The bolts that go up through the cross member are 1/2x3.5.
These don't go through the cross member. They just go through the two skids. They were the super short ones. Yeah I checked them a couple days after but forgot to check after the last two wheeling trips I took.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #39
The only bolts holding the trans skid and t-case skid are the two bolts that go up through the cross member. Or are you talking about the front skid and the trans skid?
Old 09-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #40
Dog slave
Erik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedErik65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
Erik65's Tacoma Gallery
For some reason I cannot line up the bolt holes on this skid with my tank strap studs