Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Armor Tech Offroad

Notices

Tacoma Dual Battery Tray Kit for 05+ Tacoma

Old 12-13-2012, 07:17 AM   #1
ArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
ArmorTech's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma Dual Battery Tray Kit for 05+ Tacoma

This is a drop in tray that securely holds 2 group 34 Optima batteries in the stock location. There are no major modifications required to install the tray and only typical hand tools are required. This is for those of you who have large electrical demands including winches, large stereo systems, and lots of aftermarket lighting.

At this time we are just offering up the tray system however in the near future we will offer a complete setup that will include the tray and a dual battery controller setup as well.

Tools Required:
Hand Drill
3/8" Nut Driver
7/32" Allen Wrench
7/16" socket and wrench
Sharp razor knife or Dremmel tool
The ability to wire up new battery connections!!

Kits include all required hardware for $145 plus shipping. These will ship out bare steel and will require paint or powdercoat.

Order online at here or call 1-608-348-5462 or send me a PM!

BATTERIES AND BATTERY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM NOT INCLUDED!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Tacoma Dual Battery Tray Kit for 05+ Tacoma-batterytray1l.jpg   Tacoma Dual Battery Tray Kit for 05+ Tacoma-batterytray2l.jpg   Tacoma Dual Battery Tray Kit for 05+ Tacoma-batterytray3l.jpg   Tacoma Dual Battery Tray Kit for 05+ Tacoma-batterytray4l.jpg  
Old 12-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
JohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JohnWJ's Tacoma Gallery
Any idea what the complete setup will cost
Old 12-13-2012, 06:56 PM   #3
ArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shed
That really depends on what your needs are. I'm still looking into the battery management systems for those that want to go the all out, top of the line automatic setup. Or you could look at a simple switch from 12 volt guy.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #4
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Me want.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #5
JohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohnWJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JohnWJ's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Thanks I will look into what I will need in the future
Old 12-13-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-13-2012, 07:19 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Have had one of these sitting in my apartment for about 4 months now. Really need to get my butt around to installing it.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #9
Pcyc is on a distinguished road
Name: Fritz
Pcyc's Tacoma Gallery
so $145... and I have to paint it myself? I think a complete kit powder coated would be worth that...

Don't forget $400 worth of battery and $80 worth of wiring too. I don't mean to be a jerk. But that seems a bit high for two flat pieces of metal...
Old 12-14-2012, 04:40 AM   #10
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcyc View Post
so $145... and I have to paint it myself? I think a complete kit powder coated would be worth that...

Don't forget $400 worth of battery and $80 worth of wiring too. I don't mean to be a jerk. But that seems a bit high for two flat pieces of metal...
They're not flat. There's a lot of bending, drilling, cutting goes on to make these things. Plus there's hardware.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:10 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcyc View Post

It is not just 2 flat pieces of metal. The kit is 3 large pieces of plate that are custom fit specifically to the 05+ Tacoma to make for an easy bolt in kit that will securely hold dual batteries in the factory location. The main base plate wraps down into the engine bay, the battery tray has stops along the edge to keep the batteries from sliding off the sides. Also all hardware is included.

If you had to move the batteries to the bed you'd be looking at nearly the same cost in just the heavy gauge battery cable needed and you'd need a sealed battery box.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #12
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I know there's a whole lot more than $145 tied up into making these a reality. Selling parts is never a guarantee, but dumping a ton of $ into making them in hopes of selling some is. Just think, when you sell one for $145 you'll only need to sell about 6 more to break even. People don't think about anything other than the material used. They magically appear on the workbench after Santa brings the steel.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
I know there's a whole lot more than $145 tied up into making these a reality. Selling parts is never a guarantee, but dumping a ton of $ into making them in hopes of selling some is. Just think, when you sell one for $145 you'll only need to sell about 6 more to break even. People don't think about anything other than the material used. They magically appear on the workbench after Santa brings the steel.
While I agree, I will also say that the photos don't show the main base plate, and they don't show the tabs on the side of the tray very well. Also I've really got to rewrite the descriptions for everything. It will get better, one step at a time.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #14
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd for later use.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #15
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
so? are these a go or no? I'm in need of a tray. Or do I talk to 4x innovations?
Old 01-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #16
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
They are for sale, pm Adam at Armortech or hit up the website. armortechoffroad.com
Old 01-09-2013, 06:22 AM   #17
You can order them by giving us a call (608-348-5462) or shooting me a PM, or by using the new website that Brett linked to. BTW Don't save that link! It will be changing to armortechoffroad.com as soon as I can get the URL transferred over. I'm going into full on Quito stalker mode on that today!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #18
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I'll get in touch soon. Need to replace a bearing, then I'll grab it from you.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:26 AM   #19
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Also, I realize this was specifically designed for the Optima battery's 34/75's, but will it still accomodate the square battery's?

I can not afford hardly anything right now. A buddy is donating me his Battery from his truck, and I'll have my battery from my truck- so thats 2. Til I can budget the Optimas.

I have this ->http://stingerelectronics.com/produc...9&CategoryID=2 For the isolation.

- Are there any mounting areas you recommend? Some of the other kits mount on top of the 2 battery's, others are in a random spot. I was planning to check clearance under the hood, and possibly add 2 extra holes on the top battery plate to mount her up.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:51 AM   #20
I'm not sure what you mean by "the square batteries" I would not particularly suggest mounting the solenoid to the top plate of the battery hold down as having to fight with the cables when changing out the batteries could become a pain. Depending on how large it is you might be able to mount it to the leg that reaches down the inside of the fender well. There is quite a lot of space there. There is also some room between the batteries and the inner fender up next to the batteries.