Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Armor Tech Offroad

Notices

High Clearance Rear Bumper

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2014, 09:29 AM   #141
ArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
ArmorTech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
couple of questions for those of you running the ato hc bumper, how are you wiring the license plate lights? are you using the stock harness/bulbs and modifying them to work or are you splicing in with a whole different lighting setup or maybe using something similar to these?
http://www.amazon.com/License-Plate-.../dp/B004PC49ZQ

just trying to get my ducks in a row before i dive into an unknown purchase. thanks
Dan, Our bumpers include new LED bolt lights that both hold the plate on and have led lights built into them to light the plate. There's no need for any other sort of accessory light to be added after you order a bumper from us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
Adam, Have you received any of my pms about the hitch, I just had a question and would like your feedback please,
Thanks
Sorry no I have not been able to be on the forums much lately. Email or phone is the fastest, more reliable way to get in touch with me currently. But we did chat about it.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:07 AM   #142
ndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: NICK
ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
For those of you that have this bumper, is there provisions for connecting the "safety chains" while towing a trailer? I can't see anything in the pictures or description.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #143
ArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yes there are hook mounts on the inside (front, towards the stock spare tire location) of the hitch tube.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:44 PM   #144
ndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shedndcmack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We did chat about it and I regret buying this bumper from you. How can you not give me a straight answer about the hitch you designed? We spoke on the phone and you had no advice for what type of mount to get since you redesigned it further back. To fit the new location a custom mount would have to be made to extend that long for the pin to lock in. Poor customer service in my opinion and will no longer purchase any products through armor tech or 4xinnovations.
making me think twice...
Old 04-10-2014, 07:45 PM   #145
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcmack View Post
For those of you that have this bumper, is there provisions for connecting the "safety chains" while towing a trailer? I can't see anything in the pictures or description.
Quote:
We did chat about it and I regret buying this bumper from you. How can you not give me a straight answer about the hitch you designed? We spoke on the phone and you had no advice for what type of mount to get since you redesigned it further back. To fit the new location a custom mount would have to be made to extend that long for the pin to lock in. Poor customer service in my opinion and will no longer purchase any products through armor tech or 4xinnovations.
I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. We use a standard Curt receiver tube, it still has the factory mounting point, which IS accessible. All be it not easily, a fact I have not once tried to hide. People asked to have another point available so we did that also.

Can you drill a new hole farther forward on your ball mount?

You guys want a rated hitch receiver but don't want it to stick out behind the high clearance off road bumper because it decreases departure angle. I'm all ears for suggestions for what you want done with the hitch tubes. I will not sell a bumper without those hitch supports. It would be a huge liability for me and for you to tow with a hitch that is not strong enough to meet the federal guide lines!
Old 04-10-2014, 07:48 PM   #146

ndcmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorTech View Post
I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. We use a standard Curt receiver tube, it still has the factory mounting point, which IS accessible. All be it not easily, a fact I have not once tried to hide. People asked to have another point available so we did that also.

Can you drill a new hole farther forward on your ball mount?

You guys want a rated hitch receiver but don't want it to stick out behind the high clearance off road bumper because it decreases departure angle. I'm all ears for suggestions for what you want done with the hitch tubes. I will not sell a bumper without those hitch supports. It would be a huge liability for me and for you to tow with a hitch that is not strong enough to meet the federal guide lines!
Adam, do you have a picture of the receiver area in question? I want to be as educated as possible before I make my choice on HC Rear.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:06 PM   #147
hitch pin access. It is tight but it is doable. Just as with the Style 2 Hidden Hitch, if you will be changing out a ball mount a lot (taking it on/off to go off road), this isn't the bumper for you. You would want the Style 1 or Style 2 standard hitch. If you're doing it once and a while, it should not be a big deal with the HC or Style 2 Hidden Hitch.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:01 AM   #148
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 05-29-2014, 10:06 PM   #150
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man
Old 05-29-2014, 11:14 PM   #151
Pdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
Pdugan6's Tacoma Gallery
Pics of led lights that were provided and are awesome. Also for the hitch pin access I cut an opening out of the metal flange below the bed. Albeit a rough cut but access is very easy now too lazy to clean it up at the moment. I use a hitch pin like this

High Clearance Rear Bumper-imageuploadedbytapatalk1401430366.050824.jpg

High Clearance Rear Bumper-imageuploadedbytapatalk1401430390.824121.jpg

High Clearance Rear Bumper-imageuploadedbytapatalk1401430401.436186.jpg
Old 05-30-2014, 04:21 AM   #152
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdugan6 View Post
Pics of led lights that were provided and are awesome. Also for the hitch pin access I cut an opening out of the metal flange below the bed. Albeit a rough cut but access is very easy now too lazy to clean it up at the moment. I use a hitch pin like this

Attachment 274738

Attachment 274739

Attachment 274740
Good to know, thanks for providing that information. what kind of drop to you have on the mount...9inch?
Old 05-30-2014, 07:46 AM   #153
Pdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
Pdugan6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good to know, thanks for providing that information. what kind of drop to you have on the mount...9inch?

I did a Chevy spring swap with shackes so I needed a very large drop. I have a 16" drop which put the top of the ball at 18" from the ground or 16" to the tongue from the ground which is the proper height for most towing applications. I'll take a pick later
Old 06-23-2014, 03:22 PM   #154
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-24-2014, 07:24 AM   #155
All you have to do Chris is work with me and we'll get you set up with the new latch. However you refuse to do so so please stop slandering our first revision product!
Old 06-24-2014, 09:28 AM   #156
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Whole lot of crying going on in here. Some seems to be substantiated and some not even close to being real world issues to someone who is handy and can think out of the box.

