Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Armor Tech Offroad

Notices

Shackle Flip Kit - The Official Armor Tech Offroad Thread!

Old 03-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
ArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
ArmorTech's Tacoma Gallery
Shackle Flip Kit - The Official Armor Tech Offroad Thread!

I'm happy to finally be able to officially announce the Armor Tech Offroad Tacoma Shackle Flip Kit! Toyota's factory shackle mount is not setup to allow maximum flex at the shackle which limits the drop out flex of the rear axle on your Tacoma. This kit allows you to remove the factory shackle hanger and invert the shackle to allow for maximum flex and axle droop. A shackle flip makes a dramatic difference in the rear suspension travel. An added benefit to a shackle flip is the ability to install a longer shackle to add height to a suspension lift. You will get approximately 3/4" of lift with the factory shackle.

To mount the kit you will remove the rivets holding the factory bracket and bolt on the new brackets with included grade 8 hardware. The factory shackle is then flipped and bolted to the new hanging bracket using the factory bolt.

Shackle Flip Kits are universal and adjustable to work with most aftermarket springs including Stock, All Pro Expo, All Pro Standard, OME/Dakar. $199

The following information is based on stock springs. Other spring configurations will require you to take your own measurements to determine shock length, bump stop mounting, and brake line length.
Shocks:
You will need longer shocks to utilize the full suspension travel. Remember shocks are NOT limit straps and most shocks will be damaged by maxing their travel. If not installing shocks to utilize the full travel of the spring a limit strap will be required. Shock lengths and limit strap lengths will depend on each truck's particular setup, and desired performance. A new high clearance shock mounting kit will be available in the future. Pricing and lead time are not available at this time. We do have some access to shocks, call for more details.
Stock springs will work with a 16" collapsed length/27" extended shock.

Brake lines:
Like the shocks brake lines are not limit straps. The factory 17" brake lines are at the very limit of their extension at full droop. Purchasing extended brake lines is recommended. A brake line that is 17"+(spring/block/shackle lift height) is a minimum recommendation. We do have several brake line options available, call for more details.

Bump Stops:
Flipping the shackle lowers the rear of the leaf spring. Adding a bump stop extension may be desirable to limit damage to the leaf springs.

Increasing lift with longer shackles:
Longer shackles will provide lift by a factor of 1/2 of the difference in length of the new shackle when compared to a factory 3.5" shackle. In English, a 6" shackle is 2.5" longer than the 3.5" factory shackle. One half of 2.5" is 1.25" of lift. Combined with the kit would give a total of 2 inches of lift. Longer shackles and shackles with built in flex joints are coming soon, again pricing and exact availability is not currently available. We do not recommend installing a shackle longer than 6 inches and will not offer a shackle longer than 8 inches.

Attached Thumbnails
Shackle Flip Kit - The Official Armor Tech Offroad Thread!-shackleflip-5la.jpg   Shackle Flip Kit - The Official Armor Tech Offroad Thread!-shackleflip-4la.jpg   Shackle Flip Kit - The Official Armor Tech Offroad Thread!-shackleflip-3la.jpg   Shackle Flip Kit - The Official Armor Tech Offroad Thread!-shackleflip-6la.jpg   Shackle Flip Kit - The Official Armor Tech Offroad Thread!-shackleflip-7la.jpg  

Old 03-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #2
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Would there be an issue running this flip kit with other leaf packs? Just curious why they are leaf pack specific, or at least only work with certain leaf packs?
Old 03-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #3
Mall Crawler
MrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGrimm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Dean'o
MrGrimm's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
ArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Would there be an issue running this flip kit with other leaf packs? Just curious why they are leaf pack specific, or at least only work with certain leaf packs?
The OME/Dakar pack are not the same length as the factory springs. I have not been able to obtain, measure and test fit other spring packs at this time. A simple straight line measurement from the center of the front eye to the center of the rear eye can at least begin to determine if a custom hanger is needed.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #5
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #6
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorTech View Post
The OME/Dakar pack are not the same length as the factory springs. I have not been able to obtain, measure and test fit other spring packs at this time. A simple straight line measurement from the center of the front eye to the center of the rear eye can at least begin to determine if a custom hanger is needed.
I see, but that pack and several others are still rated to fit in the factory hanger so I don't see why that would make that much of a difference. But I also don't know anything about this kind of stuff. haha
Old 03-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #7
RiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutRiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jonathan
RiverBoyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Truck sex, how long for the price?
Old 03-06-2013, 10:02 PM   #8
I have no idea why OME made their springs longer, trust me, it is annoying! The longer OME leaf pack will change the shackle angle. Having the shackle angle optimized for the shorter stock leaf pack means that the shackle angle won't be quite right for the longer pack. Will the kit still work for an OME pack, most likely, but it won't be perfect. $179 isn't pocket change to most people so we want to make sure the parts fit as well as possible. As for other brands of springs, like I said, I have not been able to measure them and test fit them myself but if you want to measure the eye to eye length I can at least get a base line.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #9
RiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutRiverBoyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Also lead time? Or ready to ship?
Old 03-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBoyTRD View Post
Also lead time? Or ready to ship?
All the knowledge you seek is available and updated regularly here: http://www.armortechoffroad.com/2005...kit_p_334.html
Old 03-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #11

Your unadulterated truck sex part has been ordered!!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #12
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
So how do we order the ome/Dakar flip kit? I don't see an option for that one?
Old 03-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #13
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
So how do we order the ome/Dakar flip kit? I don't see an option for that one?
It says right in the OP it's not available yet
Old 03-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #14
Dark Lord of the Sith
wrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrmathis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Tech Insp: 404 ASB/4th CAB
Name: Ryan Mathis
wrmathis's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wrmathis Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis
That section was the only part I skipped over
Old 03-07-2013, 05:45 AM   #16
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Subd. Damnit Adam you're gonna be taking more money from me
Old 03-07-2013, 06:33 AM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverBoyTRD View Post
Your unadulterated truck sex part has been ordered!!
Thanks! I'll get you an email with tracking info once it ships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjm540ii View Post
Are we going to need extended brake lines W this kit?
So many things to remember... Yes, strongly recommended. I've been cycling here with the factory lines. They get very tight and I can't say I'd want to wheel with them like that. The pain in the but part is that a simple extra 2 inches would do. Figures right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Subd. Damnit Adam you're gonna be taking more money from me
Sounds good to me!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:40 AM   #18
Ding Dang Dee
mjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjm540ii is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
mjm540ii's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorTech View Post
Thanks! I'll get you an email with tracking info once it ships.

So many things to remember... Yes, strongly recommended. I've been cycling here with the factory lines. They get very tight and I can't say I'd want to wheel with them like that. The pain in the but part is that a simple extra 2 inches would do. Figures right?
Story of my life...

Ordered early this morning...