Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Armor Tech Offroad

Notices

Tacoma Bed Cargo Cross Bar

Old 07-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #21
tdunc is a jewel in the roughtdunc is a jewel in the roughtdunc is a jewel in the roughtdunc is a jewel in the rough
tdunc's Tacoma Gallery
Just opened my 1.5" bars, and like the look and fit so far. Just put on the first coat of primer. I'll be in and out of the house for the next week so may not have installed pictures for a bit, but I will post when I can.

However, I do have one question. What's the middle bolt (the only tapped hole) for? Am I supposed to screw it against the back of the rail for extra stability or anything?
Old 08-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #22
NorthWoods is a jewel in the roughNorthWoods is a jewel in the roughNorthWoods is a jewel in the rough
NorthWoods's Tacoma Gallery
Got my bad bars and gas can mounts put on them. ATO was superb to deal with! They even drilled and tapped the bed bars where I wanted the cans mounted. Quality is top notch, worth every penny.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #23
ArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
ArmorTech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWoods View Post
Got my bad bars and gas can mounts put on them. ATO was superb to deal with! They even drilled and tapped the bad bars where I want to cans mounted. Quality is top notch, worth every penny.

Thank you for the good word. I do like how it turned out as well. I think we're going to make this a standard kit.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:11 AM   #24
tdunc is a jewel in the roughtdunc is a jewel in the roughtdunc is a jewel in the roughtdunc is a jewel in the rough
tdunc's Tacoma Gallery
1.5" cross bars with Curt cargo basket

This setup works pretty well even with the UWS toolbox. Even though I got a short bed, I'm still asking for everything I know I can make it all work somehow!

Thanks again Adam
Old 09-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #25
RC4413 is on a distinguished road

RC4413's Tacoma Gallery
AT, the rails look good! To keep it rubbing on the bed liner, is there any room to mount rubber on bottom of the rail that touches the bed rail?

Also, would you be able to fabricate a set that is flush with the bed and also has a 6 inch rise?

Thank you in advance.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #26
ArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWF03 View Post
AT, the rails look good! To keep it rubbing on the bed liner, is there any room to mount rubber on bottom of the rail that touches the bed rail?

Also, would you be able to fabricate a set that is flush with the bed and also has a 6 inch rise?

Thank you in advance.
On the current brackets there is not enough adjustment room in the bolts for a rubber pad under the bed rail. It's also not really needed because cross bars mount nice and tight.

Give me a call about the custom rise bars and we'll get you set up.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #27
RC4413 is on a distinguished road

RC4413's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorTech View Post
On the current brackets there is not enough adjustment room in the bolts for a rubber pad under the bed rail. It's also not really needed because cross bars mount nice and tight.

Give me a call about the custom rise bars and we'll get you set up.
10 4. Thanks for the information. I appreciate the response.

Just received my hardware from ArmorTech. Great product and excellent customer service. These guys are great. Thank you.
Old 09-26-2013, 02:35 PM   #28
keylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
keylay's Tacoma Gallery
These would be perfect for work. I haul spine boards (think what EMTs use at accidents) for work and i could mount these on the cross bars. Better than folding down the tailgate since i have the DCSB.

These are fantastic looking and a good price!
Old 09-27-2013, 06:43 AM   #29
Kyle,

We'd be happy to set you up with a set. You can order them on our website or over the phone.

Thanks!
Old 11-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #31
NorthWoods is a jewel in the roughNorthWoods is a jewel in the roughNorthWoods is a jewel in the rough
NorthWoods's Tacoma Gallery
Relocated my cans to the outside of my bars this weekend, almost fubar'ed the whole project when I broke the thread tap on the 4th hole, but I got it out, bought a new one and continued. Much better visibility out the back now.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #32
Looks good. They are probably a lot easier to reach now also.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #34
Have Lockers will Travel!
loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Chief Petty Officer
Name: Phil
loco's Tacoma Gallery
Adam here's a pic of my new 8" rise bars for your use. Feel free to do what you wish with the photo.

Old 11-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #35
Quote:
Originally Posted by loco View Post
Adam here's a pic of my new 8" rise bars for your use. Feel free to do what you wish with the photo.
Looks good, thank you for your order, and for sharing the photo.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #36
Have Lockers will Travel!
loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Chief Petty Officer
Name: Phil
loco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looks good, thank you for your order, and for sharing the photo.
No sweat. Wish there was a photo of the custom bars here and on your website so figures I better send it to you for the next guy.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #37
Flboarder has much to be proud ofFlboarder has much to be proud ofFlboarder has much to be proud ofFlboarder has much to be proud ofFlboarder has much to be proud ofFlboarder has much to be proud ofFlboarder has much to be proud ofFlboarder has much to be proud ofFlboarder has much to be proud of
Flboarder's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed the 1.5" rise bars, these things are sweet! So much sturdier than the inno setup I tried before. Question though, what is the center hole for on the mounting? Couldn't figure it out.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:44 PM   #38
I'm glad to hear you're happy with the cross bars. The center hole in the mounting brackets is a hole that can be used as a grounding point if you're mounting lights to the cross bars. It's just a little convenience for those who need it.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #39
keylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shedkeylay is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kyle
keylay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Kyle,

We'd be happy to set you up with a set. You can order them on our website or over the phone.

Thanks!
Just ordered a set of these.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #40
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylay View Post
Just ordered a set of these.
Thank you for your order! I'll let you know when those get shipped out.

Here's some photos of a custom set we did for one of our service members who is stationed overseas. They came out looking pretty darn nice if you ask me!

Attached Thumbnails
Tacoma Bed Cargo Cross Bar-randycustomcrossbars.jpg   Tacoma Bed Cargo Cross Bar-randycustomcrossbars2.jpg