I never had any issues with ATO when I picked up the phone and talked to them. Seems many of you are lazy and clueless and just like to jump on the bashing bang wagon. Every guy who bought a bumper and has a clue has little to no issues. If you think aftermarket custom armor products are going to be perfect and require zero modification you should buy a car and start hanging with the tuners.

If your not willing to work with a supplier so they can fix the issue you should shut your mouth and place the blame on yourself. Shit happens and no one is perfect. It's how a company responds to mistakes and fixes them that counts.

So sad to see the aftermarket truck parts scene turn into a bunch of helpless crying babys.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:40 AM   #157
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Exactly! Good luck getting an email response within 1 month from ATO.
Pick up a phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must be one of the lazy ones and that explains a TON concerning your "issues".

I mean what kind of person gets a bumper that has issues they paid hundreds for and sends an e-mail? Then cries about response time?
Old 06-24-2014, 10:15 AM   #158
Quote:
Why should he stop! Why change the design in the first place? He's not the only one with issues. Your customer service is poor. No more future purchases from ATO for me.
We changed the design to stop this problem, which the change has done very successfully. We offered to fix the issue for everyone who had the old style latch. All those who replied have been taken care of to their satisfaction, as far as I know. However, Chris is unwilling to work with us for getting his tire carrier fixed properly. His tire carrier has two problems that I know of, we were trying to work on getting both fixed but he will not work with us to do so. If he wants me to send him the new latch that's fine but he has to be willing to actually talk to me and tell me that is what he'd like. I called him just this morning and left him a message. He called back in 5 minutes only to immediately hang up, not saying a word.

If anyone else is having this problem please call me, pm me or email me and I will take care of you.

I'm sorry that you feel my service is poor. I do not sell hitch adapters and I don't feel that it is up to me to know every single option from every manufacturer for them. You've seen several posts from people saying they use the factory cross pin hole with little trouble. We have changed the current bumpers to have the hitch tube stick outside the back side (same direction as the shackle tabs) allowing the cross pin to be outside of the bumper. Originally I made the hitch tube flush because this is a HIGH CLEARANCE bumper. We build parts for wheelers and that is the mind set I use when designing our products. I personally would not want a hitch tube sticking out to limit the departure angle at all. The hitch location is also based on the information I received from Kevin about how he was building them. According to Linwood, who was nice enough to actually tell me that was not the case, unlike anyone else who has seen Kevin's old bumpers.

If you wish for something to be done to your bumper please contact me directly and I will try to work with you on that. You will get the same very simple offer Chris got many months ago.

It is true that I have been struggling to keep up with emails. This is something I have been working to get on top of. As XXXX says the phone is the best way to get a hold of us right now. We are here from 8am-12noon and 1pm to 5pm Central time. The only time we don't answer the phone is when we don't hear it, which is actually not that often.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:34 AM   #159
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
All you have to do Chris is work with me and we'll get you set up with the new latch. However you refuse to do so so please stop slandering our first revision product!
I have not refused to work with you, I refuse to remove the reviews until I have a working product. I've tried to work with you including several phone conversations and emails up to and including sending back my tire gate.

Quote:
We changed the design to stop this problem, which the change has done very successfully. We offered to fix the issue for everyone who had the old style latch. All those who replied have been taken care of to their satisfaction, as far as I know. However, Chris is unwilling to work with us for getting his tire carrier fixed properly. His tire carrier has two problems that I know of, we were trying to work on getting both fixed but he will not work with us to do so. If he wants me to send him the new latch that's fine but he has to be willing to actually talk to me and tell me that is what he'd like. I called him just this morning and left him a message. He called back in 5 minutes only to immediately hang up, not saying a word.

If anyone else is having this problem please call me, pm me or email me and I will take care of you.

I'm sorry that you feel my service is poor. I do not sell hitch adapters and I don't feel that it is up to me to know every single option from every manufacturer for them. You've seen several posts from people saying they use the factory cross pin hole with little trouble. We have changed the current bumpers to have the hitch tube stick outside the back side (same direction as the shackle tabs) allowing the cross pin to be outside of the bumper. Originally I made the hitch tube flush because this is a HIGH CLEARANCE bumper. We build parts for wheelers and that is the mind set I use when designing our products. I personally would not want a hitch tube sticking out to limit the departure angle at all. The hitch location is also based on the information I received from Kevin about how he was building them. According to Linwood, who was nice enough to actually tell me that was not the case, unlike anyone else who has seen Kevin's old bumpers.

If you wish for something to be done to your bumper please contact me directly and I will try to work with you on that. You will get the same very simple offer Chris got many months ago.

It is true that I have been struggling to keep up with emails. This is something I have been working to get on top of. As XXXX says the phone is the best way to get a hold of us right now. We are here from 8am-12noon and 1pm to 5pm Central time. The only time we don't answer the phone is when we don't hear it, which is actually not that often.
I have told you in the past while on the phone what I would like from you which is a working product. Funny that you think I called back considering I didn't get your message (which is actually further proof of the lack of customer service) until about 30 minutes ago.

I'll be giving you a call later this afternoon when I have a chance.

Chris
Old 06-24-2014, 11:03 AM   #160
Chris, I called you just after I made the first post this morning. Your phone number called me back within 5 minutes. The offer is still the same. The leading of the bashing wagon must go, especially since it has only continued. It is not difficult at all! This will not lead you to any sort of internet fame!

Matt call Pro Form Fabrication, they can help you.

Products Discussed in this Thread