1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NATO Jerry Can Mounts, universal mounting

Discussion in 'Armor Tech Offroad' started by ArmorTech, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Nov 5, 2013 at 5:45 PM
    ArmorTech

ArmorTech [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Armor Tech Offroad's new heavy duty Universal Jerry Can mounting system is designed to securely hold your 5 gallon (20L) NATO style Jerry Can in many positions. This system can be mounted by either side, the back or the bottom of the case. The fuel can is held in place by a hinged cover strap which is closed at the top of the holder with a double catch, lockable latch.

The universal off road NATO Jerry Can Mount ships powder coated semi-gloss black with three 5/16" x 1 1/2" stainless steel counter sink bolts, nuts and lock washers for mounting. Jerry Can not included, shown for illustration purposes only.

Jerry Can Mounts are $132 each. To place an order either give me a call or check them out on our website here.

ATO6006-7LA.jpg

ATO6006-8LA.jpg

ATO6006-9LA.jpg

ATO6006-10La.jpg

1460-5LA.jpg

2. Jul 27, 2014 at 10:58 PM
    bayareataco

bayareataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Bay Area, California
    Vehicle:
    01 tacoma sr5 trd 4x4 5speed
    Camper Shell Thule System 3 inch lift procomp wheels km2's apex plate bumper piaa lights warn m8000-s
  3. Sep 13, 2015 at 10:15 PM
    paranoid56

paranoid56 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    14 double cab taco
    hey, necro bump, will it fit? lol

4. Sep 26, 2015 at 11:47 AM
    ArmorTech

ArmorTech [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    I ordered one this week, first off, that's a much nicer carrier than I was expecting! It is much thicker than a standard gas can. But they do NOT fit. The plastic cans are a bit too tall and the spout at the top is also too tall. As of right now I'm not sure if we'll design a new mount for these, but I will give it some thought.

While I was thinking about it, I made up a couple of pictures to show the difference between an ACTUAL NATO can and the knock off NATO cans. The can with the flush weld seam is the can you want to fit our mounts. These are the quality European made units. The cheapo knockoffs with the weld seam that sticks outside of the can will NOT fit our mount. I highly doubt we'll every make a mount for the knock offs. This is simply because those cans just plain suck. You can't even set them down on without them tipping. Additionally the protruding weld seam means you end up with a very small point load when placed into the mount. As I'm sure you can imagine this will quickly wear away any paint/POR/powdercoat/zinc plate/whatever coating, meaning that both the can and the mount will rust in short order. IMO, that isn't too valuable, especially when you're spending a sizable chunk of money on a fluid carrying device.
    ATO6006-9LA.jpg
    ATO6006-8LA.jpg

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015

Products Discussed in

To Top