Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Armor Tech Offroad

Notices

Shackle Flip Kit - The Official Armor Tech Offroad Thread!

Old 09-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #201
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
Mine are a tad bit different than yours....I will probably have to take an inch or more...

Oh I see, I have 3x fine adjustment on the bracket, and 3 courser on the shackle section.

dats alot -O holes..
Old 09-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #202
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaltaco65 View Post
Oh I see, I have 3x fine adjustment on the bracket, and 3 courser on the shackle section.

dats alot -O holes..

He sent this to me about 2 months ago....I think it was an attempt to see what the mounting locations for the all pro should be so he can mass produce. I just haven't had really any time to install them
Old 09-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #204
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Adam, I'll be running stock springs for the forseeable future. Are these adjustable one's for non stock spring applications?
I'm planning on Wheelers 3 leaf HD AAL set up, Billstein B110's, Firestone bags, your flip kit and a bunch of meassuring to mod the bump stops. I carry a bunch of weight in tools, 4-500 lbs, so I'm unsure of lift higth and shock lenghts.
Any thoughts, comments, anyone?
Old 09-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #205
Ding Dang Dee
mjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
mjm540ii's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
all done....had to cut 2" off of them
Why did you have to trim them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheadesw View Post
Hey Adam, I'll be running stock springs for the forseeable future. Are these adjustable one's for non stock spring applications?
I'm planning on Wheelers 3 leaf HD AAL set up, Billstein B110's, Firestone bags, your flip kit and a bunch of meassuring to mod the bump stops. I carry a bunch of weight in tools, 4-500 lbs, so I'm unsure of lift higth and shock lenghts.
All seems good, just don't forget the extended brake lines
Old 09-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #206
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm540ii View Post

All seems good, just don't forget the extended brake lines

I had to trim because I had an adjustable set that had a ton of adjustments and it wouldn't fit with my rear bumper mounts...
Old 09-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #208
Gearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shedGearheadesw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gearheadesw's Tacoma Gallery
All seems good, just don't forget the extended brake lines [/QUOTE]

Thanks mjm540ii, that's one thing I was forgetting, excellent
Old 09-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #209
ArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
ArmorTech's Tacoma Gallery
Slimwood, sorry you have to trim your brackets. I wish you would have called me before going to all the trouble. You'll have a new set coming to you when we get back from Expo just because I'm not sure how much I trust having those slots open on the back side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm540ii View Post
Quote:

dats alot -O holes..
Because someone (I'm not naming any names) goofed up and test fit the first round of adjustable mounts with no rear bumper on the truck. Therefore easily overlooking the fact that the rear bumper mounts are right there unless you're running a shorter spring. That whole batch went in the scrap bin, but unfortunately not before Slimwood's shipped. We're now doing all shackle flips like SoCalTaco's. The new brackets have a good amount of adjust ability that will work with most, if not all, spring combinations. This includes stock, OME Dakars, AP standard and AP Expo.

I was trying to go with keeping all of the holes in the main bracket because I don't like the extra holes in the shackle tabs. In the end we threw both brackets in our test fixture and put WAY more force on them then you'll ever want the back of your truck to see and had no issues. Well other than nearly ripping 2 half inch bolts through a piece of 3x3x3/16 square tube...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearheadesw View Post
The new universal shackle flips are setup to run stock, OME Dakars, AP standard and AP Expo and any other spring that will work with the factory shackle mount. Beyond that I can't comment on shock lengths as I don't have those springs to test out myself. You'll want to cycle the suspension without shocks to measure what length you need before wheeling the truck.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #210
Ding Dang Dee
mjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
mjm540ii's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorTech View Post
We're now doing all shackle flips like SoCalTaco's. The new brackets have a good amount of adjust ability that will work with most, if not all, spring combinations. This includes stock, OME Dakars, AP standard and AP Expo.

The new universal shackle flips are setup to run stock, OME Dakars, AP standard and AP Expo and any other spring that will work with the factory shackle mount. Beyond that I can't comment on shock lengths as I don't have those springs to test out myself. You'll want to cycle the suspension without shocks to measure what length you need before wheeling the truck.
Damn, I wish I wasn't so quick to order from the first batch in april
Old 09-29-2013, 07:00 PM   #211
I love your mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorTech View Post
Slimwood, sorry you have to trim your brackets. I wish you would have called me before going to all the trouble. You'll have a new set coming to you when we get back from Expo just because I'm not sure how much I trust having those slots open on the back side.

Sweet
Old 09-30-2013, 09:26 AM   #212
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:

were you on the bump? How bad was the negative arc if it was?
Old 09-30-2013, 09:36 AM   #213
TRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDtexasTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: JP
TRDtexasTaco's Tacoma Gallery
anything for the all pro standards?
Old 09-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #214
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDtexasTaco View Post
anything for the all pro standards?
the standard and expo are about the same spring, expo leafs a bit thicker to add the 20% higher spring rate, eye-eye are the same.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #215
I love your mom!

Quote:
were you on the bump? How bad was the negative arc if it was?
Yeah I was...the arch wasn't too bad. Next time I will take better pictures...
Old 09-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #216
Banned
Quote:
Yeah I was...the arch wasn't too bad. Next time I will take better pictures...

great, most likely the same im getting, Im seeing 2-2.5 degrees without adjusting the bumps, hydros are about to go on and will adjust to have 1.5
Old 09-30-2013, 10:02 AM   #217
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
negative arch ftw

Old 09-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #219
Banned
holy premature flattening bat man!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #220
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
nah, the springs were already shot, so i figured i might as well get all i can get from them and mountede some shorter bumps. got a new system in the works, just waiting for time and a driveway to do the work. great for crawling though.