Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Armor Tech Offroad

Notices

Tacoma Dual Battery Tray Kit for 05+ Tacoma

Old 01-11-2013, 08:09 AM   #21
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I said SQUARE meaning square edges instead of round like the Optimas. Standard shaped rectangle battery's have the SQUARE edges.

Can I fit 2 regular battery's is the question.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #22
ArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
ArmorTech's Tacoma Gallery
As long as the battery is the same overall size of a group 34 size battery you should not have any problem fitting them in. The factory battery is larger in physical size and would not fit.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #23
ArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I've found a great article for those of you looking for options on how to hook up your dual battery systems. Sadly it is on a Jeep forum, so you'll have to look past that. All of the info still applies.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #24
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man. I have to hold off til I can afford the 2 x 34 series batteries. I saw the sierra expedition had one that accomodated both. BUT you have to use the Optima spacers that come with the battery's. I do NOT want to deal with that.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:29 PM   #25
Thank you to everyone who has ordered a Dual Battery Tray, yours are shipping out today!

I have a few in stock and ready to go to a new home!
Old 01-31-2013, 03:46 PM   #26
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Can I trade you anything for one? New air hose fittings, some hand tools, sockets, Dell thermal network Printer, anything in particular your looking for?

Add space in my sig? on my truck?

Just a shot in the dark.

http://www.aetv.com/barter-kings/video/
Old 02-04-2013, 09:01 AM   #27
Sorry Skygear, not looking to trade currently.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:44 PM   #28
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I know, never hurts to ask though. I will pick one of these up once I am able to.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #29
Deathcure is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
Deathcure's Tacoma Gallery
Sub for later use
Old 03-26-2013, 07:49 AM   #30
Bump for great dual battery trays!
Old 12-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #32
Wombat
romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Mechanic/Security
Name: Luis
romeo's Tacoma Gallery
since the last update, has there been any more added on pieces to the kit?
Old 12-23-2013, 11:16 PM   #33
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Tell you what. If you can make it fit 2 31's I will grab this from you .. It will save me some time and effort making one
Old 12-24-2013, 05:58 AM   #34
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeo View Post
since the last update, has there been any more added on pieces to the kit?
No there have not been any changes. Was their supposed to be something I didn't know about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Tell you what. If you can make it fit 2 31's I will grab this from you .. It will save me some time and effort making one
Take a look at the dimensions of a group 31 and then take a look at the space available. There is no where near enough room there without major modifications. That's not something I'm going to get into.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #35
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Ok. I already modded the area. just need to level it out and secure them properly. Using hose clamps right now.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #36
Wombat
romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedromeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Mechanic/Security
Name: Luis
romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorTech View Post
No there have not been any changes. Was their supposed to be something I didn't know about?
i was just asking, i didnt know what the whole kit consisted of so im just making sure that a whole kit is there before i think of buying it.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #37
Arrowshot is on a distinguished road

Navy: Force Protection
Arrowshot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
As long as the battery is the same overall size of a group 34 size battery you should not have any problem fitting them in. The factory battery is larger in physical size and would not fit.

Will your tray work for a 2014 Tacoma 4x4 DCLB and hold two of these batteries without anyfurther modifications.

Odyssey 35-PC1400 Battery or Odyssey25-PC1400 Battery (both are same size below)
Length: 9.46"
Width: 6.84"
Height: 8.69"

Canít seem to find the Platinum Diehard 34/78 on the Searswebsite and after a few calls it seems like they may not be carrying themanymore.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:55 AM   #38
I've had a couple people asking about this lately. I personally have not tested this tray for all of the different battery combinations, and would go broke trying to. So I've created a drawing just for you guys so you can see if your battery combination will work. I recommend staying within the inside set of dimension, but the radius for the flanges is not all that large so going to the outside set of dims will work as well.

The tray ships with a new set of 8 inch tall J bolts, so you should be good on height on any battery that will fit in the tray.

You can download the pdf version as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Tacoma Dual Battery Tray Kit for 05+ Tacoma-ato0104-tacoma-dual-battery-tray-rev-battery-dims.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ATO0104 - Tacoma Dual Battery Tray - REV A Battery dims.PDF (46.8 KB, 18 views)
Old 01-09-2014, 04:35 AM   #39
Arrowshot is on a distinguished road

Navy: Force Protection
Arrowshot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've had a couple people asking about this lately. I personally have not tested this tray for all of the different battery combinations, and would go broke trying to. So I've created a drawing just for you guys so you can see if your battery combination will work. I recommend staying within the inside set of dimension, but the radius for the flanges is not all that large so going to the outside set of dims will work as well.

The tray ships with a new set of 8 inch tall J bolts, so you should be good on height on any battery that will fit in the tray.

You can download the pdf version as well.
Thanks for posting the info and waiting on mine from you guys right now. Went to Sears and they have the batteries. Took my measuring tape with me and came up with the following:

DieHard Platinum 34/78 Series
  • Length: 10" at bottom
  • Width: 6.25" after you cut off lip at bottom 6 7/8" at the top with the side terminals (you can't remove the side terminals according to one rep that I talked with)
  • Height: 7.80 to include terminals
Odyssey 35-PC1400T-A
Dimensions L x W x H (in) - 9.46x6.84x8.69

I intend to get the DieHards after I get my tray and check them out at the store with the tray. Will post some pictures of the set up as I make progress.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:17 AM   #40
CChampigny is on a distinguished road
Name: Chad
CChampigny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowshot View Post
DieHard Platinum 34/78 Series
  • Length: 10" at bottom
  • Width: 6.25" after you cut off lip at bottom 6 7/8" at the top with the side terminals (you can't remove the side terminals according to one rep that I talked with)
  • Height: 7.80 to include terminals
Odyssey 35-PC1400T-A
Dimensions L x W x H (in) - 9.46x6.84x8.69

I intend to get the DieHards after I get my tray and check them out at the store with the tray. Will post some pictures of the set up as I make progress.
Look forward to the pictures. I am actually in the same boat as you where I got no response from Columbia Overland and am looking into this tray. I looked at the installation instructions for this tray and it calls for removing one of the tabs that holds the fuse box lid closed (on the side of the tray that is further back). No access to diehard where I am but I have been looking at Northstar (look almost identical to Odyssey, google "battery bashing" JP mag had them in an article). Anyways, the northstar website has nice detailed drawing of the dimension, and although they are just shy of 10" across the bottom(group 34), they flair out at the top, making the total width 10.87". My suspicion is that if you have to remove a tab on the fuse box for an optima group 34, which does not flare out at the top, then getting diehard group 34 could be tough.

I stumbled across another member that used this tray for Diehard batteries (chris5255). I asked him for some pics and he put them up in his gallery. He has a group 35 on the side that is offset further back and mentioned that he had to trim the fuse box. Shoot him a PM if you have questions, he may have tried to get a 34 in there and found out that it would not fit.