1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Armor Tech Offroad Product Line

Discussion in 'Armor Tech Offroad' started by Fire931, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Mar 21, 2012 at 8:31 AM
    tacoman15

tacoman15 Boobies

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Northeast Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TRD OR & 1985 SR5 4Runner
    Ah sorry I misunderstood. Kevin is an awesome guy and he will go out of his way to help his customers just like you said. I think he sells some of the best armor on the market which is why his skid GB is linked in my sig lol. If I was getting another Tacoma I would buy my armor through him again.

True. I mean it isn't like replacing a rear shock lol.

2. Mar 21, 2012 at 8:34 AM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    Definitely will be a bitch to cycle and make sure it doesnt bind or become inverted at full droop, but its worth it. Next option will be going full custom weld on rear hanger and shackle, by then you might as well move the front forward and go SUA.

3. Mar 21, 2012 at 8:41 AM
    no mods

no mods Well-Known Member

Member:
    cincinnati
    Some stickers
    I posted in here because I've been there done that.. I have experienced all the the shit that comes w this or any other mod for that matter. You can't assume anything or any skill level when selling parts to the general public.

If you don't want to listen to someone who's been down that road then fine, let history repeat itself at your cost .just remember not come crying "ato sucks" because a particular project is over your skill set.

**Forums are for gaining incite and wisdom from other more experienced people. If you just want to hear yourself talk go do it someplace else where I don't try to learn from.

4. Mar 21, 2012 at 9:06 AM
    blackhawke88

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    fixed

5. Mar 21, 2012 at 9:08 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    incite a riot

6. Mar 21, 2012 at 9:17 AM
    blackhawke88

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    [​IMG]

7. Mar 21, 2012 at 12:17 PM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tundra Rock Warrior 5.7L 4x4
    3" Toytec Ultimate Lift, 315/70R17 Duratracs, RW Wheels, Grillcraft Grill, Toyota "Raptor" Lettering and more
    I agree with 'no mods'.
    The "builder kit" is not going to be a direct bolt on product, boom your done. It eliminates the cutting and bending of the parts but leaves it up to you, the customer, to then complete the engineering and finish welding. You, the customer, could be the best welding in the world but if you think you can just weld it together where you think it will work, you are probably wrong.
    This needs to be designed, tested and improved to figure out the proper angles, spacing and lengths needed to make this work for on and offroad applications.
    Guess we have to wait for this process to happen from ATO unless someone else here has the brain power to figure it all out.

8. Mar 21, 2012 at 12:18 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    I think I understand where no mods is coming from. The shackle flip coupled with a rear shock relo seems to be the superior choice in gaining the most articulation for the rear axle. What I believe he is trying to convey is that this is a serious modification that requires skills that not everyone possesses...
    I have done my research and have also been fortunate enough to examine Kevin's previous shackle flip on other members trucks so I know what is involved and the risk/result.
    I'm looking forward to givng Kevin my business.:D
    Also willing to take another ride down to Va.;)

9. Mar 21, 2012 at 12:22 PM
    blackhawke88

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    Meh, its been figured out by other vendors, and have been applied to many trucks I have seen in person:
    engagepaintcage008_380e7f07a75e53fa51123b2578660e53bf3eb371.jpg
    [​IMG]
    As long as you know how to properly cycle a suspension, then it isnt impossible.

Biggest issue is having it not bind during the whole suspension cycle, which means a lot of test fitting and cycling.

10. Mar 21, 2012 at 12:40 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    gotta love that LT setup.... :drool:

11. Mar 21, 2012 at 6:00 PM
    jlvhrse

jlvhrse Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jen
    SoCal SGV
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4X4 Long Bed
    LSK front and rear LT and stuff
    NO MODS that's a much more helpful post opposed to your first one that was nothing but negativity. I know what a shackle flip entails and have the help of some very knowledgeable TW members and welders that have built trucks from the ground up. So I personally know what I'm getting in to. Either way my point was if you know something you think we don't feel free to share if your just posting to troll thats not wanted here.

12. Mar 21, 2012 at 6:06 PM
    no mods

no mods Well-Known Member

Member:
    cincinnati
    Some stickers
    I don't sugar coat things... I'm a realist

Ps : Are you like the den mother?

13. Mar 21, 2012 at 6:37 PM
    jlvhrse

jlvhrse Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jen
    SoCal SGV
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4X4 Long Bed
    LSK front and rear LT and stuff
    Den mother!? I'm too young to want to be a mother!! :p

EDIT: WOW! I killed this thread hehehehehe

14. Apr 3, 2012 at 10:13 PM
    COMAtose HI

COMAtose HI Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD SPORT 4x4
    6" Procomp Stage 1 Suspension Lift, Custom 6" Alcan Springs, N-Fab Side Steps, Husky Floor Liners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Debadged, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, 13" Antenna from AntennaX.com, 35% Tint for front windows, Procomp 7032 Series 18x9 wheels, 33x12.50 Nitto Mud Grappler tires
    sub'd for shackle flip kit!!!

15. Apr 21, 2012 at 10:11 AM
    poesraven

poesraven New Member

Member:
    NE PA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tac TRD
    Nice Products !

16. Jun 23, 2012 at 12:39 AM
    puddin67

puddin67 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner SR5
    Westin bull bar with blacked skid, 6000k xenon bulbs, 2 Almani 12" subs, 1600 w Boss amp, Kenwood head unit, AVS rain guards, removed mudflaps, UWS toolbox, 3/4 debadged, blacked grille emblem, blacked tail lights, sockmonkey 3rd brake light cover
    got this for 1st gen? that basic bolt on bumper would be orgasmic

17. Jun 23, 2012 at 2:34 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    Wow this threads been dead for a while.

And no I don't believe kevin makes anything for first gens. Send him a pm and he'll get back to you.

18. Jun 23, 2012 at 6:39 PM
    EL TACOROJO

EL TACOROJO SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.

Member:
    First Name:
    BURRY
    south mills NORCAK
    Vehicle:
    03 dblcab prerunner sr5 v6
    smoked taillights,smoked front turnsignals,smoked 3rd brake light,black badges,black roof rack,removed mud flaps,debadged, camburg 2.5 coilovers,camburg uca's, cobra 25 cb, 4ft firestick ant, dust light/bed lights , 4 hellas on the front
    Nope not at all

19. Jun 23, 2012 at 6:55 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

There will be some new stuff soon :spy:

At least in the vendor forum.

20. Aug 3, 2012 at 12:55 PM
    MarineTacoDriver

MarineTacoDriver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cherry Point
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4
    ARB front bumper, Warn M8000, ATO front/transmission/transfer case skids, Icon ext travel coilovers, Total Chaos UCA's, OME Dakar leaf springs, Bilstein/RCD 5100 3-4" lift shock, extended stainless brake lines, DrewFab shackle flip, rear ARB Airlocker, ARB air compressor
    Went to get ny exhaust rerouted today to throw my transfer and tranny skids on today. The guy put my truck up on a lift, I showed him what I wanted and explained why after he asked that. Apparently, Kevin is not a good fabricator because he didn't design the skid around the factory pipe. Then he told me it would be around $260 to have it done like I wanted. St this point I asked him to put my truck on the ground and I left.

Products Discussed in

To Top