Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Armor Tech Offroad

Notices

High Clearance Rear Bumper

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
ArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adam
ArmorTech's Tacoma Gallery
High Clearance Rear Bumper

Armor Tech Offroad is proud to offer you the best High Clearance Wraparound rear bumper available. This excellently crafted rear bumper is designed with the serious wheeler in mind. Built at the government mandated minimum bumper height of 4 inches you can't get any smaller of a rear bumper without being hassled. You'll also gain great ground clearance and damage protection directly behind the rear wheels with the low profile, and reinforced side wings. Trimming away the stock sheet metal and installing the High Clearance Rear bumper removes about 4 inches of factory rock anchor sheet metal. In addition the side wings are reinforced directly back to the frame, which greatly reduces the risk of rear quarter panel damage from those angry rocks, tree branches and stumps.

As with all of our great rear bumpers a class 3 hitch is built in and ready to serve your towing needs. A new improvement is the rear license plate mount. You're no longer stuck with having to remove your license plate to use your hitch! Instead a mounting plate is provided that attached directly to the main section of the bumper. This means no getting pulled over when all you needed was a simple bike rack. New LED bolt lights are also provided to light your license plate at night.

High Clearance Rear Bumpers ship fully assembled, ready to paint and install. All required hardware is included. Additionally, edging material is included to provide a clean look on the cut edges of your bedside.

Do you want the ultimate adventure bumper? Add a Swing Out Tire Carrier with spare tire mount, and upgrade it with a NATO Jerry Can Mount or two, and fold down cook tray.

High Clearance Rear Bumper base: $748
Options:
Hi -Lift Jack cutouts $29
Rear light mounting buckets (fit Rigid SR-M lights and small driving lights only) $54
Swing Out Tire Carrier Base $364
Add Jerry Can Mount to tire carrier $90 each, up to 2
Fold Down Cook Tray to tire carrier $90

Attached Thumbnails
High Clearance Rear Bumper-ato4045-1la.jpg   High Clearance Rear Bumper-ato4045-2la.jpg   High Clearance Rear Bumper-ato4045-3la.jpg   High Clearance Rear Bumper-ato4045-4la.jpg   High Clearance Rear Bumper-1460-1la.jpg  

High Clearance Rear Bumper-1460-2la.jpg   High Clearance Rear Bumper-1460-3la.jpg   High Clearance Rear Bumper-1460-4la.jpg  
Old 08-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Sexy
Old 08-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #4
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have any pictures of one with the tire swingout but without any jerry can mounts, etc? And is there a way I could get a swingout version that I could put a Rotopax mount on?

EDIT - Basically, I am looking for a version similar to SlimwoodShady's, but without hi-lift points and back up lights.

Matt
Old 08-19-2013, 06:40 PM   #5
ArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shedArmorTech is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Matt,

The swing out is completely customizable. I do not have any other photos of other versions at this time, we just built this first one yesterday. If you'd like to talk about getting one built please call me and we can work through the details. It is MUCH easier to discuss this over direct communication. 1-608-348-5462
Old 08-19-2013, 06:45 PM   #6
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorTech View Post
Matt,

The swing out is completely customizable. I do not have any other photos of other versions at this time, we just built this first one yesterday. If you'd like to talk about getting one built please call me and we can work through the details. It is MUCH easier to discuss this over direct communication. 1-608-348-5462
Sorry for the multiple social networks Adam I'm still pretty far off from purchase, I was just curious about custom options and their pricing.

Matt
Old 08-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #7
More photos posted, and more will posted as we get more options built.

Matt,

When you're ready give me a call and we'll get you all set up.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:42 PM   #8
Monkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud ofMonkeyboy has much to be proud of
Marines:
Monkeyboy's Tacoma Gallery
This bumper is so stout that I sort of want to drive backwards and run into things now.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:06 PM   #10
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Have you figured out if the swing out is something I could add later on?
Old 08-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #11
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. DTOM
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zac
xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
What's the towing cap? I occasionally tow something that's...err...a little over our rating. About 9,000 pounds
Old 08-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
Have you figured out if the swing out is something I could add later on?
It could be, it will require the ability to do alignment and a good welding ability to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaqori View Post
What's the towing cap? I occasionally tow something that's...err...a little over our rating. About 9,000 pounds
We've had the hitch tested to Class 3 rating, which is 500 pounds tongue load, 5000 pound gross trailer weight. 9k pounds is well over the factory rating of the truck itself and is specifically NOT recommended for anything related to a Tacoma.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #13
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Cool.. Hopefully can swing this before October 1st.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:20 AM   #14
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 08-20-2013, 07:27 AM   #15
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
so sexy. wish i had the $ for one with the tire carrier.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #16
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
On order
Old 08-20-2013, 10:09 AM   #17
Thank you Ckeene!
Old 08-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #18
Movnup is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryan
Movnup's Tacoma Gallery
I was lucky enough to get in a fender bender this week which put a dent in my chrome bumper and pushed it into the quarter panel but the only damage is to the area I would have to cut off. Plus I've been looking around and havent found any other bumpers that have a class lll hitch so this one is perfect for me. I will take the truck in for an estimate tomorrow and hopefully it is enough to cover a decent portion of this bumper.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #19
Sorry to hear about the fender bender. Never fun getting to deal with that, but at least you'll get an upgrade out of the deal. Give me a shout when you're ready and I'll get you all set up.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #20
Movnup is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryan
Movnup's Tacoma Gallery
Adam,
body shops here don't want to touch putting this bumper on, but I did find a 4x4/fab shop that said they would do it. They just want an estimate on how long it takes from beginning to end to put this thing on.

Products Discussed in this Thread